Heffner or Bob Ida

rick430

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
boston
Can anybody describe (as best they can) the difference between the Heffner and Bob Ida exhaust pipes. My car came with a Bob Ida pipe and it sounds good. Frrom the posts it seems like the Heffner is even better.Would anyone in or around the Boston area have one on their car?

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Can anybody describe (as best they can) the difference between the Heffner and Bob Ida exhaust pipes. My car came with a Bob Ida pipe and it sounds good. Frrom the posts it seems like the Heffner is even better.Would anyone in or around the Boston area have one on their car?

I would wager that the sound is too close to call. The biggest difference is the nice tips that are on the Heffner pipes.

davisp

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 18, 2006
New Jersey
I agree with Florida Chris, the sound is very close. The only reason to switch would be the cosmetics of the tips. PD

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
I have not heard the Ida exhaust however I could not be happier with my Heffner system... it is unreal.

rick430

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
boston
Is there any way to get the pipe coated to get rid of the "yellowing" .Does heffner offer a coated pipe?

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
Hi Rick,

Yes we can have the exhaust coated for you. You should check with "kosupply" on this forum. He has had both exhausts.

M

Mark O

I too am interested in the Heffner exhaust. Anyone got one installed up here in MA or in the New England region?

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Is there any way to get the pipe coated to get rid of the "yellowing" .Does heffner offer a coated pipe?

Any of the exhaust guys can have it done if that is one's desire.

To put this in perspective the Ida exhaust was developed not as an item to increase noise or have nice tips but to combat engine compartment heat and overheating. He was asked by FoMoCo to come up with a solution and was provided with information. A customer had complained and Ford was not willing to invest additional funds to correct the problem which would have required new emission testing and other legal requirements..

That is the main reason to change from the stock exhaust system; create air flow and reduce "heat soak". Bob found that he saves at least 50 hp through reducing heat soak.

There have been many threads on this subject and it has been beaten to death more than once. Suggest people use the search function, more than they do, in order to find information that has been developed and discussed almost 1 1/2 years ago.

Dave

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
The Heffner tips are double walled and although my pipes have yellowed from the heat, the tips are like new. Ed Sims has an uncoated IDA and the pipes are blue and yellow, but he drives the car harder and more than I do.

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Here's a couple shots of my Heffner tips. I couldn't be happier with the sound, looks or weight loss.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6768&page=3

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Ida pipes

As I have posted numerous times I love the sound & look of the Ida pipes. They are so race like. Colored stainless steel is so cool. It exudes factory race tech to me, as do the plain tips. And the sound is right off Le Mans!

Ed

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
Bob Ida

Bobs, I have two cars.As of two days ago one with whipple and other with pully.Now both whipped.

Outlaw

GT Owner
Apr 25, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Ive got the Heffner System and couldnt be Happier .... Great sounds the the tips look awesome !!! Definetly reccomend Heffner's Performance !

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
Heffner all the way!

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
Ive never seen or heard a Heffner in person but Im very happy with my IDA. I like the race style tips on the IDA.