Heffner Exhaust

Kustom_Zee

GT Owner
Jun 17, 2007
Any recommendations ?? Anyone got video of it installed ??

Regards,

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Use the search feature of the forum for Pics/ Video.

Go to Heffners site for a sound clip

Last edited:

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I like the Heffner kit a lot. I've installed about 8 of them - just finshed one Friday night and I have another GT in the shop which will also get a Heffner (along with many other mods). Note that only the Heffner and the Borla have an option for the rear bumper delete kits. With the Borla, you simply get new (shorter) tips. With the Heffner, you specify what version you want when ordering. On the car I did Friday (non Forum Member), I also installed the Stillen CAT Delete pipes in front of the Heffner. The sound WAS different - I would say a little more refined than it is with the cats in place.

Either way the Heffner sounds very good. Do a search on Heffner and you will see the feedback from others as well.

pauleddy

Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 14, 2007
Newport/Boca Grande
Ford Racing Muff

#1049 has the Ford Racing muffler installed and produces a fantastic, throaty roar when one puts one's foot into it. The resulting noice is louder than stock but not so loud as to necessitate ear plugs. The stainless box also looks much better in the engine bay.
Paul

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
No vid, but here are a couple shots of my Heffner tips. I couldn't be happier with the sound, looks or weight loss.

Nota4re aka Kendall installed mine and I couldn't recommend him more highly.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6768&page=3

DanQ

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2005
Lake Zurich, IL
Does anyone know if the Heffner designed for the bumper delete can be run "with" the bumper? I'm not decided if I'll do the bumper delete, but this might keep me from having to buy 2 exhausts?

oops did I just hijack this thread? Should I start a new thread?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Dan,

I wouldn't recommend running the Heffner RBD exhaust with the bumper in place. The tips are some 5" shorter and, although aligned, would not extend through the bumper. You would melt the exhaust surround and perhaps the bumper itself in relatively short order.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Dan,

I wouldn't recommend running the Heffner RBD exhaust with the bumper in place. The tips are some 5" shorter and, although aligned, would not extend through the bumper. You would melt the exhaust surround and perhaps the bumper itself in relatively short order.

+1. You will kill your bumper.

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
+1. You will kill your bumper.

True, but then you'll just have to do the RBD that much sooner!

Outlaw

GT Owner
Apr 25, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
I have the Heffner system and highly reccomend it. great quality, sound and looks. I get complements all the time on how the car sounds. Go for it !

DanQ

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2005
Lake Zurich, IL
Thanks for the responses on the bumper delete option..hummm what to do? what to do?