Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
"Let the mkt decide".

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
I don't know if it a good or a bad price.

Just thought I would let members know a set is for sale because more than one member is looking for them. I'm not trying to take business away from Torrie.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I don't know if it a good or a bad price.

Just thought I would let members know a set is for sale because more than one member is looking for them. I'm not trying to take business away from Torrie.

I believe the ORIGINAL list was around $930. You decide!

But, you were 100% "right on" to post it. Someone just MAY BE that desperate. Who knows?

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
I believe the ORIGINAL list was around $930. You decide!

But, you were 100% "right on" to post it. Someone just MAY BE that desperate. Who knows?

Sounds like a few members have been waiting a looooooong time for one or the other.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
$5k is a little over kill. Anyone willing to pay that, call me. I will remove the headlights from my personal GT and sell them to you $500 cheaper! :)

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I think one of the side have been out of stock for a long time and the original vendor that made them is out of business.

Supply and demand baby! Unless you subscribe to rationing.

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
I think one of the side have been out of stock for a long time and the original vendor that made them is out of business.

Supply and demand baby! Unless you subscribe to rationing.

We might have to convince one of our Vendors to start making "aftermarket" headlights for a resonable price....just a thought.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

Slight markup anyone

I guess if your desperate...

He's got gauges (Temperature and Oil Pressure) for about $500 each too and a speedo for ~$1,000!! Sounds more like a salvage operation!! Don't think I would trust him much.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Call me unreasonable, but, I've always been of the opinion that the headlite LENSES should have been attached seperate from the headlite BUCKETS...for just the reason the " Anyone had imperfections in headlights?" thread was started. There also shudda been a removeable panel in the inner fender panels to access the darn 'bucket.

'Always felt the same re: the windshield. That is, one should be able to replace the GT's windshield as easily as one can replace a Mustang's.

But, woulda, coulda, shoulda... :willy

Last edited:

ROWNER8

Dec 10, 2007
they advertise everything new in Ford boxes so I doubt it's a salvage operation. maybe a collector or investor

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Yikes.

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada

OCPETE

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Killer Dana, CA

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Supply and demand. The official Ford supply is ZERO!

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
I just drive in the day....Don't need no stinkin headlights!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Supply and demand. The official Ford supply is ZERO!

Okay, for the clueless, like me, what's the expectations here...Can they start up production of some parts, or is all that stuff stored away, or worse, gone?

Should I even bother making a warranty claim, or just sit tight with what I got?

Thanks in advance for any enlightenment. It's not killing me, people are losing their jobs and stuff, and it's just a headlight in the big scope of things, but if I can keep my car nice, I will do my absolute best. So, I'm just trying to set my expectations for this and future Ford GT parts...

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
I don't know for a fact, but it is rumored that the vendor that was making the headlights went out of business. This is consistent with the lack of headlights. I would make a warranty claim just to reserve a headlight when they are back in production. That could take a while and I am sure the prices will probably be higher that before.