Has anyone tried the Ford Racing Pulley Kit?

MRFMAN

GT Owner
May 12, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
I'm looking to do a pulley upgrade. Is the Ford Racing kit a good way to go? Will it void the warranty?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I'm looking to do a pulley upgrade. Is the Ford Racing kit a good way to go? Will it void the warranty?

Yes to both questions. :cheers

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
Are we just talking about the warranty of the engine only?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Are we just talking about the warranty of the engine only?

Pretty much. It wouldn't effect a window lift motor claim for instance... or fixing an A/C plbm... or an electrical sys. pblm, etc. (Anything that's unrelated.)

I DOUBT it'd cause a pblm re: a tranny issue ...but it arguably could since it "ups" the HP.

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
Thanks Pockets, Do you know were Camano Island is? I just bought a 55 Mercury from a gentleman at that address.

John

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Thanks Pockets, Do you know were Camano Island is? I just bought a 55 Mercury from a gentleman at that address.

John

Oh, ya. It's just a bit south of me.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I just ordered the Ford Racing Power Upgrade Package and the Ford Performance Muffler kIt.
Plan to have both installed before Rally III in Las Vegas.
AJB

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I just ordered the Ford Racing Power Upgrade Package and the Ford Performance Muffler kIt.
Plan to have both installed before Rally III in Las Vegas.
AJB

Just can't leave these cars alone, can we? :thumbsup

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
I had planned to not change anything on my car, but the more I read about you guys doing all these 'upgrades', my GT was starting to feel 'deprived'.
I am attempting to keep it 'All Ford" --at least for now.

I do have a call into Ford Racing to try to answer the 'Warranty Question" regarding these changes..
AJB

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Maybe I missed it, but I have not seen any dyno comparisons on the Ford Kit. It would be interesting to see how the AFR looks on the dyno and pulley size comparisons. Other questions would be fan settings ont he ford tune and if they can be programed if not part of the tune itself.

It will also be interesting to see what Ford Racing says about warranty. The EOD# is nice to have for smog as well. But I really doubt a smog tech will be measuring the pulley. Also pretty confident that the other vendors offering these will pass with no issues as well.

I got a chance to watch some dynos, both came back with big numbers and ultra safe AFR, safe to the point there may have been 15-20 left on the table and still very safe. One was a Heffner set up and the other was an early Accufab. Both cars made over 600 RWHP. The cars would idle and drive like stock. Ford really left us a lot of room for growth on these. The fuel system is incredible, allowing for huge HP tuning gains without any modification.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
The fuel system is incredible, allowing for huge HP tuning gains without any modification.

Oh big time ! Name another platform that you can double the WHP without altering the fuel system Kudos Ford / Roush !

We have installed the Ford Racing kit multiple times for local customers. If you have to have a Ford Racing part it is the way to go. However we have tuned GT's with just a pulley with our own tuning and made more power by almost an additional 40rwhp. If you need more information on it please let us know!

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
UPDATE: I am going to stay 'all Ford' for now.

1. I will post what I find out from Ford Racing regarding the warranty concerns.
2. We plan to Dyno the car before any changes (it is 100% stock now ) and then after the Ford Racing Power Upgrade pulley and tune and the Ford Racing Performance Muffler are installed.
I was told same thing ...that I could get more HP with the Ford Pulley and a custom (non-Ford ) tune but I am going to stay all Ford.

I will post data when available.
AJB

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
I went with the Ford Pulley and racing exhaust (Borla). End result was 605 rwhp (sorry no stock numbers). Happy with the results. Sound is great (and is enough for my ears!!) I have an '05 therefore warranty not an issue

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
My car with a Ford racing pulley and ford tune gained around 80 flywheel HP.

I will post graphs of the dyno sheets as I get back home later this week.

Namor

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2008
London, UK
As I'm also in the UK I'm interested who you used for the 'tune'? I've had a Roush pulley installed but no tune to my knowledge. before going the whipple route I'd like to make sure I've optimised my current set up so any tips on UK based tuners is much appreciated.

cheers

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
Namor

I bought the tune together with the pulley from Jack @ MMP (look at the above post, they are a sponsor of the forum).

Roush just loaded the tune. You can see it is quite conservative, but my car was putting out 650HP at the flywheel with a wonderful torque curve (comparable up to 4k to a whippled car).

I am not sure if Jack can sell you just the Ford flash.

Is your pulley the Roush one they used for the Roush RE 600?

In the next 2 weeks there is going to be a "collective" custom dyno tune down here in Surrey. PM me if you'd like more information.

Namor

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2008
London, UK
Sounds interesting. I have no idea which Roush pulley Dave Jones put on I'll find out.
To be honest didn't realise there were different pulley's.

thanks