Has anyone put down an allocation on the new GT yet?

SuperNova

GT Owner
Jul 4, 2013
Ashburn, VA
Reason I ask is that through the grapevine I've heard that a local member of my car community was able to be first in line at a local dealership. I have no other details other than that, and was curious if anyone else had discussions with their local dealers.

topshot

GT Owner
Feb 6, 2012
Metro Detroit, MIchigan
300 +/- cars per year World Wide, 3100 Ford Dealers in the US. 1 in 10 dealers at best will be able to get one... going to be very tuff one to get... especially at MSRP

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Reason I ask is that through the grapevine I've heard that a local member of my car community was able to be first in line at a local dealership. I have no other details other than that, and was curious if anyone else had discussions with their local dealers.

First in line at a dealership that don't know if they will even get one. I walked into my dealer ship in a town of 60k people that i do business with and said i want to be first for a gt350r and GT and they said no problem. Well except for the fact they dont know if they will get either one hahaha

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

Very, very few dealers will ever see this car. Dealers that think that because they got a couple of the last one that they will get the new one are incorrect. Virtually everyone giving a deposit to a dealer right now is giving them an interest free loan on a car that will never materialize.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Very, very few dealers will ever see this car. Dealers that think that because they got a couple of the last one that they will get the new one are incorrect. Virtually everyone giving a deposit to a dealer right now is giving them an interest free loan on a car that will never materialize.

I agree Dave, but you got to admit the fevered enthusiasm to acquire this GT by one and all is nothing but a good thing. Here's to hoping that sometime in the next few years I can swing for the fences.

Vince H

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Ford's info released so far tell dealers they should not be accepting deposits on any of the vehicles announced. If you gave him money be certain that it is held as a refundable deposit.

I'm on a list with the owner of a major dealership. But that is worth the paper it is not written on. As DBK says, even some large dealerships are going to be disappointed.

Also recall that the car is a world car, so some percentage of those 300 or so first year production will be going to Europe, Asia, etc... further reducing the number available here.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Damn...I just put down $25,000.00 at my local dealer who said he is "quite confident from high ranking internal Ford sources " that he will get at least one vehicle...
andy (ajb)

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I have an allocation at my local "buy here pay here" lot. The owner assures me I'll get his first car, plus free window tint and 1 years' worth of payments at Rent A Wheel.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Well, as long as we're sharing, I was able to negotiate the first GT loaner deal with Uber.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Well, as long as we're sharing, I was able to negotiate the first GT loaner deal with Uber.

Lucky bastard. Carry pepper spray. I wouldn't want you to be another Uber horror story.