Has Anyone installed Stillen front splash guards?

Poor Richard

GT Owner
Nov 17, 2012
New Jersey
I Just received a pair of Stillen front splash guards, wanted advice before I install ...don't really like the stainless pan head screws supplied. they recommend double sided tape supplied. (maybe countersinking flush head would look better) Planing to leave them flat black, suggestions?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I didn't like the screws either. I glued them on with RTV. It is removable but a PITA. If I did it again and didn't mind drilling a hole in the lip of the fender I would add a nutsert to the fender and use a countersunk machine screw.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
As I recall the fender and inner liner uses two plastic "push pins" that keep them aligned and together right where the guards go. I removed them, installed the guards with black silicone then re-installed the pins which now go through the guards, fender and inner liner. Very easy to install and no problems going on 5 years now. I do recall using some blue tape to keep the guards in position and at the correct angle until the silicone dried. Don't bother painting them, they are so small combined with the car being low they really aren't noticeable.

Last edited:

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
I put them on when I take long trips or hit the track.

Like Steve I also remove the push screws in the fender lip that hold the liner and use black plastic bolts and nuts from a license plate frame kit. I also use the two sided red tape. That way if the guard catches an edge ( and it has), it pops off by breaking the plastic bolt instead of deforming the fender lip.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Like SteveA did, standard push pins, same holes with black silicone. Having a black car helps as you don't see any silicone....

Last edited:

Poor Richard

GT Owner
Nov 17, 2012
New Jersey
Thanks guys..I'll follow in your foot steps Richard