Has anyone got the paint codes for the Heritage?

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Need the paint codes for the Heritage, both the blue and the orange. Thanks, David. :biggrin

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
It's on the vehicle ID plate at the base of the B pillar.

92NSX

Mar 22, 2006
fjpikul said:
It's on the vehicle ID plate at the base of the B pillar.

Look on the lower left hand corner of that plate.
You'll see the letters 'Ext' and maybe 'Pnt' after that. Just to the right of that will be 2 digits a space and then 2 more digits. That is the code.
On a tutone vehicle, the first 2 are the main color.
HTH

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
how about the paint code for the blue stripe on the white cars?

92NSX

Mar 22, 2006
abolfaz said:
how about the paint code for the blue stripe on the white cars?

centerpunch gives an excellent link there.
Also, like I stated in previous post, the 2nd set of digits are the tutone color code for any vehicle.
HTH

Mad Max

Apr 7, 2006
SE Michigan
The paint code for the Heritage blue is GL, the part number for the small vial of touch up paint is PMP-19500-7138A. The orange I do not see listed. Hope this helps :thumbsup

92NSX

Mar 22, 2006
Gulf GT said:
Need the paint codes for the Heritage, both the blue and the orange. Thanks, David. :biggrin

Did you find the code for the orange? If not PM me with your VIN and I'll check it out. :thumbsup

92NSX

Mar 22, 2006
Alright, someone here was kind enough to PM me their VIN number.
I ran it on FMC dealer website and it only brought up the paint code for the Gulf Blue. I didn't bother calling FMC because touch up paint is a vendor(outside source) part and they wouldn't be able to give me any information on it.
I took the liberty of ordering the bottle of blue to see what actually comes in. Thinking maybe two colors will come since that is the only way you can get that one color is with that special model.
I expect the paint in about a week or so and I'll post again when I get it and what it looks like. If it is only the blue then I'll end up calling FMC and ask them how to proceed.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Nope your going to get one bottle of blue...I can't find the orange and I have a spot that needs touching up....Luckily we have a guy locally that can color match a touchup..going to call him soon to get it fixed.

matt

92NSX

Mar 22, 2006
Got a question for you guys with the Heritage Model. I've been told that the Orange color is actually just an adhesive decal placed on an all Blue car. Can someone confirm that for me.
If that is true then it is understandable why they list TUP for all the colors except that one.

92NSX

Mar 22, 2006
centerpunch,
true wealth of information on these cars. thanks for the solid answer.
i'll proceed.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The orange and blue look really odd when the car is in that unfinished state. When I was up there a week or two ago, there were dozens of heritage cars being built. The paint looks very matte initially, but when it's done being sprayed and hand rubbed, it's amazing...

92NSX

Mar 22, 2006
I just got word back from FMC today.
Ford DOES NOT supply touch up paint for the 'Epic Orange'.
I can provide any of the codes for the different paint manufacturers.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
427Aggie said:
Nope your going to get one bottle of blue...I can't find the orange and I have a spot that needs touching up....Luckily we have a guy locally that can color match a touchup..going to call him soon to get it fixed.

matt

Home Depot color matches. I think exterior latex will work fine under 220MPH.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I would like to suggest high gloss. It seems to wash up better than the flat and eggshell.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
You guys give up on Krylon and Rustoleum??? :ack

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
KJD said:
You guys give up on Krylon and Rustoleum??? :ack

I don't know why primer grey has not been mentioned. Ford GT Rat Rod. :eek

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I'll confirm too, the Orange is paint. The white and black are stickers.