Happy Thanksgiving! Update on Joe's GT

QKSTNG514

Mar 8, 2006
Orange Park FL
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and especially Joe, who helped make this our best year yet!!

To thank him we added a little shot to it that was still residing in the trunk!

Results!!!

Without the Sumpin, Sumpin it made 1243RWHP and 1110TQ then....

1453RWHP 1250TQ!!!!

http://www.bullseyetechnology.net/turbogt1400.pdf

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

TonY G

Last edited:

cudacharlie

Dec 21, 2005
SoCal
Good God, man, that is positively RI-DONK-U-LOUS!!!!

... amazing work!

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Me thinks there may be a new king of the Hayabusas Hill. Long live Joe!

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Can anyone here translate Joe's new power numbers into reasonably accurate potential 1/4 mile time/speed?

jj1987

Jun 9, 2006
Is it fast? :lol

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Holy cow !
Tony, congratulations ! Too bad Joe is not bringing his GT with him, when he comes to our part of Europe next month..... :willy
How long will the car be able to bear this !? Or after two runs, you need to take it apart and rebuilt.. ??

Kind of hard to believe that you guys blow this thing into hyperspace without problems and a company like Volkswagen had such a hard time to reach 1001 DIN hp for the Bugatti...

stefan

piko6

GT Owner
Oct 5, 2005
i think i found new wheels and tires to go with new power (twice as sticky than hoosier power).. that is next along with a bit bigger turbos

i dont think we will have to rebuild the engine at all stefan since this is indeed american IRON.. heheh

Volkswagen i guess didnt have the phone number for tony (hp perf) or dwight( STAGE 6)

just hope tranny holds up.....

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
BIG Numbers

Tony and Crew- all I can say is WOW!

Was the last shot a bit of Wild Turkey? After all, it is Thanksgiving.

Desi

GT Owner
Jan 30, 2006
Germany
SLF360 said:
Holy cow !
Kind of hard to believe that you guys blow this thing into hyperspace without problems and a company like Volkswagen had such a hard time to reach 1001 DIN hp for the Bugatti...

stefan

Well, they announced to launch an unpimped roadster Veyron (GTX1 style, 16cyl. 8 liter, 4 turbo charger) with 1200 hp soon and for a bargin of 1.9million US$ :eek... !

Desi

Attachments

• bug.jpg
    bug.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 773
Last edited:

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
piko6 said:
i dont think we will have to rebuild the engine at all stefan since this is indeed american IRON.. heheh

More American aluminium, HEHEHEY Buddy ! :lol

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
PL510*Jeff said:
Tony and Crew- all I can say is WOW!

Was the last shot a bit of Wild Turkey? After all, it is Thanksgiving.
No, NOS.. Thanks for giving .. :wink

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
congrats to all involved :cheers
would love to see some fresh video when you get some. :willy

Red Rocket

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2006
Pacific North West
IMHO, the Veyron exemplifies everything that is wrong about the pursuit of King of the Hill status - it is a bloated jelly bean which looks bad from every angle and costs almost as much as Jerry's garage. Especially that ugly roadster version - ouch, where are my sunglasses!!??

On the other hand, Joe's car illustrates everything good about going for "Top of the Heap" -

(1) Joes' GT is beautiful to look at
(2) the horsepower is generated by good 'ole knowhow, much like the way Shelby (and Holman & Moody) built the original GT40's and whupped everybody, and
(3) it has cost appreciably less. In other words, a more efficient use of capital & brains.

It would be nice to stack a Veyron against Joe's car just to prove a point, although it's really not necessary. There is no contest. You Florida guys rule. Hats off to you! :bow :usa :usa

Desi

GT Owner
Jan 30, 2006
Germany
Red Rocket said:
IMHO, the Veyron exemplifies everything that is wrong about the pursuit of King of the Hill status - it is a bloated jelly bean which looks bad from every angle and costs almost as much as Jerry's garage. Especially that ugly roadster version - ouch, where are my sunglasses!!??

On the other hand, Joe's car illustrates everything good about going for "Top of the Heap" -

(1) Joes' GT is beautiful to look at
(2) the horsepower is generated by good 'ole knowhow, much like the way Shelby (and Holman & Moody) built the original GT40's and whupped everybody, and
(3) it has cost appreciably less. In other words, a more efficient use of capital & brains.

It would be nice to stack a Veyron against Joe's car just to prove a point, although it's really not necessary. There is no contest. You Florida guys rule. Hats off to you! :bow :usa :usa

Well said :thumbsup
just thought how many GT's and GTX1' nes one could buy for such a dead designed Veyron roadster...
Desi

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
amazing numbers, am anxious to learn about the new wheel and tire combo.
Happy Thanksgiving to all.
God Bless America,
daniel :usa :usa :usa

Red Rocket

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2006
Pacific North West
As I look across the new posts page, I see that Bony has the most recent post on every one of them (except one) - that has to be some kind of record!

Red Rocket

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2006
Pacific North West
no point - just an observation which I thought was good on you. why do you have turn a positive into a negative?

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Hell yeah !

632C2

GT Owner
Oct 23, 2006
Puyallup, WA
Absolutely incredible!! I wonder how long it will take to get the ear to ear grin off your face?!

How you are able to tune this thing without breaking something is a real testimony. Cripes, what's kind of power will this thing record next? If this isn't king of the hill territory, I would like to know what is.

Steve

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
What engine management and turbos you running now Stage 6?