Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
moved to half shaft thread

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Question. Should I allow the GT guys to do the accufab bolt fix or take it back to a dealer?????

Thanks.

Seriously ............... what dealer ?:confused

bob700

Jul 13, 2007
I don't think Ford has released their newest fix so you may have to wait awhile. The Accufab bolt kits are first rate and the outer six bolts are reusable with the Accufab kit. The GT guys are first rate. I'm not sure about your dealer , you'll have to make that call...

My preference would be to wait for the Official Ford Fix that we were told was coming this fall from Ford. It would be dissapointing to me if Ford did not follow through.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I didn't wait and bought and installed the Accufab bolts! Previously I paid the GT Guys to install the newer Ford parts. I know of a case where the bolts failed, followed by transaxle oil igniting on the cats during a open track event. I didn't want to take the risk of my car burning up while waiting for an official Ford solution.

bob700

Jul 13, 2007
I didn't wait and bought and installed the Accufab bolts! Previously I paid the GT Guys to install the newer Ford parts. I know of a case where the bolts failed, followed by transaxle oil igniting on the cats during a open track event. I didn't want to take the risk of my car burning up while waiting for an official Ford solution.

My understanding is that the new and improved parts that are supposed to be coming from Ford along with the letter have not been released yet. Except for a change to washers, heated treated vs not heat treated, what you replaced were most likely the same parts you had that failed.
I am a little reluctent to replace parts that have not been approved by Ford especially where we have been
told that the "Ford improved and approved" parts are coming soon.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
My understanding is that the new and improved parts that are supposed to be coming from Ford along with the letter have not been released yet. Except for a change to washers, heated treated vs not heat treated, what you replaced were most likely the same parts you had that failed.
I am a little reluctent to replace parts that have not been approved by Ford especially where we have been
told that the "Ford improved and approved" parts are coming soon.

Yes, my 1st replacment were little better than the originals, but my 2nd replacement parts are from Accufab which I believe and hope are better. Waiting for Ford is not an option for me given the history the problem.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Helcat-
Please "allow" the GT Guys to ANYTHING to your car. They are absolutely first rate and know the FGT better than anyone. Given the option of having them working on my car or the dealer is not really even a question. If you are paying the bill they can probably save you money as they can do things so quickly because of their experience. See other posts about a clutch change out.

I am watching my mailbox for a letter out very soon.

bob700

Jul 13, 2007
Helcat-
Please "allow" the GT Guys to ANYTHING to your car. They are absolutely first rate and know the FGT better than anyone. Given the option of having them working on my car or the dealer is not really even a question. If you are paying the bill they can probably save you money as they can do things so quickly because of their experience. See other posts about a clutch change out.

I am watching my mailbox for a letter out very soon.

Indy Gt: Do you have factual reason to beleive a letter from Ford will be arriving "very soon" in your mailbox or is it just wishful thinking??

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Forum members were told at the 'Forum Rally in SoCal that Ford's fix would be available sometime in the Fall. At that time, no specific date cast in stone was indicated. But, we fully expect the kit will be released very shortly based on what was said. :cheers

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Did the accufab bolts .... never looked back or thought about it since.

I do not think anyone has ever had a failure with the accufab kit. Have they?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
None have been reported.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
From what I have read from other posts on this forum, Pockets doesn't have to worry about the axle bolts failures, even the stock bolts will last him a lifetime!

:rofl:lol:rofl

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
From what I have read from other posts on this forum, Pockets doesn't have to worry about the axle bolts failures, even the stock bolts will last him a lifetime!

Yeeeeeeewww mizzerbull... :mad :bang

H

HHGT

Forum members were told at the 'Forum Rally in SoCal that Ford's fix would be available sometime in the Fall. At that time, no specific date cast in stone was indicated. But, we fully expect the kit will be released very shortly based on what was said. :cheers

Well Fall officially ends on December 22nd @ 6:07 a.m. Needless to say I am really looking forward for a nice Xmas gift from Ford.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id

Damn! Thats gonna leave a mark! LOL!

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
No Reprieve for Pockets....

Unfortunately BLACKICE, Pockets is not out-of-the-woods by just not driving his car!

As he pushes it around in his garage he may one day hear some bolt heads tinkling around in the CV cup. The bolt failure is not load, speed, temperature or mileage dependent.... It just happens due to the electroplate surface treatment which was applied to the bolts during processing.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Hey Bill, sent you a PM

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I hesitate to even say this, but everything is done. They just aren't going to send the letters until every dealer has immediate access to the parts. Just a matter of getting letters to customers, and parts available to dealers.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Thanks Dave, that what my little birdie told me as well.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Hopefully the letter and detail will be posted here - if not, may I ask that it is? I'm not on any Ford mailing list so won't get to see this detail. Thanks... N

Status
Not open for further replies.