GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
Great article. Thank you for sharing.

Reactions: Johntpr

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Hard to take them seriously after the lame “valuation” video they put out last year. Gave my high miles car a good serious run yesterday…..probably should have toned it down some as it reminded me the new tires aren’t broken in yet.

Funny that Hagerty went all out praising the garage art cars….I feel sorry for those owners who might never enjoy what I did yesterday.

Reactions: fjpikul

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Likewise. Yesterday I put on almost 500 (s)miles. I drove up to Seattle to play with Puget Sound Ferrari chapter guys (they invite other supercar brands for the driving events), then drove home last night.

jammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2016
Is the valuation difference between the 2006 and 2005 as much as the Hagerty graph shows? I thought the difference between the two model years was nearly negligible.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
There isn't any. The difference in price is entirely due to mileage and condition. The Heritage paint scheme does get substantially more money, which skews the sale prices for the 06 cars if averaged all together.

jammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2016
There isn't any. The difference in price is entirely due to mileage and condition. The Heritage paint scheme does get substantially more money, which skews the sale prices for the 06 cars if averaged all together.
That's what I thought but the graph shows notable difference between 2005 and 2006 in the same condition.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Statistical noise. Would you pay thousands more for an 06 in the exact condition and color as an 05?

Neither would I.

jammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2016
Statistical noise. Would you pay thousands more for an 06 in the exact condition and color as an 05?

Neither would I.
Of course no. It was more than a small anomaly. Both graphs for no. 1 and no. 2 cars were substantially higher for 2006 models, hence my question. Looks like they have removed it now. Probably an error on their part.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
As noted above, they must have included the Heritage cars, which are substantially higher.

jammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2016
As noted above, they must have included the Heritage cars, which are substantially higher.
The Heritage data was presented on a different graph identified as such.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
They screwed up something in that comparison. That's the only reason they would have removed or changed the web site.