hagerstown ford deal gone bad very unhappy

dan

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2006
Well I have given up on Hagerstown Ford doing the right thing and am naming names.
I bought the car, had my hauler haul it in an enclosed 2 car hauler.

He got there, the car was FILTHY. When he asked about the dirt they said it is raining and we went to get gas.

The car gets here covered with little scratches. I called and was told "The car was handled with white kid gloves" while it was here so it must be your hauler. He left MD at 5 pm and got to me at 2 am. I am surprised he had time to stop and eat. His boss does not allow the trucks to travel more than 55 and has GPS on each. 1 time over 55 and you loss your job.

I am pissed and I ALWAYS get even.

If you live in the Hagerstown MD area and are considerign any of the King auto sales dealerships My advice is to beware.

If you know of anyone else who was SCREWED have them email me.

dan

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
Dan,
So you took delivery afterall? Did the scratches come/buff out?

dan

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2006
According to them I own the car no matter what. There was no offer to help pay for repairs. I tried to send the car back the same day and was "sorry that is not an option" When I asked what my options were I was told " you have none" and have nice day. click

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Questions,
1. did you buy delvd at your door step?
2. did you hire the transporter?
3. was there a manifest that described the condition of the car at the loading point?
4. did you take exceptions on the manifest reporting the car scratched?
5. where you aware the car was hauled on an open trailer?
6. how was the car lashed down, as per Ford's details

7. slamming the dealer out of the box might not be the way to resolve this matter, my 3 cents....

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
They have 30 days to repair your vehicle. they have 4 chances to do it.

Here is the lemon law in your state:

http://www.oag.state.md.us/Consumer/lemon.htm

If they still refuse to help you, contact the Attorney general. Trust me, they have to take it back.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Its silly to get even......get one or two better that makes sense. Getting even is a waste of time.

Dave

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
I believe the law in most states (certainly in Georgia and Florida where I have residences) is that you have 3 days to return the car NO QUESTIONS ASKED and the dealer has to take it back.

This of course assuming the car is in substantially the same condition it was in on delivery.

Eric

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
EasyEric said:
I believe the law in most states (certainly in Georgia and Florida where I have residences) is that you have 3 days to return the car NO QUESTIONS ASKED and the dealer has to take it back.

This of course assuming the car is in substantially the same condition it was in on delivery.

Eric

The 3 day rule only applies to items you bought from someone who came to you, usually at your home, like a vacuum cleaner. When you go to a car dealership, and I assume buying over the phone is the same, the state assumes that you have initiated the purchase and once you sign the application for title and bill of sale, the car is yours. Buyers remorse is not a factor and the dealer has no obligation to let you out of the sale. Your only hope at this point is the lemon law but that's pretty slim.

I'd contact Ford direct and explain the problem. They can put pressure on the dealer to make it right.

This is one of the pitfalls of buying a car long distance and unseen. :thumbsdow

dan

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2006
The dealer claims to not have a hauler for starters.

Then they held off my hauler for a day to pickup the car. Amazingly it was raining the next day. When he got there he had to do his inspection in the rain and when he commented on the dirt he was told they took it for fuel.

The trailer was a 2 car enclosed. The car in the front was picked up first and also brought here; my car was in the rear. They never left the trailer. There is no way he would have had time.

There are also way too many small scratches to claim he did it. Some had wax in them and dirt over them. Go figure.

Being a car enthusiast, dealer and a general contractor gets me reading allot of lists like this one. I think I have already cost them 3 sales on super duty trucks. 2 I am pretty sure of and 1 I am really sure of. All I have to do is tell the truth and show the pictures. No one wants to run that risk on a 30K purchase.

At the end of day I will continue to "spread the word" until that is right is done. I have sent the car to get buffed out and I will pay the bill. Per my attorneys request I used a body shop that I do not do business with.

Do the right thing all the time; you get repeat customers and good referrals.

Do the wrong thing once and people do not stop talking

I have registered the normal ...sucks.com domains and will go live with that in next week or two.

I would never slam another dealer unless I knew they were at fault and trying to push the blame.

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Man do I feel lucky. I bought my car sight unseen from Jim Doyle Ford in Kenmore (Buffalo) NY - both the car and the deal were 100%. Rich's Classic transported the car to my home and again 100%. Some dealers are just jerks and deserve to be slapped around; not that that would change their slimy behavior I might add.

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Dan did you read my previous post?

dan

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2006
I looked at it and talked to a number of people about it

1st I am not in Maryland second I need to bring the car back to the original dealer if I can prove the damage was there before the trucker got there.

It looks like I am going after the trucker or eating the damage.

thank you for the info

dan

dan

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2006
I used Reliable once and I thought they did a great job. I would assume that whoever you have haul it is going to have a small claims dept if any. Claims are so few and far between in that business you do not really need someone.

just my thoughts and I have dealt with probably 20 haulers, never a problem

dan

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
MDT said:
Reliable delivered my car with two stone chips that were not there when the car was dropped off. Their claim department consisted of a guy who wouldn't answer his phone or return calls. I'm not upset about the 400 bucks, but the fact that I have to repaint that panel. Not so reliable....

I have shipped probably 100 or more cars between the east and west coast. In every case, (with a major co. or not) the driver pulls out a form and begins to fill out the condition of the car before it is even loaded into the transporter. On many occasions, I have watched what these drivers list. At times, they even list dirt. Also they would list any buffing marks, or resedue from any sort of compound material on the paint, or in the jams. Having said this, where is the inspection report from the transport co.?
I know that being a monday morning quarter back is an easy chore, but buying a car, especially of this caliber, without any personal inspection is absolutely nuts. I got burned on e-bay a long time ago for 10 grand by bying a car without an inspection...cheap lesson to be learned...I dont care if the car is in Europe... I will inspect it before buying, and after payment, I usually remove the car to a location of my own choosing before transport pick up.....

I suggest getting in touch with someone at the customer service department of Ford. Make them help you.....let them know that you are a Ford buyer...you know smoose them.... you get more with honey than with salt... Good luck with this unfortunate circumstance....

Gino

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
red gt 1442 said:
I have shipped probably 100 or more cars between the east and west coast. In every case, (with a major co. or not) the driver pulls out a form and begins to fill out the condition of the car before it is even loaded into the transporter. On many occasions, I have watched what these drivers list. At times, they even list dirt. Also they would list any buffing marks, or resedue from any sort of compound material on the paint, or in the jams. Having said this, where is the inspection report from the transport co.?
I know that being a monday morning quarter back is an easy chore, but buying a car, especially of this caliber, without any personal inspection is absolutely nuts. I got burned on e-bay a long time ago for 10 grand by bying a car without an inspection...cheap lesson to be learned...I dont care if the car is in Europe... I will inspect it before buying, and after payment, I usually remove the car to a location of my own choosing before transport pick up.....

I suggest getting in touch with someone at the customer service department of Ford. Make them help you.....let them know that you are a Ford buyer...you know smoose them.... you get more with honey than with salt... Good luck with this unfortunate circumstance....

Gino

same here, when we loaded our GT's for the rally the preloading inspection took more than one hour for two cars, Lacey found marks we never knew exisited (speaking for myself and not awsum). Sounds like the trucker is at fault. I have moved at least 50 cars without issue and only move with the top enclosed carriers.