Gymkhana 8 - Ken Block w/ 2017 Focus RS & 2017 Red GT

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I alway enjoy Ken Block's videos.

Ed

[video=youtube;_hf6ke1-i3E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hf6ke1-i3E&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Cobraguy

GT Owner
As each new video shows up I'm left wondering.....""how many different authorities have to sign-off to make that happen?" Block truly is a creative wizard behind the wheel.....kinda reminds me of Bonnie's description of her ride with Mark at RX!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
That was great. Love the drag race.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Where does one begin?
"Please hoon responsibly."
The cheetah. Hysterical.
The various supercar "police cars." Unbelievable.
I'm sure Ford had some uptight moments with the red GT inches away from a controlled slide.
Was that a new Focus RS in the blue just after the GT?
Is his transmission on sequentially up or down?
I think Mr. Block has a screw loose, & the leap from the chopper proves it.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
If that wasn't the best one, it sure is close. Amazing. How about the concentration by the raptor driver. Also notice closely how many of the shots were the 1st take (no prior skid marks). And on the 747, car wont fit under the engines, so the constraints are even tighter that it looks. Lastly at the beginning, I bet hitting the sand across the road hurt!

With the Red GT, we know when this was shot, around the time of the Dubai auto show, which was just after SEMA if I recall.

So Imagine the initial planning, everyone sits down at the conference table, "you want to do WHAT?"

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Very cool. Still Like #7 better...

[video=youtube;5qanlirrRWs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qanlirrRWs[/video]

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Of the 11 supercar police cars, what are they?
Jaguar?
MB SLS
Audi R8
BMW I8
?
MB G Wagon
Mac 12C
?
Ferrari 599

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
Bad Ass..........always enjoy these

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Superb. Just shows Ford's commitment to connect with the entire range of auto enthusiast. Block is a nut . . . . in a good way.

Vince H

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
So where is an AWD Fiesta to be found?

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
Here is the quick link to the video on youtube which allows full screen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hf6ke1-i3E

GT101

*UK Support*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 20, 2010
Colchester, Essex, UK

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Well, hopefully the Focus RS's will be 2016 models..... if they ever manage to get production ramped up after some delays the past 3 weeks or so.....

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Im not a big youtube guy, so I had never looked to see if youtube was on Roku, sure enough, it is (as I expected), so watched this again last night, but at 75" diagonal. Then watched 3 others, will watch the remaining 4 tonight. So far this is still my favorite.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Im not a big youtube guy, so I had never looked to see if youtube was on Roku, sure enough, it is (as I expected), so watched this again last night, but at 75" diagonal. Then watched 3 others, will watch the remaining 4 tonight. So far this is still my favorite.

Very disappointed in you Mr. AV. YouTube and Vimeo streamed to the big TV is the best way to watch car stuff.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Yeah, and so is the Comcast remote. I am also VERY guilty of the "shoemakers kids are barefoot"

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten

:lol

[video=youtube;N52M3TN9KDo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N52M3TN9KDo[/video]