Guys that screw it up for the rest of us..

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Here is video of the very intelligent Cobra driver doing a burnout near pedestrians while leaving the Irvine, CA Ford PAG design center. Listen near the end of the audio, one guy says, "He almost got us."

There are signs all over to dissuade this behavior. Ford was gracious enough to host it at their facility after the Crystal Cove folks put a stop to the event because of noise and potential problems caused by knuckleheads like this.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QpLqCxa4ee0

You will note that Dennis' GT sounds pretty sweet!

OCPETE

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Killer Dana, CA
Agreed...Idiots like that will eventually either kill someone or this outstanding event itself.

Nice Accufab sound Dennis :thumbsup

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
'Lotza H.P. ... ZERO brain power. 'Dangerous combo.

'Agree, Pete. There's been more than one car event "killed" by this kind stupidity.

Last edited:

dgussin1

Jul 6, 2006
Chicago, Il
that guy wasnt doing a burnout...didn't even look/sound WOT, I think the back end just came around and he lost control.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
I highly doubt he will try that again after that ego shattering result.:lol I also don't think he was doing a burnout, BUT he did gun it a little too much.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
The Cobra driver probably got caught up in the excitement. Adrenaline, inmaturity and inexperience can be a dangerous combination. The Cobra was accelerating when his front wheels were turned, when the back end got loose he showed his inexperience by taking his foot off the accelerator and/or braking to complete the weight shift to the front and insure the uncontroilable spin out. What i found most interesting, he was too embarrassed to get out and see if any damage was done. Instead, he just drove off. Be thankful this guy has never been next to you on the street, and be conscious that there are many like him out there.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
The Cobra driver probably got caught up in the excitement. Adrenaline, inmaturity and inexperience can be a dangerous combination. The Cobra was accelerating when his front wheels were turned, when the back end got loose he showed his inexperience by taking his foot off the accelerator and/or braking to complete the weight shift to the front and insure the uncontroilable spin out. What i found most interesting, he was too embarrassed to get out and see if any damage was done. Instead, he just drove off. Be thankful this guy has never been next to you on the street, and be conscious that there are many like him out there.

kirby nailed it... a.h.

rrobello

Dec 21, 2006
I was there when this happened, the guy wasnt really traveling that fast (not trying to make any excuse for him, because there is none and he was speeding, it just wasnt at crazy speeds) just adding to the info as to what happened. It seemed like for some reason that he just had no control over it at all as it never started to make the turn, just drove straight into the curb. He did stop, he just got it off the grass first. He stopped right there on the road, he was ok, car had damage but nothing that couldnt be fixed. The closer call was my friend and his gf who were walking in the exact location just seconds prior to him losing it. You can see them at about 21-22 secs on that vid, the guy in black and girl in white. Thank god that they, nor anyone else was in the way when he hit.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I looks like he was going relatively strait and gased it when the rear broke loose, then he lost control and on to the grass. It is a good thing those curbs are rounded. I think this is a similar thing that happens to the many of low mileage GTs that have been crashed.

Last edited:

Jones

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2007
Orange County, CA
Getting caught up in the excitement is very accurate. Leaving out of there multiple times, I have had the mob of people egging me on to burn out or take off WOT.

Omega_man

GT Owner 2005 #248
Mar 19, 2007
S. Florida
that guy wasnt doing a burnout...didn't even look/sound WOT, I think the back end just came around and he lost control.

Agreed. Looks like "cold" tire syndrome. Easy to do with a car like that with NO weight in the back end. Def not even near WOT!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
... I have had the mob of people egging me on to burn out or take off WOT.

'Had a guy at an intersection here in town ask me to, "...floor it 'n' lemme see what it'll do! I'LL PAY YOUR TICKET!"

Ya. Right, Billy Bob. I have every confidence you would judging by the, "I love beer", t-shirt yur a-wearin'... and your "Buck Fush" (true) bumper sticker on yur rear bumper. :bored

The shallow end of the gene pool could use some heavy chlorine.

Kave

GT Owner
Nov 13, 2006
It didnt even look like he was going that fast, then he hit second and it all went sideways. I guess those cars are hard to control. Atleast the guy on the bicycle was nice enough to go and pick some of the pieces, for him.

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
It didnt even look like he was going that fast, then he hit second and it all went sideways. I guess those cars are hard to control. Atleast the guy on the bicycle was nice enough to go and pick some of the pieces, for him.

The guy on the bicycle could have gotten hit, a pedestrian can take a step or two sideways to avoid a hit, him being on a bicycle was just a sitting duck. People need to make some "Idiots crashed here" signs and stick them where people have crashed or spinned out.

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
That is a real goofy slide. I have never seen one like that.

It seamed that the rear should have stepped out to the right. not the left.
The throttle lift theory seams to be a possibility, but it did not look or sound like he was in it. Makes me wonder if he used armor all on the thread of the tire or the diff is a spool, locked up, etc. If he used the brakes it did no good either.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Very simple, driver error, small brain, big right foot. Morons like this get events canceled. What do you think the executives will say who allow the event to take place on their site? Trust me, if an accident happens, they
will be included in any litigation.