Gun Newbie

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Some things to consider

Long guns (rifles, shotguns) are great firepower but can be awkward in confined spaces such as halls and doorways. Also long guns are fairly easy for an intruder to grab at close range, and the long barrel gives a bad guy plenty of leverage to take the gun away and use against you.

Handguns are handy indoors and can be easily concealed almost anywhere in the house. It is the easiest of all guns to retain in a hand to hand struggle and can be fired from either hand if necessary.

Semi auto pistols can jam. Jams can be hard to clear in a panic situation. Also semi auto pistols use spring fed magazines. Loaded magazines with compressed springs sitting for long periods of time can lose some of their tension and then lack the pressure to reliably feed cartridges causing a jam.

Double action revolvers are very reliable, simple to operate and easy to shoot. They work every time the trigger is pulled, period. They don’t jam. If you come to a bad round simply pull the trigger again and you’re going again. And they are easy to reload.

But whatever you choose become familiar with it and be safe.

"Long guns (rifles, shotguns) are great firepower but can be awkward in confined spaces such as halls and doorways."

That's why the 18" models are preferable!

"Also long guns are fairly easy for an intruder to grab at close range, and the long barrel gives a bad guy plenty of leverage to take the gun away and use against you."

That's exactly why the 18" models are preferable for home defense!:biggrin And you should have already "reached out and touched" the perp with 00 buck before he ever got close enough to play Hulk Hogan. Besides, would YOU wanna charge someone who's pointing the 'bidness' end of a scatter gun atcha?

I use to think exactly the same way you do re: revolvers. 'Carried a 5 shot S/W stub nose .38 for years for JUST the reasons you stated.

Then one day (with some arm twisting from a 'Forum member who's name shall never cross my lips...uh, keyboard :biggrin :lol) I got to thinking... hmmmmmmmm...5 shots and I MAY hafta reload...how long - even with a speed loader - will THAT take? And what's likely to happen during the time I'm fumbling around DOING that? WHEREAS a semi-auto holds over DOUBLE the rounds (in a side-by-side mag) in the 1st place AND is a SNAP to reload with another mag if needed. There just 'ain't' any "fumbling around" involved. In addition, the semi-autos will spit out rounds FASTER than a revolver. And the modern day semi-autos just don't jam like the older units did on occasion either - when one USES GOOD AMMO and keeps 'em clean, etc. And I found out the springs used in modern mags DO keep their tension (that was a concern of mine as well). Plus the new trigger and "grip" safeties make a semi-auto "idiot" proof to carry - even with "one in the pipe" - and if there's one thing Pockets needs it's "idiot proof"!!!. (I also like the "hammerless" feature on the particular .45 I carry. It uses a "striker". So one can practice the draw, aim, and "dry fire" drill countless times w/o damaging the firing mechanism.)

So anyway, I "converted". And I've noticed I actually do feel more comfortable about carrying the .45 that I ever did packing a revolver. 'Never thought that would EVER be the case!

'Sorry for rambling. I'll shuddup now... :willy

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Gentlemen,

Headshots are the hardest first shot and should not EVER be the point of aim with a pistol at ANY RANGE. A well placed upper torso shot (think between the collar bones here) even with body armor is going to bring a person down due to the blunt force trauma in a very sensitive area. Also if your shot goes high IT WILL BE A FATAL SHOT. A low shot gives you a rising second shot due to recoil. Always and I mean ALWAYS take the higher probability shot over the hollywood shot.

Also, while it seems sporting to announce yourself coming down the hall. NEVER do it until you have your target in sights and have confirmed that perp does not have a cover man or second perp in waiting. According to FBI statistics "ambush robbery" is on the rise in the US and announcing your position only gives it away and makes you a target.

CQB (close quarters battle) done correctly is fast, violent, and controlled. Always engage only when you know you have the advantage in atleast one area. Surprise, overwhelming force, or position. It is also like playing pool ... its a game of angles. taking the best shot while giving your oponent the least favorable angle to return fire.

Gulf, great advice about the dog. Just got a Belgian Malinois myself and he is truly fun... a lot of work ... but also a lot of fun.

My aim was only a point of reference, and to be more accurate it was actually at the very top of his torso at the lower neck knowing that I would have to decide where to shoot based on his movement. What I was pointing at was only a "frame of reference", clearly that would change if he tried anything. If he had moved down and turned no question body shot, which was my best guess at his attempt to turn and fire. In the distance (20 yards) was my other possible problem and that was the golf course which was slightly elevated from my position. We could not see on the dark golf course if he had an accomplice. This was also the reason for my aim, I wanted to cover both options, and I wanted him off the property. I only followed to the point that he provided cover, and then stopped, and then yelled at my wife to shut the lights off to give me cover. I could hear him running off into the distance on the golf course after he jumped the fence.

It wasn't being "sporting" to tell him I was coming. When I announced I was coming he was starting to force the door open, and at that point he turned around and began to leave when heard me yelling. That was the intention for the announcement and from what I saw from his movement, behavior, etc. on the cameras at the moment that was what I felt all he needed to back off. I had to stop him from entering the side door to the house right into my daughter's bedroom, and that was the reason for the announcement. If he were actually well into the house wandering around, I would have been silent. If he had continued on, I would have encountered him with one foot in the door and one out facing me. It was that quick and I was that close (next room over). There were also two ways into the room from my side and both doors were open, he did not know the inside layout of the house, that was obvious from the way he approached then house and acted. Trust me I had him. My biggest problem was not shooting when I came around and followed him out the door.

My wife was watching him on the cameras and we all up on the screen and she could see the entire house through 6 cameras. While I was following down the side of the house she was calling out telling me the yard was clear, the yard was clear. This is because before I went to that side of the house I told her to scream out clear or to warn me if there was someone else I had to worry about in front of him or behind me. Yes, I was more vulnerable out of the house, but with my wife watching, I felt it was more important to keep my eyes on him until I knew that he was gone. I have thousands of rounds of practice, grew up in Texas, etc. I grew up in a “country” family with guns all my life. I am the best shot in my extended family, I don’t miss from that distance in practice, and I would not have missed even a “head shot” at that range if I had to take it. Like I said, I was not shaky, I had an eerie calm and everything seemed to happen very slowly when I was in the moment. It was only later that I freaked out when thinking about what had happened and how close we came to disaster. My wife was great, she remained calm till it was over also, and she did a great job of following instructions and improvising when necessary.

And yes, my I play with my dog all the time. They are very very smart and have a sense of humor. He acts like a big puppy with me. My dog is like a robot, he does what I tell him to do, very easy to be around, except when he's playing...

Last edited:

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
And yes, my I play with my dog all the time. They are very very smart and have a sense of humor. He acts like a big puppy with me. My dog is like a robot, he does what I tell him to do, very easy to be around, except when he's playing...

:lol:lol As I started reading your post mine "reminded" me that we have not played this morning by climbing into my lap between the laptop and torso! 62 lbs of lap dog. :biggrin He's very young (less than 6 months) and still in training but truly a joy .... truly a joy. We started bite training and honestly watching him "hit" the training dummy is a bit unnerving. He hits it with the force of a NFL linebacker at full speed. Releases upon command and comes trotting back tail wagging like its the biggest fun since breakfast time. You can tell he's a puppy but still one of the best choices I've made in my life.

Thanks for your play by play of the incident. I hope others read it and think. Your point of aim was right on. inverted T and aiming at center bottom. The only thing that I would say would go against every bit of training I ever received was likely caused by the state in which you reside. "Never give a "sucker" an even break". Meaning in superior position fire and drop them. But then again that is the difference between military training and LEO/Home defense. In that world a dead opponent with none of yours injured is a good day ... in the modern world ... its a lawsuit or worse. :bored

I've had two home entry situations. Both I did NOT fire in (contrary to popular belief that I shoot first and then sort out the bodies) Both twerps where caught in the position of compromise and given the choice to surrender (or die). Both chose wisely. One was climbing in my bedroom window in Palm Springs (three days after I left the corps) and was met by Marine who placed a .45 1911 against said twerps temple. (right next to my bed what a moron)

The second was in Florida climbing in my doggie door. He was met by growling dog and owner with MP5 aiming at upper torso while he tried to wiggle his way through a midsized doggie door. The Local LEO's where thankful for my outdoor shower as the situation litterally scared the shit out of him! Funny how a man standing on your neck with an MP5 aimed at your chest will do that to you. :lol

Both cases ... career crooks that the cops knew... by first name! (jeez and I thought it was bad cuz all of them know me by my cars)

BTW. for all of those interested. Several members called or PM'd saying that Remington 870's where hard as hell to find on the shelf. After a bit of thinking and a few phone calls. Bass Pro Shops in Springfield Mo. has them the 870 Express (parkerized barrel with laminated stock) for 309.00. You can have them shipped to your local FFL for a 25.00 fee. Just call 417 887-7334 ask for the "fine gun shop" and they will arrange it all.

(record clearing statement ... I am in no way associated with BPS and have no interest in such what so ever.)

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
What is most disturbing about GulfGT's situation, is his (legitimate) concern for being hauled into court for defending his own residence. One would think that the LAW would notice that the home invader was wearing full body armour. This wasn't some clown who got overzealous in trying to boost a car out of a closed garage. He had some serious $h!t in mind when he entered the home, and he came dressed/prepared for the worst.
GulfGT, I feel really bad that you had to go through this harrowing situation. I'm glad for your sake that you didn't have to shoot the guy. On the other hand, considering he probably hasn't changed his modus operandi, the world would probably be a better place if you had...

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
It's a shame you have received so little feedback on this note Sam. I guess nobody's interested in this subject. :lol

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
:lol:lol As I started reading your post mine "reminded" me that we have not played this morning by climbing into my lap between the laptop and torso! 62 lbs of lap dog. :biggrin He's very young (less than 6 months) and still in training but truly a joy .... truly a joy. We started bite training and honestly watching him "hit" the training dummy is a bit unnerving. He hits it with the force of a NFL linebacker at full speed. Releases upon command and comes trotting back tail wagging like its the biggest fun since breakfast time. You can tell he's a puppy but still one of the best choices I've made in my life.

You're going to continue to love it. My wife doesn't like to watch because they beat the dog to make sure he doesn't come off the bite, but other than that it's fun, the dogs love biting bad guys, even if it's play acting. An FBI agent recognized my dog in 2 minutes one day in the office (he goes to work with me everyday), he said "that's an imported trained Schutzhund III from Germany isn't he". He said the hard core criminals know what they are. They may not know the ranking, but they know their big trouble because if the way the dog behaves and acts. He said they can go to a hard core gang banger house in South Central L.A., and call out SWAT and a house full of AK47 armed perps still won't give up. But the minute they show up with a pair of these dogs, the guns go out the window. These dogs are violent. The first guy that came to work our dog quit after the first session because he almost broke his arm through the padding. I've seen my dog lifted in the air and slammed against the wall while on bite, and he still didn't let go. He just got pissed off and yanked the sleeve off the guys arm, and then spit it out on the floor in front of him.

I'll say it again, get a trained dog, make sure it's a german shepherd or belgian malinois. You will never have to worry about your wife and kids again. It's way better to get a pretrained dog, 2-3 years old, he will still love you in 1 month. But if you want to do it yourself, get a puppy and do it, but it's a big committment and a lot of work, however lots of guys like the bonding with the dog through the training.

Last edited:

ftmyersgt

GT Owner
Jan 1, 2007
Ft. Myers, Fl
Big Dog

I got my shepard from Canine Protection Int'l. Couldn't be more pleased.

www.protectiondogs.com

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
I went the puppy route as my trainer recommended. mostly due to the fact that my son lives mostly with his mother and only here on weekends and half the summer. A fully trained dog seemed less likely to be social to him in that situation where a puppy is more forgiving. My son will be here in the summer and will be on the lead during training sessions.

The funniest thing is we've been training him in mixed languages. So have been learning some pocket German, Italian, French and then English. Your right about robots when "on". You point to a spot on the ground (when he has to go) and say "shizen" and he does it right on that spot. Too funny!!!

The only problem that as a puppy he still thinks he's small the other day he came running down the hall and jumped into my stomach (I caught him) saying he wanted to "play" :lol Goes with me everywhere ..... always on left side, six inches off leg and only enters a door first on command. Loves to watch out the window when we drive down the street.....

Im rambling.... :lol Heres a photo of the ride on the way home.

Attachments

• IMG_0274.jpg
    IMG_0274.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 82

MG 42

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2006
"Long guns (rifles, shotguns) are great firepower but can be awkward in confined spaces such as halls and doorways."

That's why the 18" models are preferable!

"Also long guns are fairly easy for an intruder to grab at close range, and the long barrel gives a bad guy plenty of leverage to take the gun away and use against you."

That's exactly why the 18" models are preferable for home defense!:biggrin And you should have already "reached out and touched" the perp with 00 buck before he ever got close enough to play Hulk Hogan. Besides, would YOU wanna charge someone who's pointing the 'bidness' end of a scatter gun atcha?

I use to think exactly the same way you do re: revolvers. 'Carried a 5 shot S/W stub nose .38 for years for JUST the reasons you stated.

Then one day (with some arm twisting from a 'Forum member who's name shall never cross my lips...uh, keyboard :biggrin :lol) I got to thinking... hmmmmmmmm...5 shots and I MAY hafta reload...how long - even with a speed loader - will THAT take? And what's likely to happen during the time I'm fumbling around DOING that? WHEREAS a semi-auto holds over DOUBLE the rounds (in a side-by-side mag) in the 1st place AND is a SNAP to reload with another mag if needed. There just 'ain't' any "fumbling around" involved. In addition, the semi-autos will spit out rounds FASTER than a revolver. And the modern day semi-autos just don't jam like the older units did on occasion either - when one USES GOOD AMMO and keeps 'em clean, etc. And I found out the springs used in modern mags DO keep their tension (that was a concern of mine as well). Plus the new trigger and "grip" safeties make a semi-auto "idiot" proof to carry - even with "one in the pipe" - and if there's one thing Pockets needs it's "idiot proof"!!!. (I also like the "hammerless" feature on the particular .45 I carry. It uses a "striker". So one can practice the draw, aim, and "dry fire" drill countless times w/o damaging the firing mechanism.)

So anyway, I "converted". And I've noticed I actually do feel more comfortable about carrying the .45 that I ever did packing a revolver. 'Never thought that would EVER be the case!

I hear what you’re saying EP, all valid points. I only bring this up because no one else has. I still think revolvers are a good choice for the casual inexperienced person for home defense. You hope it would not take more than 5 or 6 rounds to get the job done. If you run through 10-12 rounds and need to pop in a fresh magazine you are in a very bad situation. However I can only imagine the feeling of unloading 5-6 rounds and needing just one or two more and not having them.

This is where training, practice, familiarity and practice to build confidence are essential when using semi auto pistols (with any firearm really but especially with semi auto pistols). It should be second nature to operate without having to think about it. In an emergency your thoughts should be consumed with the big picture and not focused on how to operate a particular firearm.

And nothing compares to the stopping power of a shot gun. But shotguns should be shouldered and aimed to be most effective. Hip shots are not recommended. This makes them a potential problem inside of a building compared with handguns. I hear people say they use a shotgun as fist line of defense with hand gun as back up but the average (non firearm enthusiast) homeowner looking for home defense will only purchase one firearm (and probably won’t practice with it as often as they should). For them a revolver is more than adequate and a good choice. The simplicity of a revolver should not be overlooked.

I understand and I’m in tune with the sentiment offered by forum members here. There is no substitute for dispatching a threat quickly with overwhelming power and with certainty. There is nothing good about leaving a threat with potential to do additional harm. You have to assume the worst of an intruder’s intent and state of mind.

Thank god I have never found myself in a situation such as Gulf GT and hope I never will. They are unpredictable and can spiral out of control quickly. His ended as well as can be expected. It’s disturbing to know some of these guys are wearing BP vests.

All points of view and experiences offered here are very good.

But most importantly BE SAFE. The point of firearms as self defense is to preserve you and your loved ones lives.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Bass Pro Shops in Springfield Mo. has them the 870 Express (parkerized barrel with laminated stock) for 309.00. You can have them shipped to your local FFL for a 25.00 fee. Just call 417 887-7334 ask for the "fine gun shop" and they will arrange it all.

Ya...but they don't have an 18" barrel 870 anywhere in the place...:bored:bored:bored

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Gentlemen,

the first reason for a shotgun is for the sound it makes racking a shell. Thats the largest reason. It says .... "laydown, give up and you MAY live." Length of barrels is moot. If you need a tighter configuration get a collapsible stock... or a FN TPS. Truly it is better to have a longer barrel and a shorter stock than vice versa. why? two words Muzzle velocity. The round needs x amount of time in the barrel to acheive maximum velocity and efficency is limited in a shorter barrel. easy to conceal but not worth a crap after x feet.

Revolvers come down to sight alignment and sight picture just as a semiauto pistol does. small bullet misses big target very easy where lots of small bullets flying pattern hits big target MANY times.

One can train to shoot a shotgun in the pocket of ones arm very easily and quickly. actually this method is the first method I teach to a small person (woman) as the recoil is greatly reduced and with arms extended its easier to handle. visual shots and meaningful hits are easily done after first few rounds of experience and every shot there after.

This debate is similar to pulley & tune vs. whipple vs TT. Each has a purpose and everyone has an opinion and favorite. As for Sam ... my recommendation stands with shotgun ... and a caveat that maybe a good dog is also.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I am planning on buying a hand gun or possibly a rifle or both. I have never owned a gun but shot a handful of times in my life time. Main purpose is home protection for the new home, but, I have some questions with the following considerations;

1) If I am attacked in my house, I will take a life without hesitation.
2) I have spoken to a few law enforcement friends and they have advised me on what to do inside vs. outside the house.
3) The wife may use it, but she will not take a life - at least that is what she tells me.
4) Concerned about bullets traveling through walls, in the event....
5) Should I take the whole family to the range? Boys are 13 & 10 but very mature for their age.
6) I do not understand how keeping a gun in a safe will provide protection during an emergency - the house is large and having to mess with a combination seems stupid when the time arises.
7) Should I keep multiple arms in various locations? And where should the ammo be?
Finally...
8) What type of hand gun or rifle. Maintenance?

Sam,

If you continue to ponder the questions posed in your post, send me a PM. As a former cop, firearms instructor and collector of tactical weapons, I can give you some insight. I'd be happy to counsel you.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
"I still think revolvers are a good choice for the casual inexperienced person for home defense." - MG 42.

It would pbly all boil down to what many have stated here - what one is comfortable with. But, a "casual, inexperienced" person - in the strictest sense - probably by shouldn't attempt to confront a perp in the 1st place...who ALSO may be armed...and who MAY be more than just casually familiar with HIS firearm. :ack (But, even with that said, in the final analysis it probably WOULD be preferable to leaving one's "fate" 100% up to the scumbag!)

"You hope it would not take more than 5 or 6 rounds to get the job done. If you run through 10-12 rounds and need to pop in a fresh magazine you are in a very bad situation." - MG 42.

'Certainly very true in a "home defense" situation to be sure, huh!!! :lol I mentioned the reload, etc, simply to point out the possible "needs"/"concerns" one might face in whatever situation may arise anywhere...at home...in the car...in a restaurant...walking down the street...one perp...two...three, etc.

I think most would agree the likelyhood that the AVERAGE GUY will ever find himself in any situation where he'd even NEED a gun is fairly(?) remote. But, as the saying goes: I'd rather have a gun & not need it than need one and not have it. My own view is if a person's gunna HAVE one, it ought to be one that will give ya the best odds of getting the darn job done no matter what. :cheers

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
OK. Here is my "secret sauce". This is my favorite carry and general home defense gun. Smith & Wesson model 640 357 magnum. Hammerless so no chance of catching something (hand or thumb in a rush) in the hammer to stop the firing, and less mechanism to worry about so you won’t catch on your clothing or holster when pulling out. It’s a small gun, but not too small, fits in lots of places easily, feels good in your hand. There is no safety, just point and shoot, no worries about "is the safety on"? I had two made, one for me and one for my wife. Both guns were sent to Jack Wiegand (1999 Gunsmith of the Year) for trigger work (very smooth, just the perfect amount of feel and pressure), and porting on the top of the barrel to cut the recoil down to a minimum (problem with standard 357 mag) making it much easier to keep the gun down on the target for successive shots. Pachmayer rubber grips for excellent grip feel under any circumstances, sweaty, rain, etc. Glazer prefragmented bullets for stopping power but will not penetrate a wall or bounce off with lethal force, won’t kill your kids or neighbors but will shred the insides apart of the body cavity unlike any other type of bullet. Added benefit, 38 special bullets fit and are great for everyday practice (cheaper than 357, less wear and tear on your body during practice). Also, with my wife, she has it loaded with the 38 special Glazer bullets to make it easier for her to handle under stress. Since both guns are exactly the same, either of us can pick them up or fire them on quick notice. There you have it.

Attachments

• IMG_2365.JPG
    IMG_2365.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2366.JPG
    IMG_2366.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2367.JPG
    IMG_2367.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2368.JPG
    IMG_2368.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Funny story. On my very first date with the woman that was to become the love of my life and my wife, we were sitting in her car talking after having dinner. I looked down and there was a 9mm bullet on the floorboard. I picked it up and asked her about it. She then reached behind the seat and pulled out a 9mm Beretta just as smooth as silk like it was an everyday occurrence. This is a woman that was a model for Seagram’s, etc., beautiful, graceful, never would I have thought she was that cool. I was smitten on the spot.

H

HHGT

Well guys, I got more than I had bargained for - thank you very much. All in all, if I plan on taking over a 3rd world country, I will call my GT brothers and sisters.

One of the Dad's at the kid's school works for a gun shop, I will be visiting with him next week. I spoke to him today and he told me that inventory is so low, that cops can't even buy stuff.

My next question is as follows; should I stay away from used inventory? I live in CA, should I buy out of state? NV or AZ?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I don't like .357 in a stub nose, too much muzzle blast and flash for in home use, if you have a CCW then it makes sense. I have a ported longslide 1911 that is a real pussycat when shot will standard 45 acp. Not a carry gun but easily used around the home. For more punch it can be loaded with 45 supers, but that is over kill for defense use, and slows follow up shots if needed. As for the shotguns in the home. Unless necessary, no one should be walking around looking for the bad guy, but instead you shouldn't be is a covered concealed location, with the gun trained on where the threat may come from. (a shotgun is ideal) Call 911 and hope that you don't have to fire. Trying to clear the home by yourself is a risky endeavor! Of course someone with a wife and kids may not have the luxury of sitting put in a safe location.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Personally, I would only buy new, unless you personally know the former owner and his use and care of the it. IMHO, not something I want to risk malfunctioning due to having been misused in the past. As most dealers will ship to an FFL in your town, you should be able to find something. Several forum members here might be able to steer you in the right direction.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
My next question is as follows; should I stay away from used inventory? I live in CA, should I buy out of state? NV or AZ?

In CA only CA approved handguns can be purchased new and out of state guns must meet all CA laws and requirements and must be shipped 1st to a CA FFL holder before you can take possession.

I believe that person to person transfers of used guns already in the state through a CA FFL don't need to meet all CA laws and requirements.

Welcome to CA the land where gun owners are considered crazy and have few rights, but trannies are the normal and have more rights than the average person!

Why fight it, buy a BMW instead of a gun and enjoy the CA life!

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
All in all, if I plan on taking over a 3rd world country, I will call my GT brothers and sisters.

:rofl:rofl:rofl Lemme know if you need ammo for it! My best friend has an inventory that could easily supply 2 or 3 South American revolutions at once!

My next question is as follows; should I stay away from used inventory?

IMHO - yes. Unless you know the person who owned it B4 (as jax' said). But, that's just a personal view/prejudice on my part. (But, I suppose a "PPI":lol by a gunsmith could substitute for that! :biggrin)