gt's in ma.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Was wondering if anyone knows how many gt's in mass.? And is there a Northeast or New England region of the ford gt club? Would enjoy meeting other gt owners from my region.

M

Mark O

I'm here in Walpole....the town, not the prison. :biggrin

05redrich

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
MA
The registry shows 7, but you two (Mark O rocketman) and are not in the registry so that makes 9. I am out in Upton and still driving around this year (8k miles so far) if any one is up for a drive.

http://registry.fordgtforum.com/statelist.cfm?state=MA&Search=Submit+Query

-- correction roketmanro is in the registry (I assume this is roketman)

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I am on the south shore, drove mine yesterday, can't be many days left.......

Welcome!

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
Im out on the tip of cape cod

I have a speed yellow and a wipple powered black monster,I just know of andy in duxbury.There is just no good roads I have alot of friends that i went
to school with that are cops and troopers.Its nice when you have the badge
with you.I love showing them what real speed is its fun.

ETW

GT Owner
Jan 16, 2006
Blue/white here near Boston. We should all get together sometime

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
I'm here in Walpole....the town, not the prison. :biggrin

Now that was funny...........:lol :lol :lol :rofl

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I say a spring time meet. lets repost come spring.If the weather holds ,I'm game before than.
Marko ,glad to hear is not the prison!I'm not to far from the concord prison.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I saw a red gt near Alwife in cambridge on route 2 heading east about a month ago at 7am,is this anyone we know?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
There was a beautiful Tungsten GT in Vermont but I took it home to Florida!! :biggrin

M

Mark O

There was a beautiful Tungsten GT in Vermont but I took it home to Florida!! :biggrin

...and most likely, it had to pass through MA on it's way to the sunshine state, otherwise known as God's waiting room. :biggrin

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
service

can anyone recommend a good dealer for service in ma.?

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
I saw a red gt near Alwife in cambridge on route 2 heading east about a month ago at 7am,is this anyone we know?

This was probably me. I live in Lexington and just stored my car for the winter. I'd be up for a drive in the spring.

Rob

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
can anyone recommend a good dealer for service in ma.?

There is a tread on this which you may want to search. There seems to be a very good GT savvy Ford dealer south of Providence RI. However, given the significant distance from Boston, I was interested in trying to find a single Ford dealer in the Boston area who would commit to providing proper and ongoing GT training for a tech(s) in return for several GT owners commiting to having our cars serviced at this dealership. There seemed to be little interest in this at the time. I'd like to revisit this if there is interest now.

Rob

05redrich

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
MA
Two things:

Gierkink - did you store your car at a commercial facility or just at your house? I might need a place latter this year to store mine.

As for dealer work I would be concerned about getting a dealer ship interested in performance. Tasca is interested and seems to have been for many years. They worked with Ford on getting the Cobra Jet Mustangs out in 68. So they seem to really understand this stuff and are committed. The commitment is a big thing, it should mean that they respect the cars for what they are and treat them accordingly. I am sure we could find some place ‘closer’ to Boston to get a tech who is into it and would do a good job, but if the dealership is not into on all levels corners will get cut. I would say stick with Tasca, give them more business which will encourage them to do even more. Its about 50 miles from the pike and 128, so far, but not that far.

Tasca Performance Center - http://www.tasca.com/ou/cranston-ford-lincoln-mercury-mazda/console.do?page=s_performance

scylla6

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2006
I'm in nw Ct, have an all black GT. Love to get together some time. Lime Rock park is right here and always a good place.
On another note if anyone need car storage I've got a new garage I'm just finishing up now. Heated, lighted etc.
Tom
email; scylla66@yahoo.com

bugsy

GT Owner
Jul 19, 2006
I have a silver with black stripes in Bridgewater MA and would be interested in getting together for rally/meet this spring.

bugsy

GT Owner
Jul 19, 2006
Tasca ford in Cranston R.I. is where I have serviced mine. They know what they're doing. I've been very happy with their service.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
lets all hook up come spring. we could crash (no pun intended )a pca event!

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
GTs in MA

I'm in Dover ... '06 #1790 white with blue stripes and the other options. Covered and tucked away in my warm shop 'til Spring. How about a run to the Cape this Spring? That should land us all in Walpole ... the prison, not the town! Fred