GTB HInges by Genaddi Design Group now available

Genaddi

Permanent Vacation
Jul 14, 2006
Green Bay, WI
20 GTB Hinge sets are now available for purchase through Genaddi Design Group.

We just received a shipment and they are going fast. To order or for more information visit us at www.GTBdoor.com or call us directly at 920-242-6735 or 920-242-9156.

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
A saw these on a GT locally...Very solid pieces :thumbsup

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Great stuff guys.

Please take it from someone who has gone bonkers with customizations.

This is the one true , must have , add on. it really makes it so much easier to get in and out of the car at all sorts of events. No more 4 foot clearance when you park. PARK ANYWHERE NO WORRIES, easier than a regular car.

Here are some pics of the one I got (along with bumper delete, something else Genaddi does very well).

FGT_01.jpg

FGT_02.jpg

FGT_03.jpg

FGT_04.jpg

Random_bad_ass_GT_pic.jpg

Last edited:

tblackj

GT Owner
Oct 15, 2007
How involved is the installation? I don't know anyone around here that could do that.

jdoc7

GT Owner #1872
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 7, 2007
Central, Illinois
How involved is the installation? I don't know anyone around here that could do that.

Ditto

tblackj

GT Owner
Oct 15, 2007
After looking at the website, it appears pretty involved. Like maybe something they do at their shop in Wisconsin...

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
I found some more information in this thread:

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5786&page=4

Aug 25, 2006

The GTB door system; stunning and very functional and yet as has been discussed before; the system is not for all however all that have the GTB door system have no regrets.

The thread that Jason was kind enough to share has great information including much information that I shared as the result of the system when we installed it on my gal.

I have 2 gals that have been in the "Q" waiting for this final version to be completed and now will soon have their GTB door system installed.

I will gladly answer any questions with regards to the process.

All the best

Shadowman

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I love my door system but am a little disappointed with the final fit and finish and the fact that my door speaker stopped working on the drivers side of the car. I now have to make arrangements with someone to remove the under wheel cover and check for loose connections. We did find it is not the speaker. It may not be the door install that is to blame but seems strange that it happened not long after the door install.

Aug 25, 2006
I love my door system but am a little disappointed with the final fit and finish and the fact that my door speaker stopped working on the drivers side of the car. I now have to make arrangements with someone to remove the under wheel cover and check for loose connections. We did find it is not the speaker. It may not be the door install that is to blame but seems strange that it happened not long after the door install.

First of all I remain available should there be anything I can do; I know the distance between us can be awkward and yet I wanted to extend my hand.

Now as for the conversion; I likely should not go into this again because if folks take the time to read the thread as linked in this thread you will see that I make clear that the conversion is wonderful and IMO adds both character and convenience "HOWEVER" and I cannot state this strongly enough; it is a lengthy process that in the end is only as good and the finish work as the hinge system is simply a mechanical component that when on the bench looks and operates perfectly every time.

The process of getting everything aligned and fitting properly in the end becomes IMO a labor of love and is a direct reflection of the person that completes the process; IMO. Now having said this since these gals are all hand assembled the variances between them can be extreme when it comes to how the doors open and close but in the end incremental tweaking can be done to all of them making the operations and the line even crisper. The mechanical process to complete the conversion takes approximately 40 hours and then add to this the unknown amount of time it will take while patiently massaging her until the GTB door conversion becomes invisible until such time as a door is opened and then the emotional magic begins. For the owner of the gal is enjoyed from the moment this process begins and for those looking on you can see their eyes get big and their jaws drop and it is the last thing that they expected.

Lastly; as you know I was given the opportunity to visit with your gal a bit while you were at the SoCal Rally and she looked and sounded wonderful and yet I understand your frustration at this time.

All the best

Shadowman

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Anyone know the current part/labor expectation for this wonderful piece?

Initially, I was leaning toward staying a purist, but parking circumstances have changed where I could really use the easier ingress at both work and home parking spaces.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
...and it might just get you on a calendar!! :thumbsup

I'm jealous as hell! :wink

Great stuff guys.

This is the one true , must have , add on. it really makes it so much easier to get in and out of the car at all sorts of events. No more 4 foot clearance when you park. PARK ANYWHERE NO WORRIES, easier than a regular car.

Here are some pics of the one I got (along with bumper delete, something else Genaddi does very well).

FGT_01.jpg

FGT_02.jpg

FGT_03.jpg

FGT_04.jpg

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Guess I will have to find the Markster is SEMA.
Only guy doing my install is SHADOWMAN, full stop.

Aug 25, 2006
Anyone know the current part/labor expectation for this wonderful piece?

Initially, I was leaning toward staying a purist, but parking circumstances have changed where I could really use the easier ingress at both work and home parking spaces.

and yes I do

I hope that you and your family are doing very well; I think about you often as the very cool radio controlled GT model that you brought me earlier in the year remains on a shelf in front of me; in fact I am looking at her as I type this.

Call and chat anytime

All the best

Shadowman

Aug 25, 2006
Guess I will have to find the Markster is SEMA.
Only guy doing my install is SHADOWMAN, full stop.

Thank you Bony

BTW I just heard from Mark and he said that the chaos has begun as the booth with the associated displays are being put into position

Have a great time there

All the best

Shadowman

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
Great stuff guys.

FGT_01.jpg

FGT_02.jpg

FGT_03.jpg

FGT_04.jpg

Everytime you post, I spend a quiet moment or two lingering on the pics of your two GT's. With these full-size photos, I must say that they are absolutely magnificent machines. Every aspect of each is simply remarkable. Thank you for the eye candy.
And someday, I hope to screw up the courage, time and funds to ask Shadowman for his assistance in the door conversion.
Ahhh, to dream...

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
And someday, I hope to screw up the courage, time and funds to ask Shadowman for his assistance in the door conversion.
Ahhh, to dream...

Yes, you are right on target. PM Shadowman if you want to do the door conversion! It sure beats shipping the car to WI. Shadowman is in N. CA!

:thumbsup

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
and yes I do

I hope that you and your family are doing very well; I think about you often as the very cool radio controlled GT model that you brought me earlier in the year remains on a shelf in front of me; in fact I am looking at her as I type this.

Call and chat anytime

All the best

Shadowman

Thanks much Bill, I enjoyed the time spent with you and the GT Guys. I hope to thoroughly investigate the doors in person at the SEMA show on Friday, the morning after the big Ford GT dinner...It's kind of a dream for me, so I waffle back and forth on whether to convert. And of course the product expense and installation logistics...Seems to provide a solid functional and aesthetic benefit though.

I am wondering how your beautiful Nitro R/C is doing. I bet that is a blast!

Aug 25, 2006
Thanks much Bill, I enjoyed the time spent with you and the GT Guys. I hope to thoroughly investigate the doors in person at the SEMA show on Friday, the morning after the big Ford GT dinner...It's kind of a dream for me, so I waffle back and forth on whether to convert. And of course the product expense and installation logistics...Seems to provide a solid functional and aesthetic benefit though.

I am wondering how your beautiful Nitro R/C is doing. I bet that is a blast!

Hi Syco

Have a great at SEMA and with the many friends there.

As for the GTB door conversion; my only comment (other than I would never go back) is that in the end it is IMO all about the details as the mechanical portion of the system is very well defined.

All the best with your quest and if I can do anything for you; answers questions etc. just let me know

Takes care

Shadowman

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Is it typically a 1 or 2 day installation?