GT500 Super Snake

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Got my Super Snake number yesterday; CSM07SS0505. Conversion should take place later this year.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
CONGRATS! :thumbsup :cheers

'Have any idea what the total build time is currently?

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
CONGRATS! :thumbsup :cheers

'Have any idea what the total build time is currently?

Hi Larry, nope - SAI is so backed up with all the special models being produced. No big deal though, I didn't want the car jacked up for a couple of months in the middle of the car show/cruz'n season. I might have tried to get a KR but I'm an orange guy - and a red guy when it comes to the GT!

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
Got my Super Snake number yesterday; CSM07SS0505. Conversion should take place later this year.

KMCBOSS,

I have been on the list with number 81... is your number 505?

Waiting on their call.... not ready for me yet, but might get mine in next week due to a movie that the car is going to be in April, as the principal car.

Gino

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
KMCBOSS,

Waiting on their call.... not ready for me yet, but might get mine in next week due to a movie that the car is going to be in April, as the principal car.

Gino

Gino, yes mine is number 505. I heard the first 10 have been called but I don't think any have been started yet. Looks like it will be a good long time until they get tome. Ed

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
KMCBOSS,

Gino

Gino,

So just wondering, will this be a talkie (considering the strike)? :wink

Kelvin

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Mine is already there #45. One of the first 10 convertibles they called in. Car has been there since Jan 2nd.. They just completed my 40th. Anniversary it arrived at the same time.

All the best...
Rick

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
Gino,

So just wondering, will this be a talkie (considering the strike)? :wink

Kelvin

Kelvin,

We have our fingers crosses that the strike will be over any day now. I'll have to remember that (2 funny) when I speak to the director next week.

(i'm still laughing)

Gino

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Gino, As I understand the holdup on the Supersnakes production is the Drive shafts for the conversion SS. Stock driveshafts on the 500's are Alluminum and are two piece and won't hold up to the increased torque and HP. Shelby has the new designed drive shafts coming in. We've replaced numerous original shafts as they twist off like a beer can!. Tomy Hamon

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
Mine is already there #45. One of the first 10 convertibles they called in. Car has been there since Jan 2nd.. They just completed my 40th. Anniversary it arrived at the same time.

All the best...
Rick

WTG Rick.... Congrats...with many happy smiles with your SS........

Gino

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
Mine is an 08 coupe and my number is 122. I was told it would be done around mid summer. They said that they will be converting 07 and 08's together and not in order.

I was on the Birthday run from the Peterson to Vegas and Patric Dempsey (McDreamy) got to drive the only on street SS. He flew by me at over 150 (so fast that one of the side window scoops flew off and almost hit my car!).

The car sounds amazing....I can't wait. I order the 720 + HP car!!!!

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
I heard two customer Super Snakes were finished yesterday. The train is rolling again!

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Will you be able to convert a convertible into a super snake?
What is the upgrade price for standard upgrade and the 700+ HP?

I have my finger on the trigger and it is starting to twitch:willy

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington

Yes

27K for the 605HP (standard) version
31 - 33K for the 725HP version

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Yes

27K for the 605HP (standard) version
31 - 33K for the 725HP version

Thanks for the info Boss:cheers

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA

Verts are only upgradable to the 600hp version. Sorry! Something about frame strength?

Jan A. Byrd

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
Percy IL
I own a 06 GT so my wife purchased a grabber orange GT500 about six months ago in which we promptly send in the $10K for a Super Snake conversion down payment. Our number is 110 and I was told this week by one of the staff members that our car would probably be called in late summer or fall this year. In the beginner we figured it would be done this winter but that isn't going to happen. We don't care to wait and I understand they have their hands full with the anniversary cars and etc.
My wife has a rear lic plate frame on the car that says Shelby Super Snake and her plates read ( I EAT GT ). I don't car because I know she won't put her foot into it anyway. Not putting her foot into it is probably a good thing because 725hp in a Mustang is crazy and could be dangerous. If you want to see one of these cars in action go to you-tube and search Shelby Super Snake. This is a clip that one of the major magazine put together recently, I believe it was road and track if I'm not mistaking.
HPIM0369.jpg

Last edited:

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
My Super Snake number is 505 so I'll be lucky to git er done by the end of the year. The Shelby is my wife's car also and when we first started talking Super Snake I suggested the 605 HP version and she said NO WAY DUDE! we're going 725!

Jan A. Byrd

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
Percy IL
I think my wife Marsha got tired of people always talking about his GT and never taking in consideration she is part owner also. She works hard too and I can understand but I have no control over what people say, usually they don't mean anything anyway. She has always been a Mustang and Ford fan so we thought she really needed a new GT500 she could call her own.
I really think reasoning behind the 725hp version was so she could say her car was faster than mine. Who cares about waiving the warrantie we don't plan to race or abuse it anyway. I guess everyone has their story and reasoning behind spending so much money on a Mustang. I not wealthy but am thankfull for what we are able to own. We also own a 95 Cobra R and a 70 Boss 429 but these late model cars will blow them away. J Byrd.
08GOSuperSnake.jpg
IMG_3817.jpg

Last edited: