GT350R Rear Seat Retrofit

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
My brother noticed this and sent it to me. I'd prefer to have an R (first you have to find one and actually acquire it!), but I'd still like to have the rear seat if possible :

http://www.svtperformance.com/wp-co.../Shelby-GT350R-Rear-Seat-Kit-Instructions.pdf

http://www.svtperformance.com/2015/11/11/new-product-shelby-gt350r-rear-seat-kit/#more-23979

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
That sure makes it easy, I had thought about adding seats to our older R's, but never focused on it. An easy kit is interesting.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Hell, I was thinking of getting rid of the front passenger seat when I get my GT350R!

Ed

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
And we designed our 2015 Mustang GT/GT350/GT350R Roll Bar Kit to work with or without the rear seat....

Driver3.jpg

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Hell, I was thinking of getting rid of the front passenger seat when I get my GT350R!

Ed

:lol :lol

I'm always amazed at how tastes differ.

Rarely did I think anyone actually used a Mustang rear seat, let alone desire to add one.

Guess that's what keeps things interesting.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
I want an R. I have 6 kids total. Always have to run more than 1 around! Glad Ford designed it!!

Wait.. I've got 6 kids...no budget for the R!! I guess I could buy the back seat!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Exactly, 2 kids here. Well ours don't really fit back there any more, so help is on the horizon soon. The older one gets his license, in a year

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
Guess I could at least get the role bar now, looks like might be looking at spring to get the R.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
If I'm stuck with a base 350, my rear seat is for sale or trade for the seat delete filler.

Also, my resonators. Rear spoiler for sale or trade for R wing.

Not going to miss the CF wheels except for how much I could have sold them for.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Ford did this because of "customer demand?" Us customers are demanding a car we can't even get. Not asking for a back seat. Back seat in an R? Seriously?

Some things I will never understand. :confused

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The back seat in any Mustang is there so they can claim it. But it's useful only to strap a child seat in. In my normal driving seat position there was inadequate leg room to sit. Even Spirit Airlines planes had more leg room.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Marketing identified A/C as a 'want', thus the option t add back A/C. Would a rear seat ('retrofit') be that far off?

-- or --

Reclassifies vehicle as a four passenger vehicle, better CAFE fit?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Guess people that don't get why, either don't have kids or they have grown up. I very seriously looked at putting a seat into our 00R, but too many pieces parts to figure out. Write a check, and you have a matching piece? DONE.

How would that be certified, vs an "aftermarket" modification?

Reclassifies vehicle as a four passenger vehicle, better CAFE fit?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Doesn't adding all the pieces, to bring it back to a GT-350, defeat the purpose of buying a GT-350R. I guess it's just for bragging rights, and not for the intended purpose of the "R." All it does is dilute the number of real "Rs" that will be produced.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Doesn't adding all the pieces, to bring it back to a GT-350, defeat the purpose of buying a GT-350R. I guess it's just for bragging rights, and not for the intended purpose of the "R." All it does is dilute the number of real "Rs" that will be produced.

Pretty much after you add those things and the back seat the only difference between the regular and R cars is the carbon fiber wheels (and the engine and suspension programming)

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
How would that be certified, vs an "aftermarket" modification?

Anything that goes out the door from the factory and it shows on the Monroney - is "certified" as such. Whether it is installed at the factory - or not - as in your front spoiler on your 2000R, when it was new, it was shipped 'separate' for dealer install.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
The seat can come right back out. Also dont forget you can get an R with out radio and AC. Likely not many built that way, but thats the one I want.

Yes, correct on the 00, cant remember what regulation it didn't pass, something to do with pedestrian impact, or something like that. "separate" is defined as inside the car. If I recall Boss 302 LS were the same.

Anything that goes out the door from the factory and it shows on the Monroney - is "certified" as such. Whether it is installed at the factory - or not - as in your front spoiler on your 2000R, when it was new, it was shipped 'separate' for dealer install.

REDEEMED

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 10, 2008
Rumor has it Ed also intends to remove the driver side seat! Hey, weight savins' is weight savins'.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California

Ed

Heidi is going to be bummed! Haha!