• _MG_0426-007.jpg
    _MG_0426-007.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 380

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Went to Houston's biggest Ford dealer yesterday (they also claim to sell more Mustangs than any other dealership in the USA), and asked about when the GT350R will be coming in. They had zero information on pricing or timing, but said I can put my name on a list. They were 100% certain that they'd be putting BIG mark-ups on the car when it does arrive tho'. "there's lots of people like you Mr Rowan that want to be first on the block," I told them I don't mind them making the big-ass profit they get from selling at list, but wasn't interested in paying a premium.

Pilot

May 1, 2013
What will the list/base price be when it comes out? I'd say look at the list price of a 2013 Boss 302R and add 10-20%.

(Before the the dealer mark-up.)

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
What will the list price be when it comes out? I'd say look at the list price of a 2013 Boss 302R and add 10-15%.

GT350 pricing has been out for some time. Search will find it.

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
Just got off the phone with Jesse at Katy Ford and he said he is allocated 4 "R" versions for the 2016 model year. Yes they are at a big premium now. A nicely equipped version with the AC/Nav option, car cover, gas guzzler tax, destination fees, probably a dealer fee and you're right around $68,000 MSRP before sales tax and registration I believe.

Went to Houston's biggest Ford dealer yesterday (they also claim to sell more Mustangs than any other dealership in the USA), and asked about when the GT350R will be coming in. They had zero information on pricing or timing, but said I can put my name on a list. They were 100% certain that they'd be putting BIG mark-ups on the car when it does arrive tho'. "there's lots of people like you Mr Rowan that want to be first on the block," I told them I don't mind them making the big-ass profit they get from selling at list, but wasn't interested in paying a premium.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
$68K before the $25K ADM, right?

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
That is correct. I want the triple yellow without stripes and that's what it came out to be adding up the options and I assumed the usual $1,000 dealer fee to help them pay their light bills and advertising. They just dropped the ADM by $5,000 on the "R" listed on Ebay.

$68K before the $25K ADM, right?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Our GT350R is getting built this week. Schweet.

Would be great to have it by the Rally but not getting my hopes up.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Gingerman?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Extremely unlikely it escapes by that date. Better than asteroid destroying earth this week, but not much

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Be good if there for the rally. Push some buttons.

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
Our GT350R is getting built this week. Schweet.

Would be great to have it by the Rally but not getting my hopes up.

What color did you decide on? I really like the Avalanche but that color won't suit the taste of the masses though.

on d bit

Jul 20, 2008
maricopa az
Extremely unlikely it escapes by that date. Better than asteroid destroying earth this week, but not much

Same company/dealer that had your 13 GT500 locked up for 3 weeks in their yard? Haha

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
What color did you decide on? I really like the Avalanche but that color won't suit the taste of the masses though.

You know I like Avalanche, but I just feel like it's slightly too light, and it looks better on the base GT350 with the base wheels (which are definitely better looking than the CF wheels, IMO). If it was more like that Stealth color they sell the Euro Focus ST in, that would have been it. Went white, no stripes, black roof. May throw on some graphics if it looks too sterile.

Same company/dealer that had your 13 GT500 locked up for 3 weeks in their yard? Haha

It's just being built so early that I think it's inevitable it's held for at least 45 days. Wouldn't be surprised if it was longer, as they do all the launch QC checks.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Having seen the CF wheels up close, I know I'll never warm up to them. Seems like an instant take off item for easy future sale when other guys chunk them. The car needs some proper silver alloys... as the 350R-Cs were wearing. ;)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
R wheel isn't super hot looking, but it's a massive performance advantage. Definitely keeping them.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN

Damn.....
Although a 5.0 would do equally (almost) well.
NCM was VERY technical (like MMP). Uggggg
But fun!:biggrin

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Having seen the CF wheels up close, I know I'll never warm up to them. Seems like an instant take off item for easy future sale when other guys chunk them.

Just wait until I get mine. You know you're going to be jealous, considering how you always try to be like me.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...You know you're going to be jealous, considering how you always try to be like me.

:thumbsup

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Just wait until I get mine. You know you're going to be jealous, considering how you always try to be like me.

Not going to happen. Besides, if it did, it would be envy not jealousy. While I appreciate the tech leap, I'm never going to need it. The CF wheels just don't look good. Just like you prefer the GT base wheels over the option wheels. That weight penalty is a killer, right? Costs you a lot of time in the Pinellas County traffic light sprints.

Sinovac lives somewhere in the middle of this, where CF wheels are going to make a huge difference in 30 mph 90 degree corners.

pinelllas.jpg

I would, however, adopt Sinovac if I could. I'd like to think he'd give me a small discount on legal fees.

Last edited: