Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Mr. Bony - Pics please!!!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Willow Springs big track is a great run for high horsepower cars.

Enjoy!

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
Ok gotta jump in here. Today I attended the Ferrari Club driving event at VIR. In addition to Ferraris and vettes, there was a brand spanking new GT3 and a 599 (more about that later). The GT3 was running sticky tires; I had the stock Good Year's. We were both in the middle intermediate/novice group. Appears we ran similar lap times. I remember seeing him a couple of times behind me (maybe 1/2 mile) it seemed that I was gaining some time on him...but overall similar. I think if I would have had my Hoosiers, it would have been no contest. Now, among the Ferrari 360s, 355s, 348s, 1 older Dodge Viper, Porshe 911 Carreras, Tubos, GT3, and vettes, no one ever passed me (for 6 20-minute lapping sessions and I am very courteous on the track)....except the 599 (while I was caught in a train but in fairness to him, that car is fast!)....wow. I could catch up to him in the corners but in the front and back straights he would begin to slightly pull away from me and I was WFO! All I can say is that is one fast and beautiful car. Looks much better in person than in pics. As FYI, my GT is stock except for the transaxle cooler, Accufab exhaust, and Crow harnesses (thanks Ed, this set-up really helped me stay planted in the corners!).

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Consider a custom SCT dyno tune. Most owners find an increase of 40-50 HP, many find more. One Georgia owner picked up 150 HP with just a tune. Until you get it on a dyno, you'll never know what you're leaving on the table. It's the cheapest HP money can buy, and it makes no sense to have cars pulling you on the straights. :cheers

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
I had a chance to drive the GT and GT3 back to back last Saturday/Sunday! I had never driven either car prior to this 350 mile trip through Arizona.

I spent 95% of the time in the GT, I felt like the GT3 had a slight advantage in the corners. Both cars are 100% stock. With sticky's on the GT3 your going to have a tough time keeping up!

BTW.... Who said the GT3 didn't sound as good as the GT?? Its like saying blond's aren't as pretty as brunettes!:biggrin The sound of either car is intoxicating.

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
What about the GT with sticky's Jeff? At least make it fair.
As someone has already pointed out, Car and Driver's test of these cars stock using the Grand Course at VIR found the following:
November 2006: Ford GT: 3:00.7
August 2007: Porsche GT3: 3:01.8
The Porsche comes stock with stickier tires than either the Ford GT or ZO6. Put sticky's on these cars and it will be no contest.

Last edited:

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
What about the GT with sticky's Jeff? At least make it fair.

Your right, I should have concluded with a thumbs up to the GT! All things equal the GT wins.:thumbsup

Kave

GT Owner
Nov 13, 2006
The gt came out on top. I willpost vids from the in car in gt3 later.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
way to go--
I will look forward to your video.

GT4JR

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2006
Yorba Linda, California
guys,

why not compare the new Porsche GT2 to the FGT? Now, this is a race to watch!

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
Well done! The GT3 is the easier car to drive fast. As Neil said the FGT is a bit of a handful at speed.

Hope you both had fun!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
You should level the field with some Hoosier R6 Tires. Find some posts by Ed Sims. He Tracks his car a lot. He runs Stock brakes, Whipple, Hoosiers & Penski shocks. He says the stock brakes hold up well...
Also for what it's worth Car and Drive Mag is using VIR as it's bench mark track for testing The GT was last years record holder at 3:00.7 They just tested this years group. The 2008 ZO6 just set the new bench mark at 2:58.2 The Porsche 911 GT3 best was 3:01.8 which is slower that last years test of the GT. See Aug 2008 issue for details.

It should be a close match.. have fun!! I'd snag some Hoosiers fom the Tire rack and Show the GT3 that lovely rear end !! :biggrin

The gt came out on top. I willpost vids from the in car in gt3 later.

No surprise here !!!:biggrin The GT had a better time at VIR on stock tires...

Greg

May 21, 2007
It typically comes down to the driver.

Something more objective - His car is a dime a dozen on the street and he is talking smack because he's jealous. Your call is the definition of 'COOL'.

You have a smile on your face no matter what!

BTW - you car sounds awesome....does his? I know it doesn't :thumbsup

Dime a doz????? Anybody correct me if Im wrong but I think I heard that P only sold like 80 GT3s here last year.

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Dime a doz????? Anybody correct me if Im wrong but I think I heard that P only sold like 80 GT3s here last year.

My dealer said 175 for 2007 and 132 for 2008 - pretty rare car in the USA!