barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
jamie said:
I just bought my new Ford GT and I took it for a ride and tried to roll it up
but when the car hits 4000 rpms it noses over like it just hit the rev limiter
can anybody help?
thanks Jamie

I would take it back to the dealer immediately.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
I thought that I remembered a computer setting that required the car to have x number of miles (I think it was only like 25) before it would perform...this was done so that employees at the dealer couldn't go hot rodding around.

Can anyone confirm that? Has anyone experienced that issue...I can remember what car it was on.

Matt

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
From another forum on the same issue, here's a post I copied:

"I just got back last week from watching my car get built at the Wixom plant. The GT has two set of injectors on each cylinder. The computer will not let the 2nd injectors operate until the car has 50 miles on it. I know this to be fact from my talk with the engineers. After 50 miles that car will run like no other. The magic cut off for power in the first 50 miles is 4000 rpm. What color did you get. Mine is yellow/black will not be here for two weeks.

Mike Anderson"

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
I was told that it was 3 consecutive miles or 25 ignition starts. Mine changed on the way home from the dealer after I had gone 3 consecutive miles.

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
I got white with blue stripes, that is my personal favorite. The car is fixed now, I don't know if it fixed itself or I fixed it? I took the cover off of passenger floorboard so I could get to the fuel cutoff swith and I pushed the plunger and put the cover back on and when I took it out for a ride it was ok?
I don't know if that was the problem or the ignition cycled enough times or what but it is fixed now! I don't think it was a mileage thing though because my car only has 10 miles on it now.
thanks for any and all suggestions

chiliman

Sep 24, 2005
I see from your post on the other forum that you're from Woodbridge. I own a restaurant down by Potomac Mills, just how much free beer and pool would it take for you to stop by one day and show it off?

Where did you purchase it? I'm hoping to be able to get a GT when I pay off the loan or get my next location open.

Randy

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
oh probably not too much, what restaurant is yours?
Jamie

chiliman

Sep 24, 2005
Hard Times Cafe in the Potomac Festival Shopping Center

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
well I am right aroud the corner, I own metro pawn and gold right next to the billard supplie in daniel stuart square.

chiliman

Sep 24, 2005
Jamie,

I sent you a pm with my cell phone.

hboyle2003

GT Owner
Oct 23, 2006
I did a GT test drive (verrrry short) at Lone Star Ford in their Black GT and it would also shut down at about 4k rpms. My heritage now has 36 miles and last time I had it out it still would not let the super engage. Maybe it knnows how I drive and is protecting itself....

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I'd put a few miles on it before taking it to the dealer (at least 50).

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
hboyle2003 said:
I did a GT test drive (verrrry short) at Lone Star Ford in their Black GT and it would also shut down at about 4k rpms. My heritage now has 36 miles and last time I had it out it still would not let the super engage. Maybe it knnows how I drive and is protecting itself....

You have to drive it with out stalling or shutting it off for 5 or 7 miles at once. Then the car will come alive!

This is so the lot jocky's at the dealerships don't ruin your car.

hboyle2003

GT Owner
Oct 23, 2006
I took mine out today and it went over the 50 mile point. I finally got to use the supercharger!! I suspect the issue is the 50 mile limitation in the computer as someone else posted. It was fun before and is more fun now!!

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA
Great To Have Others in the area

chiliman
Spectator

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see from your post on the other forum that you're from Woodbridge. I own a restaurant down by Potomac Mills, just how much free beer and pool would it take for you to stop by one day and show it off?

Where did you purchase it? I'm hoping to be able to get a GT when I pay off the loan or get my next location open.

Randy

Hey Randy,

I'm just across the River in Rockville, and my neighbor and I have 05 & 06 Red with white stripes, and have 2 others up in the Ellicott City MD with identical colors, and a beautiful Tungsten colored GT in Alexandria. I have been looking for a "safe place to park" for all of us to get together. If your place fits, how about next Saturday, weather permitting. And send me some directions please.

Pete S.