GT Wins Lamborghini Dallas Car Show

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
Entered the GT in the annual Lamborghini Dallas Track and Concorso this weekend at Motorsport Ranch, just outside Dallas. I figured it would be in an "other Exotics" class, since there were so many Lambo's there. They ended up with only 4 awards; Pre 1980, 1980-1999, 2000-Present, and Best of Show. I won the 2000 to Present category against a ton of new Murci's, Gallardo's, Spiders, and a perfect GT2 Porsche right next to me. It was a fan vote, and I was probably helped by some friends from www.ferrarichat.com that were there, but I was thrilled when they announced the winners. We have a sneaking suspicion that we might have won best of show, but one of their "regulars" won with a very nice Lambo GT. The Ford GT had a crowd around it all day!

Got it out on the track for some spirited parade laps, and it performed flawlessly!

Last edited:

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
A few more pics.

Last edited:

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Fantastic! Congratulations......... :cheers

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
We have a sneaking suspicion that we might have won best of show, but one of their "regulars" won with a very nice Lambo GT.

Surprise, surprise... Welcome to car show politics. I'd bet pretty much all of us have been there.:lol

By the way, 'don't see ONE front license plate on any of the cars:thumbsup. Are they "required" in Texas????

(GREAT PICS by the way!:thumbsup )

Last edited:

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
That's great, I wish I had known about that. Give me shout if you hear about any events like that around Dallas.

Congrats!

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Surprise, surprise... Welcome to car show politics. I'd bet pretty much all of us have been there.:lol

The few car shows I've been to in the UK (particularly Aston concourse type events) are about as much fun as an autopsy - with all the laughter, camaraderie and sense of fun that would go with that too.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

The few car shows I've been to in the UK (particularly Aston concourse type events) are about as much fun as an autopsy - with all the laughter, camaraderie and sense of fun that would go with that too.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

I wish I'd put it that way!:rofl

To be fair though, SOME shows are a lot of fun (admittedly most of those being "hot rod/customs/street machine shows) ...especially those w/o trophies.

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
This show was all about the fun, and not too serious. In fact I drove the car 65 miles to the show, asked my buddies if I needed to wipe it down, and they all said "blow it off". There were several guys cleaning every knook and cranny of their cars though.

Fubar, I'm sorry I didn't notify the Dallas area crowd, but I had planned on being at a RM car auction in Marshall Texas, and ended up going the day before. They are having another one in the fall at the new Eagles Canyon Racetrack. Will give everyone a heads up then.

They were giving track rides in the new LP640 and every other new Lambo they could assemble. Was a line waiting for that all day.

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
By the way, 'don't see ONE front license plate on any of the cars:thumbsup. Are they "required" in Texas????

(GREAT PICS by the way!:thumbsup )

Front plates are required, but I haven't had one for 15 years and never got pulled over for that. I do know people that have, and some guys I know have a quick connect plate with plastic ties for longer drives. There was a move to change the law, and it was added to another item, but didn't make it through. I plan on pleading ignorance, saying I didn't get one with the GT, and putting one on just to get out of the ticket if necessary.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I plan on pleading ignorance, saying I didn't get one with the GT, and putting one on just to get out of the ticket if necessary.

Well, good luck to YOU, Dig, for two reasons:

1. The judge will recite th' ol' drum beat, "Ignorance of the law is no excuse."
and
2. Ford makes a front license plate holder for the GT!!! No lie. I have one sitting in my garage. The fact YOU HAVE TO DRILL HOLES IN YOUR CAR TO USE IT because the factory made no provision for same will be of no concern to the state.

'Just finished a "round" with the Washington State Patrol on this issue and I've covered it all here on the Forum B4. But, the bottom line is: WHEN (not "if") I get cited, I'm going to march the tkt up thru the court daisy chain 2C if I can find a judge in this lib infested state who's FAMILIAR with the equal protection clause of the U.S. Constitution. IF THAT JUDGE can be found, he/she will see that Wash. State is in violation thereof because it allows motorcycles, car dealers, farm vehicles, classic cars, ATV's, and vehicles with "trip permits" to drive down the road all day long w/o a front plate. And according to the E.P.C. - IF THEY CAN DO IT, then, by law, I CAN.

'Simpler solution? If Texas HAS "trip permits", simply slap one of those on your GT whenever you take it out & Bob's your uncle. (I refuse to do that myself because I'm STUBORN...and because I refuse to pay 'em add'tional $$$ everytime I take the car out.)

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Hey, Neilda, autopsies CAN be fun, you just have to know how to conduct them.

DUROC

GT Owner
Aug 6, 2006
Westchester, NY
Neilda,
Does this mean that the Goodwood Revival is likely to be dreary? I've made plans to go this year for the first time.

06VistaBlueGT

Aug 30, 2006
That LP640 is just AMAZING!!!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Neilda,
Does this mean that the Goodwood Revival is likely to be dreary? I've made plans to go this year for the first time.

lets hook up! i'll be there!

DUROC

GT Owner
Aug 6, 2006
Westchester, NY
Bony,
Excellent. Here's my email address for when the event (Aug. 31 - Sept 1) gets closer. Hope others who plan to be at Goodwood then will connect with us too.

DUROC

GT Owner
Aug 6, 2006
Westchester, NY
Oops - meant to include drapp54@yahoo.com

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Most Excellent!