GT TT v Viper TT ?

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
I was just wondering if the the GT TTs wil be able to perform the with the Heffner and Hennesey Vipers? They lay down some incredible numbers.

Car Wash King

GT Owner
Jul 4, 2006
I have one of each ,the viper is alot faster Thanks John :cheers

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Car Wash King said:
I have one of each ,the viper is alot faster Thanks John :cheers

Define that for me.

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
tmcphail said:
Define that for me.

It all depends on what you do to it. Its like saying that a Nissan 350z TT is faster Ford GT TT please try to be more specific.

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
That's a tricky one. At any given RPM the Viper can make more power than the GT but at any given MPH the GT can put down more power than the Viper. I'll search through the dyno computer and see if I can find a few runs that will put it into perspective.

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
I think because the Ford cannot accept 15 wheels and wrinkle wall drag slicks, that it will be at a distinct disadvantge in the 1/4 mile. Any car that can develop over 1000 hp will have traction/tire spin as one of its main issues.

The larger diameter drag slicks are great, but they cannot come close to the low pressure 15" tires in traction.

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
He didn't say vs in the 1/4 mile he just said vs overall. Its unfair because they have been perfecting the Viper engine for years and the ford gt only came out last year and the fastest one *stage 6* isn't even finish with stage 2 kit. You can all say that the Ford GT doesn't have great traction on the 1/4 mile track but I remember the viper having the same problem to before they fixed it and made one bad ass Viper!

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
The viper has had much more development time, what can we do to speed up the learning curve?

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Its also got a few more cubes and 2 more cylinders!

2006 Silver Jeep SRT-8 12.4@109.6

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
tmcphail said:
Its also got a few more cubes and 2 more cylinders!

yes a very known advantage by all us. But its also front engine rwd creating a bigger loss of power and the more power the more you lose well thats if you always use the percentage rule.

Last edited:

Outlaw

GT Owner
Apr 25, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
great debate !!! Although there is a very simple solution...

Torries GT Vs My Viper - equal RWHP ... are you up for it torrie ? were only a couple min from eachother.

pretty much, at similar RWHP numbers - the GT has a traction and gearing advantage .... while the viper has a HUGE torque advantage and less boost lag .

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Outlaw said:
great debate !!! Although there is a very simple solution...

Torries GT Vs My Viper - equal RWHP ... are you up for it torrie ? were only a couple min from eachother.

pretty much, at similar RWHP numbers - the GT has a traction and gearing advantage .... while the viper has a HUGE torque advantage and less boost lag .

Pinks? :lol

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
If the race were a 1/4 mile, and the Viper had 15in tires, the GT would get creamed off the line. If it were a 1/4 mile, and the same tire were used the GT would win because of it rear end bias=better traction. If the race was from say 4o to 150mph, then it would be a race.

Outlaw

GT Owner
Apr 25, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
40 - 150 would be my plan - street tire ( drag radial in my case ) , I think it would be very good.

Ripper 02

Permanent Vacation
Aug 16, 2006
Texas
Outlaw said:

Very True!!

I also have a TT Viper....

Traction is the biggest issue with the viper... IMO
other than that Yes , It will no doubt beat the GT.

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Traction, traction, traction, we don't need no stinking traction.

piko6

GT Owner
Oct 5, 2005
i think it would be a great race 1 mile shotout ... given equivalent horsepower..

1/4 mile?? viper is faster and quicker (gearing??)

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
I hate to keep beating a dead horse, but this is the same as the SS Corvette deal.... No matter how fast the TT Viper is, it's still only a Viper. Given the choice, I'd take a bone stock FGT over any Viper, any day.

With that said, now stfu and get those two cars paired up side by side and tell us who's quicker, faster, and where each one excels.

Get to it!
mardyn

piko6

GT Owner
Oct 5, 2005
i would love to run a viper with 1200 rwhp on 1 mile run as well as 1/4 mile run on the same car with the same setup i think it would be a blast....

piko6

GT Owner
Oct 5, 2005
waiting on my buddy outlaw to get his 1000 rwhp viper fixed.. and i will lower the boost to 22psi so it is similar 1000 rwhp on the gt the we can really test this theory out....