GT Track Photos

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I have a bunch of these I just resized for web sizes. In the pictures are AZGT, ChipBeck, rsstopper, Camilo, Dgm2...

1.jpg

track2.jpg

track3.jpg

track5.jpg

track6.jpg

track7.jpg

track8.jpg

track1.jpg
track18.jpg

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
track10.jpg

track11.jpg

track12.jpg

track13.jpg

track14.jpg

track15.jpg

track16.jpg

track17.jpg

track18.jpg

track19.jpg

track20.jpg

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yeah, it's a track near Phoenix.

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Great pics. Any of the cars have cooling issues after running hard on the track?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It wasn't particularly hot that day so nothing to speak of. I think the GT does OK until it gets above 80*. The White car and Heritage car were getting pummeled by their owners as well. I was surprised neither had a trans cooler because they race out their frequently.

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
nice photo's dave, thx for sharing

sam
#1451---------red/white

OCPETE

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Killer Dana, CA
Goes to prove that White IS the quickest color :thumbsup
Great pics

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Goes to prove that White IS the quickest color :thumbsup
Great pics

'Quickest of THAT group. You'll note there was no BLUE/WHITE there...:lol

(And anyway ...are you SURE the white/blue wasn't being LAPPED???:rofl )

OCPETE

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Killer Dana, CA
Empty....you smokin that BC Bud or you are clearly color choice dyslectic :lol

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Empty....you smokin that BC Bud or you are clearly color choice dyslectic :lol

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Whuddah you know about it anyway!:biggrin

(Speakin' of BC bud... just the other day they nabbed some dude at the border station just north of me with 750lbs of the stuff hidden in the roof of his semi trailer. The guy obviously hadn't been smokin' any of the stuff, because he was jittery as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. THAT's what caused the B Patrol to take a closer look at his truck. Otherwise he'd have sailed right thru ...so to speak.)

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
It wasn't particularly hot that day so nothing to speak of. I think the GT does OK until it gets above 80*.

Anybody have much experience tracking their GT in hotter temps? With aftermarket cooling upgrades? I'd hate to be unable to track the car down here in TX between April and September....

OCPETE

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Killer Dana, CA
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Whuddah you know about it anyway!:biggrin

(Speakin' of BC bud... just the other day they nabbed some dude at the border station just north of me with 750lbs of the stuff hidden in the roof of his semi trailer. The guy obviously hadn't been smokin' any of the stuff, because he was jittery as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. THAT's what caused the B Patrol to take a closer look at his truck. Otherwise he'd have sailed right thru ...so to speak.)

Empty...goes to show that he should have smoked himself a fatty before his attempt. Hell 750 lbs, he would probably be looking for a FGT by now :lol

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
I thought eveyone knew that the dark colors generate more engine bay heat soak. As we know heat is evil to the motor. If you look at the IDA site, he clearly explains how this will rob power up to 40 HP with just 20-40 deg diff in engine bay temps.

I would say my black 335i is much hotter inside than my white company car. I would estimate about 20-40 degrees. Now we have some real scientific data to support at least one color claim.:cheers

That said, the coolest color is white and therefore generates the most power on warm sunny days. Clearly an advantage at the track:banana

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Temps.

Anybody have much experience tracking their GT in hotter temps? With aftermarket cooling upgrades? I'd hate to be unable to track the car down here in TX between April and September....

I've tracked the GT in hot (90+) temps. I have the additional oil cooler which I think does a good job. I've had no overheating issues - but there is a definite fall of in power as the temperature rises. Some 5 - 6 mph less in top straight away speeds in the afternoons as compared to the early morning runs in cooler air.

Gordo.

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Track photo

My son driving the GT - me follwing behind in the 914-6GT.

G.

Attachments

• GT & 914-6  lo res.jpg
    GT & 914-6 lo res.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 110

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Gordo, I do think heat soak is the nature of the beast with forced induction. The intercooler seams to be a good design, so that may just be what we have to live with.

If you figure out the peak power shift points you can save some heat. All tracks are little different, but you may want to experiment to see where the temps are. Blown or not, all cars are prone to this, but with blown cars it is amplified a lot more.