GT Team History Year Book

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Just wondering how every one who bought a year book likes it.

We tried to put as much into it as we could, but because it was a self funded effort, we were forced to limit how many pages it would end up having so to keep the cost per book down. We started with limiting it to 100 pages, but I think we ended up about 150 or so. We had enough material, and would have loved to do many more pages and photos.

It might be a good idea to get an acid free plastic bag to keep them in. I know I intend to keep mine forever, passing it down to my kids and grand kids, and want them to be in the same condition they are in now. Acid free bags can be had at specialty stores that sells comic books.

Think I'll watch the DVD again :biggrin
Rich

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Great JOB!! Wish we could have gotten a hard cover.

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
great job..loving it....thanks again

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I'm really enjoying my copy. It is great to see the people behind the car. Was the book printed on acid free paper?

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
missing yearbook

We dig this book! It's a great read for those who already know about the car and for those who want to know about the car! We purchased two and, unfortunately, one came up missing at Saleen's. We're hoping someone might recognize it - it has Camillo's AND Steve Saleen's signature on the front cover.... if anyone has our book, pls let us know!
Mrs. Blue Moose

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Acid free paper and missing book

I belive it was printed on acid free paper, but just as a precaution, might be wise use the plastic bag. You can never tell when a spill or other oops will happen. We did look into hard covers, but that would have pushed the price to the moon.

Michele, If your book does not turn up, I belive I might be able to secure another copy. Fred is on vacation this week, but when he gets back, I'll ask him. Should be no problem getting Camillo and Steve to sign it, but may take some time as Steve is on the west coast most of the time. Camillo is local so that should be no problem. I met you at the party Friday night, and had a Fantastic conversation with Mr Blue Moose at Camillo's party.

Take care all, and thank you
Rich :biggrin

Last edited:

Derry

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
buffalo, NY
Are there any left for sale still?

sharp33

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2006
Rochester, NY
The book is a wonderful tribute the car and the team that brought it to life. I bought two with the idea of giving one to a close friend. But I like it so much I can't bring myself to give the second book away. Instead I'm thinking about keeping both books and buying a second GT. And that way each GT will have its own book. Think the wife will go along with that reasoning? :cheers

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
The book is FANTASTIC and we all appreciate you guys putting it together! :cheers

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Book is GREAT, got a chance to read every page when it was not my driving stint, on the way home, well done, have not had a chance to check out the DVD, yet.

Thanks!

Ripper 02

Permanent Vacation
Aug 16, 2006
Texas
Derry said:
Are there any left for sale still?

Anyone ...... Anyone ????

Sure would be a nice book to own :thumbsup

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Sure, I have 5, signed, at $30K apiece (I'd like a second GT).

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I have 11 copies. They are $43,058 each. :biggrin

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yes, but are they signed? OK DBK, you win. But just what do you need with $473,638.00? That's such an odd figure?

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
Great book. It really shows what went into making the GT. Thanks again...GHE

Ripper 02

Permanent Vacation
Aug 16, 2006
Texas
DBK said:
I have 11 copies. They are $43,058 each. :biggrin

I will take 4 copies........

And I will give you a Free Viper :lol :lol :lol

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Everyone knows if there's a guy who can get things signed, it's this guy. Who walked into Edsel's office and said "Yo' Ford, let's work the crowd". :lol

I plan on throwing $473,638.00 crack party.

fjpikul said:
Yes, but are they signed? OK DBK, you win. But just what do you need with $473,638.00? That's such an odd figure?