GT stalling all the time....sucks !

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
I read about this before, so I ask to the people that fixed the problem...
1. My car is stalling bad. As I approach a stop light, the revs start to play from 800 to 1000 back to 500rpms (almost killing the engine). Then, other times just dies. Stops. What is it ?
2. The thing scares me the most is that on the Turnpike, the red light comes on and says "check gauge" ...it always happens when I run with low fuel. Not this time, this time I check the fuel...OK. Guess what, NO OIL PRESSURE !!! I was about to turn the engine off, but instead went to neutral. The pressure came up to 25 again and continued normal. What is this ?
Thanks for your input.

Exiges

GT Owner
Jul 2, 2007
UK
This is just guesswork but sounds like your alternator to me.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
You have alot of people that are at the rally right now but you have what sounds like the fuel cap problem. Its a warranty item and the dealer must remove the fender and replace the connection to the filler neck. Do a seach and you can find some from early on the board. It was not a common problem but happened enough that people were aware of it. Happens most of the time if I remember when you have aobut half a tank or less.

Ahh found the link. Here is the information you seek

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=752&highlight=stalling

Matt

Last edited:

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Rok, get it to a computer code 442 small evap, your fuel pipe leaks air. DDDOOONT MESS WITH IT , TRUST ME... GTJOEY 1314 Can be other things but put a scanner on it. :thumbsup

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
Thanks, I'll take to the dealer tomorrow. I will post their fix.
Rock

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
So mine just started doing this and I'm going to the Texas Mile next weekend. I will be out of town all week and can't have it looked at before going to the Mile.

My question is, will I hurt anything running it at the Mile with this problem or should I blow off the Mile? Please tell me it's strictly an idle problem and won't affect high speed runs.

Aug 25, 2006
So mine just started doing this and I'm going to the Texas Mile next weekend. I will be out of town all week and can't have it looked at before going to the Mile.

My question is, will I hurt anything running it at the Mile with this problem or should I blow off the Mile? Please tell me it's strictly an idle problem and won't affect high speed runs.

EDITED by Shadowman after reading other comments

You will have no mechanical trouble with her as the result of this problem except that she is not happy coming back to idle which could be devastating.

Have her fixed and then enjoy the Texas Mile fun; BTW I was informed a week ago that the filler tube assemblies were on back order so hopefully this has changed.

Takes care

Shadowman

Last edited:

davisp

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 18, 2006
New Jersey
I had this problem with my car and the fix was replacing the fuel filler tube and hose assembly. The car frequently stalled when taking a corner or braking. I WOULD NOT risk my car and my life by driving anywhere at high speed without having this fixed. When the car stalls you loose braking and steering. Listen to GTJoey, is missing one event really that important in the overall scheme of things? PD

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Be care tex, also if the car is always full over 3/4 the computer loop will not come on , on the vaccuum teat. Keep it over 3/4 and it wont come on the dash or stall. BE CAREFUL IT ALWAYS HAPPENS AT 4 WAY INTERSECTIONS.WITH TRUCKS COMING THE OTHER WAY!!!! CALL THE GTGUYS.OR GO TO THE DEALER. THANKS, GTJOEY 1314

glord

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Los Gatos California
Filler Neck Problem

I had the same symptoms and it was the Fuel Filler Neck. If this turns out to be your problem as well, please note that there is a way to replace the filler neck without removing the front fender. This technique may be more widely known at this point, but if not have your dealer contact Frontier Ford in San Jose California for the procedure. Good luck, Gary