GT Sound

planmgb

GT Owner
Jun 21, 2011
Dallas, TX
I would like some advice on the most cost effective way to get a better sound than stock for my GT. I have a LP640 which sounds like a beast compared to the GT. I am considering Accufab X pipe.

Who has the best prices?

H

HHGT

IMO they are all excellent. Also consider future bumper removal and what tips you find most appealing. Attend a car show and check them out.

jim gibson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 13, 2009
warren, ohio
Buy Accufab. I love mine, and the sound is perfect in my opinion

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Come to a rally, you will hear them all, accufab, Ida, GT guys, heffner, full headers, and the borla. In Dallas, should be able to meet up and hear a few. As mentioned earlier, decide NOW if your going to ever do a bumper delete, to avoid changing the length later...... Easier to also do both at once.

H

HHGT

Come to a rally, you will hear them all, accufab, Ida, GT guys, heffner, full headers, and the borla. In Dallas, should be able to meet up and hear a few. As mentioned earlier, decide NOW if your going to ever do a bumper delete, to avoid changing the length later...... Easier to also do both at once.

I have the accufab and kept them uncut even after removing the bumper. It looks retro and I love it, especially the yellowing of the stainless.

Last edited:

NJF

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I went Accufab and had Shadowman cut them down to match my bumper delete. It now sounds as good as it looks.

Jeff

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
You want beastly sound? Check out my car on the dyno ..... http://vimeo.com/2505966

planmgb

GT Owner
Jun 21, 2011
Dallas, TX
Very nice what mods have been done to it?

H

HHGT

You want beastly sound? Check out my car on the dyno ..... http://vimeo.com/2505966

Love the Sound, Camera Work, Audio track, Color and the #'s

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
especially the yellowing of the stainless.

+1

I love that gold in headers as they get used.

GTFUN

GT Owner
Aug 19, 2009
Atlanta,Ga
IMO they are all excellent. Also consider future bumper removal and what tips you find most appealing.

IMHO bumpers take away from the "hidden" form of the rear.. so much sleeker without it.
As far as exhaust, Love my Heffner pipes... You can check mine out at the Rally.

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Very nice what mods have been done to it?
Pulley, Tune, FRPP Rear Exit Headers.