GT Sightings....the modern day Unicorn?

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Well .. there are another 2 within about 9 miles of the house but both are garage queens. Have seen both ... in their caves. The only time I see one on the road is when I see my Texas buddies ... but then again the only time we seem to drive together is at a GT event. :frown

I'm missing my fix this year ... be safe out west. Best wishes for the rally. :thumbsup

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
planned event aside, I have ran across two in houston, a red white stripe and a tungsten sliver stripe, and both time I was not in my car, I have never seen another one when driving my gt. I followed the tungsten to a resturant and had a nice chat with him, unfortunately he is not on the forum.

drof gt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 10, 2006
Los Angeles
I rarely see them and there is and identical GT to mine, on my street two blocks down. One day I'm sure I'll get to speak with the owner.

H

HHGT

I rarely see them and there is and identical GT to mine, on my street two blocks down. One day I'm sure I'll get to speak with the owner.

Where about in L.A. are you. We hold a regular C&C and Breakfast. Have had 21 of us one time and then caravaned over to the Country Club for Breakfast. Kingman Bailed on us but Bony drove all the way from Fresno.:willy:willy:willy

PM me and we'll have you join us. :cheers

Sam

DRIVEBY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 17, 2006
Las Vegas
I've yet to see any on the road in Chicago, but better yet, 3 years ago I merged on to the highway right beside an Enzo - Priceless moment! (for him :rofl)

H

HHGT

Someday I will buy an Enzo.... I am waiting for the $ to rise and the Euro to plummet - that way, I'll get one for half price. :willy:willy:willy

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Have seen what may qualify as "lots" of GTs on the road, outside of the GT rallies. Here in Flagstaff, I think there resides a red and white garage queen, saw a white w/blue pass thru a couple of times over the past year, last year another blue w/white was at the Route 66 car show (dealer from Phoenix), saw a red one in New Orleans last year (on those roads!), saw another blue w/white south of Phoenix last week, and the Route 66 car show yesterday had an early GT replica (in Heritage colors). I parked next to an Enzo at an SECC coffee and cars earlier this year in Scottsdale and there is no question which car is a work of art, true kinetic sculpture. And, not intending to hijack this thread, the blue with white stripes is the fastest and bestest!

Last edited:

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Empty's neighbour never saw one.

I'm here all week.

Try the liver.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Once, it was a year and a half ago for me. There are at least 4 I know about in my area, but I never see them being driven or at local car shows. Had mine in a few car shows and drive it almost every weekend.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
of the 8 in Tucson that i am aware of including mine i have only seen 5 of them on the road other than mine.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
A game rich area.

Gentlemen,

At least once a month I see one on the road here in Scottsdale. Often times it's a car I've never seen before with an out-of-state plate on it. I've probably seen (unplanned) 25 to 30 different GTs at some point or another. Even though Scottsdale appears to be a GT rich area, I am still transfixed every time I come across one. If on the freeway, I catch up to it and follow it for a while. It's kind of like spotting a shapely young naked girl on the beach. It's always an unexpected treat that draws your eye like a magnet.

Chip

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

YEEEEEEEEEEW MIZZERBULL.........:mad :bang :tongue:tongue:tongue

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina

I'm here all week.

Try the liver.
:thumbsup Neilda - a CLASSIC! :rofl:rofl:rofl :cheers :rofl

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Thursday Dr. Jon takes his gal out and I get a call saying why were you in Cary? :confused

Problem was I was in NJ #$&%!#*$

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
:thumbsup Neilda - a CLASSIC! :rofl:rofl:rofl :cheers :rofl

:tap: Dew NOT encourage the man, Mike! :bored :slap

Flatrod

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
I have seen a Tungston and 2 red GT's on the road. The Tungston changed hands, never see it anymore, still in town. The red's don't get over to this side of town, both owned by the same guy. So, 6 GT's here and never see one on the road anymore.

cmoody32

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 8, 2006
The even more rare one is the GT Unicorn X-1.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
I had a fun experience a few months back. Was driving my Tungsten gal on one of our few quiet and scenic roads in NE Florida. It was a nice, not too hot day. Of course, I was obeying all local speed limits. Whilst driving down this quiet 2 lane road, I see another GT, in blue, coming the opposite direction. I think we were shocked when we saw each other. I slowed down and he U-turned and came up behind me. We both pulled over and had a nice chat comparing mods we had done. A very nice fellow - I saw him recently and found out he sold his GT. Perhaps to noones surprise, he was talking about getting another.

See that is the kind of experience I would expect from a fellow GT owner in that situation. Pull over for a chat and compliment each other on great taste in vehicles. :thumbsup

I snapped my head around when I saw that one in the high desert...even though it was a red one. :wink

Not yet.......of course this is Iowa. :bored But just ask me about pickup sightings !! :banana

My question would be about the alien crop circle sightings :eek.

This is very true....

In the UK you hardly ever see one. I saw one in late 2005 in central London (red with white stripe) and I happened to be in my GT driving on the motorway and actually overtook one! But he wasn't very playful, I sat behind him flashed my lights then overtook him, but he didn't want to play....

So that's two in 3 years of looking.

Neilda that GT owner should be forced into immediate sale for ignoring your request for GT playtime :frown. I would expect better from a brother in arms.

Even though we have them, glad to see that I am not the only one who gets a smile just from seeing them. Guess I need to get to a Rally one day so I can cross seeing a GTX1 off the list. :cheers

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Very common.

Gentlemen,

These cars are as common as dirt clods in a farm field. It's not even noon and I've already had six of them show up at my house!! :biggrin :thumbsup :banana :cheers There's a hotel in downtown Scottsdale that expects to have 45 of them in their underground parking garage tonight.

Chip

Last edited:

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Someday I will buy an Enzo.... I am waiting for the $ to rise and the Euro to plummet - that way, I'll get one for half price. :willy:willy:willy

Waiting for same on an F40. Palazzo has one, as you no doubt know. I was checking that out a couple months ago while my wife was ogling the Veyron.