GT Service in SoCal

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
All GTs will be hitting their 6-year limit on emissions-test-free existence, even if you got yours new and it never changed hands. So we're going to all need to locate trustworthy local shops that can put our cars on rollers without damaging them.

I was kind of wondering about that, but wasn't going to ask. Guess mine will be coming up this year then...Please share any favorable locations. I had to smog at initial purchase - bizarre - I know. But I know I was not alone in California having to do that. Then, heard nothing since. The original Huntington Beach place that smogged mine originally is gone. Would like another Orange County location.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Stillen in Newport Beach

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Newport Smog has a line of Lambos, F-cars, etc

They did mine

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Thanks Kayvan.

Vince H

Mike1

GT Owner
Jul 23, 2013
Hermosa Beach, CA
Just bought a 05 GT Red/White and could not be more excited about the car!

I am located in Hermosa Beach and looking for nearby and trusted shops for smog and then a set of Bridgestone RE050A tires. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Mike

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Welcome Aboard!! :thumbsup

Just bought a 05 GT Red/White and could not be more excited about the car!

I am located in Hermosa Beach and looking for nearby and trusted shops for smog and then a set of Bridgestone RE050A tires. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Mike

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Hello and welcome Mike1.

Personally I don't worry too much about the smog certification shops. I just found one that had the rollers submerged into the floor so the GT does not have to drive up on a ramp as they were much higher than my 4 post. It's a short process so I just stay there and watch things closely.

Regarding Bridgestones, I use Stokes Tires in Santa Monica. Their pricing is good when combined with the Tire Racks and such where you add delivery/shipping to mounting, balancing, etc.

Look forward to meeting you as I'm in Pacific Palisades. In fact, I'm heading down to the Palos Verdes Cars and Coffee this Saturday morning if you want to join in.

Mike1

GT Owner
Jul 23, 2013
Hermosa Beach, CA
Thanks for the welcomes and the information.

This Saturday at PV Cars & Coffee sounds great. I'll plan on it.

Mike

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Welcome Mike1. Enjoy your GT.

Vince H

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
OK Mike let's do it!
I plan on being there at 7am and will park towards the back.
My GT is Midnite Blue/White stripes.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Stillen in Newport Beach

I would think long and hard about this decision as I speak from first hand experience.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Found a place local that fit Kevin's description of flat rollers that raised to your car. Passed with flying colors and had a good time talking cars with the techs.

Vince H

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Hey Vince that's great!
I need to get mine smogged in the next couple weeks also.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
I'm glad I took your advice Kevin. Cost me $46 and change and was only 9 miles from my house and a block away from my business. Good guys as well. I'm sure yours will go just as smoothly.

Vince H

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Are you guys smogging '05's or 06's?

Mine says it's not due yet ('06) although I had to smog upon original purchase in 2006, so maybe that pushed my timeline out?

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Are you guys smogging '05's or 06's?

Mine says it's not due yet ('06) although I had to smog upon original purchase in 2006, so maybe that pushed my timeline out?

Why did you have to smog a new car?

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
OK Mike let's do it!
I plan on being there at 7am and will park towards the back.
My GT is Midnite Blue/White stripes.

My GT spies are making good finds today. First that yellow Carrera GT in Dallas, now you guys in PV.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1375552175.616255.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1375552175.616255.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 68

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Why did you have to smog a new car?

Ed, This is the third smog certification for my car. 2006 when new and brought in from Illinois and the second smog certification since then.

That spy really gets around! Great to meet new owner Mike and his wife Georgia this morning.

Mike1

GT Owner
Jul 23, 2013
Hermosa Beach, CA
Kevin and Tom,

Great meeting you guys today. Looking forward to the next SoCal GT get together.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I live in a police state.