GT service in Seattle area

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Hi guys. You folks in the Seattle area, who is the best dealer to service a GT?

bg5512

GT Owner
Dec 21, 2006
I live in Issaquah, but I haven't serviced my GT yet. I would call Roy Cats at 425-353-2287 (I bought my car from him). He always seems to have a connection.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Seattle Area Service

I've been very satisfied with Bowen Scarff Ford in Kent.

bg5512

GT Owner
Dec 21, 2006
I've been very satisfied with Bowen Scarff Ford in Kent.

What specifically have you had done there? Do you have a contact name?

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
GT Service

bg5512 --They have done quite a bit for me. Repairs, oil changes, tires etc. All with good results.

Contact is Debbie Russell @ 253-813-5028. The GT tech is Bryan Adams. He's been to all the GT training. Very methodical and neat, clean type of person. Extremely thorough and knowledgable.

Sent you a p.m. with my telephone numbers. Give me a call when you get a chance.

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
bg5512 --They have done quite a bit for me. Repairs, oil changes, tires etc. All with good results.

Contact is Debbie Russell @ 253-813-5028. The GT tech is Bryan Adams. He's been to all the GT training. Very methodical and neat, clean type of person. Extremely thorough and knowledgable.

Sent you a p.m. with my telephone numbers. Give me a call when you get a chance.

Did you get your halfshaft bolts/washers replaced there?

bg5512

GT Owner
Dec 21, 2006

Great info. Thanks! :thumbsup I'll be in touch.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Axle bolt Replacement

Did you get your halfshaft bolts/washers replaced there?

Yes they did do that for me. Mine broke. 2 Days in and out. Jeff

JAM-GT

GT Owner
Sep 29, 2005
GT service

I took mine to Ford of Bellevue for it's first oil change last month. They were very courteous and did a fine job with the service (which included a warranty replacement of a leaking power steering pump). It wasn't cheap, however. The oil change ran around $420 with tax. They did provide a free rental vehicle while they were working on it.

kageno

GT Owner
Jun 21, 2006
Kenmore WA
Ford of Bellevue

Ford of Bellevue has done excellent work on the power steering something-or-other on my GT (warranty-no charge)

Rotated my tires (left to right) for tracking - no charge

:But they charged me less than $200.00 for my oil change.... wonder what kind of Super Oil they used to lube Jam-GT?:biggrin

JAM-GT

GT Owner
Sep 29, 2005
Seattle Service

Hey Kageno,

Good question. I went to Ford of Bellevue based on your recommendation here in the Forum. When I mentioned the "special program" and the price that you had written, they looked at me like I was crazy and said that they had no knowledge of a special deal. I'll be very interested to know how much they charge you for your next oil change. If you get the special deal again, I'll wear a Kageno disguise the next time I go in. Can you post a photo of what you look like?

JAM

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
service

Guys:
Okay. I can't stand no mo!!!!!!
This will pbly sound d-u-m-b to some of you, but my curiosity is just KILLIN' me: WHY do you have a dealer change the oil on your GT's???? 'Not a criticism! Whatever floats yur boat! 'Just amazed people DO that! (Am I a "hick", er whut?)
Ever since the time (years & years ago) a dealership mechanic stripped the threads on the oil pan of a car of mine - without telling me by the way - I've done that lil' job (and a buncha others too) myself. That's one of the reasons I have a hoist. Unless the WARRANTY demands that the dealer do it - I do it myself. THEN if the work "goes south", I know 'zactly who's butt to kick.

Oil changes are not warranty work. Why have the dealer do it - especially you retired guys like me who are just LOOKIN' for something to do!:lol It seems like an unnecessary exposure to every Tom, Dick & Harry who wants to "touchy-feelly" and "sit-ty in-ny". Just the thought makes my skin crawl.

Just for "ha-ha's", those of you who've had WHATEVER work done on your GT's, stick your car up on a hoist sometime & "take a looky" at the underside. 'Betcha you'll see screws missin' from the belly pan(s) and a few scrapes & scratches CROSSWAYS on the pan(s) from dragging it across "whatever" getting it out from under ther car or puttin' it back. 'Pbly a dent, or "bend", (or two) on the corner edges of 'same as well from hitting the floor "corner first".

Taking ANY car to a dealer is pure trauma. Taking a GT? Fergiddaboutdit!

(Yup. Yur right. I'm about as anal as they come!!!!)
('Apologies for the momentary thread hijack here, KMCBOSS.)

Paronoid, Penny Pincher Pockets

Last edited:

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
DIY Service

MT Pockets -
one ought not to cast too many stones for the non-DIY'ers in the crowd.

I'm sure that JAM-GT, Kanego,bb5512 and all the others within 150 miles will be right up, with your "almost offer" to perform GT oil changes because you have the time, inclination and equipment.

Just kidding ya My Man. Or do you accept reservations? I'll be due sometime in April. Can you come down to Palm Springs, let's say late February, as I'll need an oil change prior to to my return? Or how about Daytona as I'll need an oil change there too. End of January day after the 24 works for me. Would pencil me in please.

Way back when -- April, I think - I had the first oil change at the dealership where I purchased my GT. Cost to me FREE. I did post something about this 6 hour enduro event. Even today it remains a fond memory of another GT first.

Your Friend in Renton:wink

kageno

GT Owner
Jun 21, 2006
Kenmore WA
Paranoid

Guys:

Oil changes are not warranty work. Why have the dealer do it - especially you retired guys like me who are just LOOKIN' for something to do!:lol
Taking ANY car to a dealer is pure trauma. Taking a GT? Fergiddaboutdit!

Paronoid, Penny Pincher Pockets

MT,

In the 1st place: sadly, not retired

In the second place: wouldn't even know where to put the oil. Spent ten minutes trying to turn off the rear view mirror light the other day before I realised the passenger door was ajar!

In the third place: Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
MT Pockets -
one ought not to cast too many stones for the non-DIY'ers in the crowd.

I'm sure that JAM-GT, Kanego,bb5512 and all the others within 150 miles will be right up, with your "almost offer" to perform GT oil changes because you have the time, inclination and equipment.

Just kidding ya My Man. Or do you accept reservations? I'll be due sometime in April. Can you come down to Palm Springs, let's say late February, as I'll need an oil change prior to to my return? Or how about Daytona as I'll need an oil change there too. End of January day after the 24 works for me. Would pencil me in please.

Way back when -- April, I think - I had the first oil change at the dealership where I purchased my GT. Cost to me FREE. I did post something about this 6 hour enduro event. Even today it remains a fond memory of another GT first.

Your Friend in Renton:wink

Jeff:
Danged straight! I'll accept appointments! AND I'LL DO IT FER LESS MUNY TOO! Jus' send me a PM with yur appmt requests!:cheers

And just HOW MANY MILES DO YOU PUT ON THAT THING ANYWAY, Jeff???!!!!!!!!! 'Appears you must be changin' oil on that car more often than I change socks! The owner's manual ( I know - who reads THAT) sez every 5K miles!:ack You must be "in the saddle"(no, Bony! Not THAT "saddle")24/7/365 to hit that "requirement" so often! AND YOU LIVE IN WASHINGTON!!!! So I KNOW you can't be out riding around THIS time of year at all! Shoot! YOU'RE STILL BIZZY TRYIN' TO GETCHER LITES BACK ON! So, you don't have the time for crusin' anyway! How do yuh do it? 'Got the car up on jack stands idlin' in 6th gear, do ya?

Ya! I hear yuh on that "free" oil change business. 'Been there DUNN that:rofl One way or another, the most expensive price you'll ever pay is the one labeled "free".

But, all "B.S." in the buckwheat, there has to be summa you guys who have a hoist & at least COULD do it your own darn selves just for "ha-ha's" ... isn't there?:shrug Or am I the only "street machine/hot rod/old school/built-a-car-or-two-myself" variety car nut in this group?:eek

Excuse me ... gotta run ... the butler is havin' a cow over SOMETHING...:wink

Perplexed Pockets

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
MT,

In the 1st place: sadly, not retired

In the second place: wouldn't even know where to put the oil. Spent ten minutes trying to turn off the rear view mirror light the other day before I realised the passenger door was ajar!

In the third place: Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you!

YOU DA MAN!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Now, THAT was funny!!!!!!!
Oh, man! I can't even see my monitor right now! 'Too blurry!
The mirror lite was priceless!

Pockets

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Drive em!

B'ham Man - I'm purty sure that you'd do a good job. Hell I'll even bring some beer to sip on, while I watch you bust a knuckle. The only car I change the oil on is my 510.

18,000 and counting. 14 states and 3 provinces. My GT gets me where I want to go. Car gets a bit dirty, then I clean it up.

BTW Road Trip 3 begins in two weeks. Seattle, Palm Springs, Daytona, Miami(maybe), back to Palm Springs, then home. End of March. Roughly 8,000 miles on the route planer.

So I need to get an oil change somewhere long the way. Talk about buyer beware.

Pretty much US 5 and US 10 the whole way. Gotta stay southerly this time of year. May have to do 101 and go coastal if the Sisikiou's are bad in southern Oregon.

The lights came on a while ago. House is still warming up. 27 outside right now. As you know we've gotten nothing but bad weather this year. Huge winds, rain, snow, bitter cold. Same as at your abode. Terrible.All time record setting. Thought I was in Nebraska or Oklahoma for a while.

Life is Good.

Happy New Year.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Life is Good.

Happy New Year.

Back atcha, Jeff!

Larry