GT School making a comeback…..Who’s interested?

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Ok Guys,

With Superfly and his buddies possibly covering 3 positions each day, Skyrex taking one of the second day spots and GTED picking up one of the first day slots. That leaves Bony to decide which day he'd like. That's four for one day and five for the other. This is getting very close to being a reality. My impression is that early March is the time of choice.

How is this all sounding to you folks?

Richard Hille
Hille Racing, Inc.
The GT School

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Perfect for me. Just post the date.

Gotta love those Canucks for coming so strong for both days. :thumbsup C'mon fellow members....represent the good old :usa and fill these remaining slots. :cheers

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Perfect for me. Just post the date.

Gotta love those Canucks for coming so strong for both days. :thumbsup C'mon fellow members....represent the good old :usa and fill these remaining slots. :cheers

Too late Sky, you're already an honorary canucklehead :biggrin

We finished our airport hangar photoshoot and it turned out better than expected. Got to shoot with some planes on the tarmac too.

My Brah-in-law brought my 911 and we had a silver one also. (mine's black). 2 grey Lambos (1 Murci and 1 G Superleggera), and of course, the stars of the show, the THREE GT's that will be travelling to Cali for the GT School.

I'll post some pics when I can get back to my computer, but just wanted to let you guys know.

Oh, and to confirm again that we three kings (of comedy??:biggrin) ARE confirmed, subject only to some firm dates (please do NOT take that out of context :lol!!), and also that early March is looking mighty fine!!! :thumbsup

OK, we're going for a nice long drive now.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
What a great drive!!!

Here's some of the pics that I promised above. Started a new thread so it's not a total hijack :thumbsup

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12645

GT4JR

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2006
Yorba Linda, California
School schedule

Guys, what the heck! Forgot about me? :lol
I am in for the 2 days of school driving! any day after end of Dec 08!

PS: Ralphie, thanks for the directions!

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Ok Guys,

With GT4JR signing on for both days that brings us REALLY close to the minimum of six students for each day. One more commitment for each day or one more two day participant and we can start to lock this in.

I have tentatively put a hold on March 9th and 10th for the first ever two day GT School.

Richard Hille
Hille Racing, Inc.
The GT School

and for those that are interested the stable includes:
2005 Ford GT #916 White w/Stripes (completely stock!!)
2005 Mercedes E55 AMG (School car) try to keep up....
2008 Chevy Silverado Diesel tow vehicle (love that Allison trans)
2008 Smart Car (for use at my open road race venues)
1998 SVT Cobra race only vehicle (550 rwhp)
1998 SVT Cobra street car (420 rwhp)
1996 Z28 Camaro Open Road Racer (703 hp) I've seen 216.9 mph
1969 Torino Talladega NASCAR stock car BOSS 429 powered!!! 700+ hp
1967 Mustang notchback Vintage Trans Am racer clone (500 hp 302)
1960 Ford Ranch Wagon hot rod (2 door full size wagon built by George Poteet for the 1997 Hot Rod Power Tour) 420 hp 351
(That works out to over 4700 hp or an average of 470 hp per vehicle...)

Last edited:

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
Date dependent, I am interested in the school.
I am not interested in the tire-wheel package.

Same for me!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Hello,
Which day for the long track? Tuesday would be better for me, I am only interested in the long track event. What is the start time, and the finish time. What about the rain? Thanks.
God Bless America,
daniel

Last edited:

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

Last edited:

ATM empty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Southern California
Add my name to the list for March - one day, I need to feel the limits of the tires and how to catch the rear end with over correcting

powergt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 17, 2006
Newport Beach, Ca.
Room for one more?

I would like to attend both days. How do I sign up? Willow Springs, turn nine is still a mystery to me.

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Well Gang,

It looks like we have enough students for another GT School. Are the two days I have mentioned working for everybody? March 9th and 10th, 2009.

Richard Hille
Hille Racing, Inc.
The GT School

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
:driving::party:club:banana:cool:lol:biggrin:rofl::bow:shrug:slap:box::sleep::tap::screwy::secret:
:tongue:skep:ack:rolleyes:willy:confused:rofl :dead::secret:

I felt a lot of emotions while this was getting set up!!!!! Either day works for me. Do you know which day is for which track yet?? As I have said before, thanks for setting this up. Definitely looking forward to this. Great way to start '09. :driving::cheers

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Skyrex,

Monday the 9th would be the Streets of Willow Springs and the skid pad for the more technical day of the School.

Tuesday the 10th of March would be the high speed portion of the School on the BIG track at Willow Springs.

This will give those that are doing both days the opportunity to get a really good feel for the basics of car control, limit of adhesion driving, before they get on the BIG track and start driving in the 140 - 150 mph range.

The fee for one day is $2,000 and for both days is $4,000. I will need a $500 dollar deposit for each day from each student ($500 for one day students, $1000 for two day students) to lock this in. As stated earlier, we need a minimum of six deposits for each day, but there is a MAXIMUM of eight students for each day. So, if everybody that has said they will come actually sends in a deposit there are just a few slots left open at this time.

Richard Hille
Hille Racing, Inc.
The GT School
(as seen on SPEED channel)

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Skyrex,

Monday the 9th would be the Streets of Willow Springs and the skid pad for the more technical day of the School.

Tuesday the 10th of March would be the high speed portion of the School on the BIG track at Willow Springs.

This will give those that are doing both days the opportunity to get a really good feel for the basics of car control, limit of adhesion driving, before they get on the BIG track and start driving in the 140 - 150 mph range.

The fee for one day is $2,000 and for both days is $4,000. I will need a $500 dollar deposit for each day from each student ($500 for one day students, $1000 for two day students) to lock this in. As stated earlier, we need a minimum of six deposits for each day, but there is a MAXIMUM of eight students for each day. So, if everybody that has said they will come actually sends in a deposit there are just a few slots left open at this time.

Richard Hille
Hille Racing, Inc.
The GT School
(as seen on SPEED channel)

Sky, THANKS for reviving the school!!! :cheers

Richard, THANKS for doing the school!!! :thumbsup

The three of us watched Supercars last night. (Kev, who just registered yesterday as Kifree, Nick, who had previously registered as Fast cars for Charity [but is likely going to register with a moniker] and myself) Richard, it was just all so exciting knowing that we're going to be doing this!!! :banana

Richard, I'll call you in a little bit to provide you with our deposits (3 people x 2 day school). We've pretty much booked our transport for the dates you've indicated, so now just need air tix and a hotel. Any suggestions for hotels guys (obviuusly parking facilities are somewhat of a higher priority than the hotel itself) :lol

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
:driving::party:club:banana:cool:lol:biggrin:rofl::bow:shrug:slap:box::sleep::tap::screwy::secret:
:tongue:skep:ack:rolleyes:willy:confused:rofl :dead::secret:

I felt a lot of emotions while this was getting set up!!!!! Either day works for me. Do you know which day is for which track yet?? As I have said before, thanks for setting this up. Definitely looking forward to this. Great way to start '09. :driving::cheers

Wow Tom, I had NO idea that there were this many smilies available!! I should use the "more" button!

:beer2::driving::secret::eek:ld:These are my new favourites!!! It's like the life cycle, live hard, play hard, get paranoid about the gov'ment and then become a wheelchair racer!!!:thumbsup

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Richard, I cannot find your phone number on the net (yes, it's early, and apparently I'm googley challenged...... :confused)

Would you mind PMing it to me so I can call you about GT School Deposits?

ATM empty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Southern California
Richard,

Likewise a PM with contact info and a one day deposit is on the way - jim

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Here is one for you 'Fly

:huge:

This is my face as I put my deposit in the mail to Richard today. Can't wait for March 10th. :thumbsup:banana:thumbsup:banana:thumbsup:banana

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Ok Guys,

All who have said they would like to be a part of the March 9th & 10th, 2009 GT School, check your private messages and then send me an e-mail. I will then send you a brochure that will explain just about everything you need to do and know before the School.

Richard Hille
The GT School