GT rocks Dallas

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
My old college roomate was in town and stopped in after 4 yrs. I told him to check out my new pad before i lose it.

He knew 4 yrs was enough time to see me upgrade my life.

First question was, what's your ride these days.....?

He saw my '73 Chevelle in college (mettalic avacado)....and my conservative iron for 15 yrs after.

Well, the GT packs a wallop when you tell folks you own it.

He lives in Dallas, and just picked up a Porsche Carrera S. He said at night you'll see plenty of Porsches, Ferrari, Gallardos, etc. But, there is only one dark blue GT. When it shows up, there is a low rumble of respect from all....and many a valet manager reorders the front lineup.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
That's a fact... they've never parked mine in back.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Well, the GT packs a wallop when you tell folks you own it.

'Absolute gospel. It does. And then some.

There were a couple of classmates at my class reunion this past August who knew I had bought a GT and, upon seeing I hadn't brought it to the reunion, demanded (no lie. they DID.) that I go back home AND GET IT. After 2 or 3 hours of being hounded about it ( ALSO true), I went back home, got it, and brought it down there for a bit.

It was interesting to see the reactions, I must admit. Including the silent, but very obvious, "He's showin' off", reactions that I had predicted and because of which I'd left the car home in the first place. But THOSE were suprisingly few. I was actually pleasantly surprised at that. MOST people enjoyed seeing it & were very sincere in their "congrats" over the purchase.

And there wasn't a soul there who didn't LIKE the car. MOST said they wished it were in THEIR garage...including a few of the gals!:thumbsup

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
Not sure if I'll drive mine to the next reunion or not... lots of car guys were in my high school class of 1973, several have had their share of success, but I doubt if any own an FGT.

btw... I took my sweetie to breakfast this morning at one of the local cafes here in East Texas, it is a beautiful cool, clear, crsip, day over here today.

The kitchen staff loved the GT....
mardyn

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Not sure if I'll drive mine to the next reunion or not... lots of car guys were in my high school class of 1973, several have had their share of success, but I doubt if any own an FGT.

btw... I took my sweetie to breakfast this morning a one of the local cafes here in East Texas, it is a beautiful cool, clear, crsip, day over here today.

mardyn

So, you see why I left mine home initially instead of driving it to the reunion, right?!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup

Did "your" kitchen staff come out with cell phone cameras in hand too?:lol

See? It's the same ALL OVER!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Kave

GT Owner
Nov 13, 2006
The Ford gt exudes coolness, not arrogance. Its the James Dean of automobiles.(it that makes any sense.)

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX

btw... I took my sweetie to breakfast this morning at one of the local cafes here in East Texas, it is a beautiful cool, clear, crsip, day over here today.

mardyn

I doubt if any of my class of 73 mates have one either. The most likely to succeed manages a stereo shop.

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
[edit] "I took my sweetie and my GT to breakfast...."[edit]

and not to get off topic, but...

One of my favorite things about owning my GT...
When visiting with admirers of my car, they quickly discover that I'm just a regular guy, who happens to own a very cool car. I talk to 'em all just like they've got one too...

I used to tell my guys that worked for me... when that (any) customer walks in the door, no matter what they look like, race, color or creed, you treat 'em like they are the richest, most important client we have... it worked well for my business, and I find it works well in many aspects of life these days.

People like to feel important..

mardyn

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Full disclosure: I got a soft soft for Texas.

-Mom is a San Antonio Belle
-Parents met at Halloween mixer at Fort Sam Houston
-Uncle is Lt. Col. (Ret.) in Army; got me Lunch at Officers Club at Lakeland
-3 Cousins stationed in Army (TX)
-3 Generations in Texas A&M
-All Aggies...
-Favorite Texan quote: "If you are so smart, how come you aint rich"
-Texans got it good: delicious food, excellent women, and style (Neiman Marcus no less)

I guess that made me buy American Iron and date blondes.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
[QUOTE

they quickly discover that I'm just a regular guy, who happens to own a very cool car. I talk to 'em all just like they've got one too...

People like to feel important..

mardyn[/QUOTE]

AMEN!!!!!!!! 'Zackly!!

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
I guess that made me buy American Iron and date blondes.

:cheers

That is great!

I did the same thing except I married my blonde :banana

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
So, you see why I left mine home initially instead of driving it to the reunion, right?!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup

Did "your" kitchen staff come out with cell phone cameras in hand too?:lol

See? It's the same ALL OVER!!!!!!!

That even happens in Italy, exactly the same! Normal venue operations are disrupted, 'The chef has left the kitchen !' :thumbsup

everetto

GT Owner
Sep 4, 2006
Desert Southwest
Class of '73....

Me too, so there are several of us around here from that time. Additionally, two good buds (who also own GTs, and are members of this forum) are from class of '72.

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Me too, class of 72. Never went to any class reunions though.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
That even happens in Italy, exactly the same! Normal venue operations are disrupted, 'The chef has left the kitchen !' :thumbsup

Yup! Exactly!

Like I said on one one of these threads someplace, I don't know if the REST of the restaurant's patrons appreciate the "delay" in their breakfast orders, but...

(Actually, most of THEM are also looking at the car thru the restaurant's windows ...so, I don't imagine it matters much anyway! :biggrin )

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
Mardyn, I just spent three days in Tyler, Longview, Kilgore area, where are you? Didn't see any GT's, but yesterday was certainly gorgeous. Glad ya'll got some rain last week!

I took the GT to one of my favorite restaurants last week; the owner won't seat me unless I bring the GT (Ha!). Anyway the waiter brought the check then disappeared! I couldn't find anyone to let me pay, so i got my date and we walked out, only to find the entire staff huddled around the GT! The place was pretty full too! Took another 15 minutes before we could leave, so everyone could sit inside, pop the clamshell, etc. I offered to give rides but my date gave me the evil eye so I said maybe next time.

I know, everyone has a million of these stories just thought I'd post one of mine.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Boy look at all the old army boys that show up :rofl

Sorry had to do it..name says it for itself but the class is '94 :)

Matt

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mardyn, I just spent three days in Tyler, Longview, Kilgore area, where are you? Didn't see any GT's, but yesterday was certainly gorgeous. Glad ya'll got some rain last week!.

You should have posted a notice you were coming. IMA GT (Carl) from around Gilmer came down to Longview in his Heritage and we went out to lunch. It would have been a good opportunity to meet another GT owner.

PM me if you come back sometime and we'll try to get together.:thumbsup

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
Yea, give us a little notice next time... you probably came out I-20, I'm just off I-20 near Canton, TX. Let us know when you're coming back our way.

mardyn

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
I sure will, I'm supposed to go fishing with some friends on the Lake Fork parking lot in March/April during the spawn... :lol