i will keep you all advised

sam
#1451 red/white

redwhitestripes

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2006
DUBAI UAE
Too far away to join !

Hi,please don't forget to take pictures and videos for us who would love to join but can't because we are living too far away from the states.

StuM

GT Owner
Dec 10, 2005
SoCal
Way-ta'go!

Nice work men. Now I need to see if my business schedule allows me to get free. Also, the wife and I will have to plan the "luggage" compartment packing veeeeeeeeeeery carefully. Let's see, share a toothbrush, wear no underwear, stick shaving gear in engine compartment, one change of cloths behind the seats, same shoes for 4 days, ......... :lol

Also, just bought the GT glass block. It's unique. Mostly correct, but the side view is a bit of mix between the GT and GT40.
Finally, I haqve GT shirts, hats, chrome license plate frame, the glass block and several die-cast models. Yet, I lack a good poster. The Ford online shop and my local dealers say "not available". Anyone know where I can gind one?

Thanks and :rofl drive well.
StuM

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Posters

There have been numerous posters on e-bay for cheap money. I got mine early by luck from dealership, so they are in perfect shape. Had both (red/white, white/blue with features) framed but cost $100 a piece for framing and glass. If you google the net, some other types of posters are out there, but they seem to be going fast. Most dealerships didn't get many and the staff took much of them with no thought to customers. I also happened to order one of the last red Mattel GT's from Ford in the plastic showcase. There really isn't much paraphenalia out there. WalMart has blue/white stripe Ford GT baseball caps for $10.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Traveling with wife

I thought you were going to trailer your car? Anyhow, put her on a plane with all the luggage. It's a 500 mile trip for me from St. Louis, but all those hours alone in a nice car - priceless!

HJP

GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 13, 2005
Chicago
StuM,

I think the 2006 brochure is designed to be a poster on one side.

DBK,

You should have received my registration today. Thanks!

GTJoey,

Nice work. Love the enthusiasum, can't wait to meet. You remind me of friends from my trading days on the merc floor.

:cheers

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
ebay, more then occcassionaly has the posters for sale

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
was just thinking
maybe when we get closer to the event of the century, someone could write a note to the detroit newspaper which has a large daily auto new section, about our ralley
i would think this will speak volumns when ford exec's read it in their own local newspaper !!!!!
just a thought

sam
#1451 red/white

http://www.detnews.com

ps--another thought
maybe dave can start a thread with a list of all the people that send back the forms to him, with a weekly update ????

Last edited:

StuM

GT Owner
Dec 10, 2005
SoCal
Posters - thanks

Thanks guys. I'll try eBay. You're correct re the dealers. I told mine, with so many posters hanging in each salesman's cubby they should be able to give me at least one. But nooooooooooo, we wouldn't want to offend the poor salesmen. (Who will probably have moved on or been fired within 6 months anyway!)
I have the 05 and 06 brochures so I'll fashion something to fill my needs in the meantime and/or have one of my personal pix blown up.

Live to drive,
StuM

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'm going to start an access database on monday once the forms begin rolling in. I got 3 overnighted today. I'll update the group on how many, from where, etc are coming every week or so.

Just to note, it'll make it much easier if people only bring the bare crew with them. I don't want to sound like a party pooper, but if people come with 4 people that intend to tour, that may end up cutting out some poor old GT owner if we fill up fast!

I'll also definitely talk to the Detnews and probably Automobile and C&D to see if they'd like to cover it. Automobile does really great pieces on stuff like this. I have a feeling a few Ford execs won't have to read it in the paper, as they may be stopping in personally....

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
great job dave
sounds like you are on top of it all
if i can be of any help, let me know

sam
#1451 red/white

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I'm in... Can't wait to return to Detroit! The birth place of two of my favorite cars!

RickM

GT Owner
Oct 15, 2005
Boise, ID
:thumbsup Form went into the mail today! :thumbsup
Can't wait! :banana :banana
Anyone else going from the NW?

-RickM (2005 Red/White #2032)
:willy

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Rick, will call you when i get the forms , then tell you whos in the area. thanks gtjoey 1314 :thumbsup

GT350H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 3, 2006
Portland, Oregon
RickM said:
:thumbsup Form went into the mail today! :thumbsup
Can't wait! :banana :banana
Anyone else going from the NW?

-RickM (2005 Red/White #2032)
:willy
My GT will be delivered in Portland in early April. At this point, I plan on attending. I am also interested in knowing if others from the NW will be transporting their cars.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
DBK, Any further word from the Ritz-Carlton on rooms for the Wixom end-of-production event? Of interest would be what rooms are available, pricing, parking for the cars, etc... Thanks for your efforts to coordinate all the details and am looking forward to the get together.

valart

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2006
Madrid, SPAIN
Registration filled out and sent today.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
DBK did you get my registration? I sent it about 3 weeks ago..but haven't seen my user on the map yet... :( do I not get to come..I already have the hotel...

Matt

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Sorry, I've been so busy I've neglected to update the map completely. Got your stuff 427! :cheers Come next week, my schedule frees up significantly, so I'll be giving the site some much needed love!

valart

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2006
Madrid, SPAIN
Ritz Hotel reservation confirmed.

I hope I won't be the only one from Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.