GT Pictures from Road America ALMS Race

AJK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Saw the GTs run at Road America. Here are a few pics. Black Swan finished 10th in class and 24th overall. Robertson was 12th in class, 40th overall.

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Nice pics :thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
watched the race on tv,

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Was the Robertson Team able to up the horse power since the Florida race in the spring?

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nice pics, thanks for posting. I wonder why the GTs are doing so poorly in the USA while in Europe they've been contenders. :frown

D

Deleted member 2175

Nice pics, thanks for posting. I wonder why the GTs are doing so poorly in the USA while in Europe they've been contenders. :frown
The war going on between Ferrari and Porsche has made it really tough for everyone else to keep up. Don't look for things to get any better with BMW joining soon with all their money and technical capabilities. The ALMS series is on a roll and gaining more momentum every race. :thumbsup

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
My understanding is that the GT1 class is allowed the most mods / variation from production cars. The GT2 is a step below that (allowed modifications, but not crazy ones), and the GT3 class are street cars with their original production parts that just are race prepared (ie, roll cage, fire extinguisher, removed seat / emptied out, harness, etc).

Because Matech’s Ford GT’s race in the FIA GT3 series and Doran’s Ford GT’s race in the ALMS GT2 class of their series, could it be that the GT’s are just more competitive leaving them closer to production than trying to compete in the more modified class? Just a thought. Perhaps someone with more knowledge can help out here??

86blackwidow

Mar 10, 2008
Ventura,ca
Nice pics.

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
My understanding is that in Europe the GTs were let off their leash so to speak without restrictions in the production class and kicking a$$ as a result. The drivers in Europe are supposedly better...what I've been told anyway not my opinion necessarily.

In the ALMS the cars don't even have stock engines are are naturally aspirated being restricted with air restrictors on top of it. Word was the ALMS did not want the GT running away with things...not good for the series and all that. Personally I think its :bs In fact the Panoz team is being allowed to run with less retriction then the GTs despite same displacement. Why??? Who knows. More :bs

Anyway, I haven't seen an update on FGT TV in awhile. without better results coming soon will sponsorship dry up for the FGTs in the ALMS??? What a shame. The FGT are world beaters if they just let them off the leash and let them run.

That my read on it for whatever its worth.

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
Apples & Oranges....

My understanding is that the GT1 class is allowed the most mods / variation from production cars. The GT2 is a step below that (allowed modifications, but not crazy ones), and the GT3 class are street cars with their original production parts that just are race prepared (ie, roll cage, fire extinguisher, removed seat / emptied out, harness, etc).

Because Matech’s Ford GT’s race in the FIA GT3 series and Doran’s Ford GT’s race in the ALMS GT2 class of their series, could it be that the GT’s are just more competitive leaving them closer to production than trying to compete in the more modified class? Just a thought. Perhaps someone with more knowledge can help out here??

Matech and Doran's FGTs are very different animals. Check out the specs. GO BLU.......

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
As always great pics. :cheers