GT Performance mods

Texan

GT Owner
Jun 5, 2006
Houston, Texas
I would like to welcome myself I just bought a Tungsten GT and have searched the threads here looking for performance upgrades for the GT.

I have found here listed http://www.dallasmustang.com and I have also found searching the internet Roush smaller supercharger pulley kit http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=604

My question is I was talking to guy out of California that you can do a PCM recalibration in conjuction with the pulley kit and get an extra 100HP for under $2000.

The pulley is a must have so what other tuning tips should I go out of the gate.

Since my GT put a good dent in Ass National Bank I would like to keep it under $2000 to start off.

Thank you all in advance for your ideas and experiences.

Best wishes

Tex

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Welcome, you bought a great car. Put your cards face up, we know most of the tuners and if you advise us of the whose, wheres, whats, and how much we can comment further.

Texan

GT Owner
Jun 5, 2006
Houston, Texas
Bony,

Thanks for the welcome, can you put me touch with a GT tuner in the Houston Texas area?

I would greatly appreciate it.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Texan said:
Bony,

Thanks for the welcome, can you put me touch with a GT tuner in the Houston Texas area?

I would greatly appreciate it.

Greetings,
I personally don't know the Texas tuners, but I am sure some of the locals will post on this thread. Or... you can do a search and find what has already been said. If memory serves, there are a couple in your area. Good luck!
Cheers,
daniel

kosupply

GT Owner/Board of Directors
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 27, 2006
Houston
tuners..

Hennessey has a "GT700" which is 660 RWHP...includes pulley,computer, Ford Racing Headers, and exhaust...be concerned about engine temps with any mods...car already runs hot...do you know about www.msrhouston.com?? We have a place to really drive this car. I think you will find the car has plenty of power...the problem is how do we keep the power to the ground and the heat issue..

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
The hot tuners are from florida....

Heffner, Doug Levin, Larry Mercado, & the tuner that did Pinko's car.

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
As far as I know there are only two cars tuners that have gotten GT's into the 10's in the 1/4 mile. Stage 6 in Florida and Accufab in California.

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
I think Heffner's TT will easily run 10's if it hasn't already.

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
I agree, I just haven't heard that the car has been run hard yet. And until it does, it hasn't.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Strictly Performance built an 03 cobra that last I heard turned 8.3. I think they are a diablosport shop. They are near the Hobby Airport.

Texan

GT Owner
Jun 5, 2006
Houston, Texas
Thanks for all the feedback!

I have ordered the SVO headers and muffler.

I will order the pulley and let everyone know how it turns out.

Tex