GT Oil and Coolant Leak

GTx

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2006
Mansfield, Texas
Well folks I have renamed my GT the GT-M (for a GT that was built on a Monday).
I had noticed a small pool of liquid under the car (which has less than 200 miles on it). I placed the car on stands and removed the aero pans to get access to the bottom side of the engine compartment. When I removed the front pan I was greeted with a broken zip tie and a fair amount of coolant. After an inspection and running the engine I found the cause. The zip tie was supposed to hold an oil/coolant hose away from the pullys on the front of the engine. When it broke the hose rubbed against the belt until it pierced it resulting in the leak. You may want to do a visiual inspection of your vehicle to prevent the same occurring to you.

While I could see the complete compartment I did a full visual inspection. In addition to the above issues I discovered the following:

1- My a/c evaporator is also leaking fluid
2- Some of the lines were not inserted into the plastic guides
3- There was some extra hardware (screws) floating around in the engine bay. I have not located where they came from

I STRONGLY encourage all of you to take some time and do a detailed inspection of your engine compartment. I am sure that some of you are like me in that your cars were not purchased to be trailer queens and are driven like Ford showed in the TV commercials touting their performance.

I am going to contact my dealer to find out what the next step is and will update the group.

Attachments

• DSCN0436.JPG
    DSCN0436.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 68
  • DSCN00440.JPG
    DSCN00440.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 66
  • DSCN0437.JPG
    DSCN0437.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 68