GT Joey's '56 Ford Ranch Wagon

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
'56 Ford Ranch Wagon

Guys, This car took over 6 years to build and before it goes to Mecum auctions next spring, I am offering it to anyone on the forum. This car has over $150,000 in it, and an R&P interior. In the last 10 months, it has won over 10 national awards. It was in street rod magazines, also won the prestigious black jacket/best in show at the PA Autorama.

PM me for details!

1956 Ford Ranch Wagon (11).jpg1956 Ford Ranch Wagon (10).jpg1956 Ford Ranch Wagon (6).jpg1956 Ford Ranch Wagon (7).jpg56 Ford Ranch Wagon Engine Bay 1.jpg

SPECS: All work was done By Creative Rod and Custom with the exception of the Interior. Body has Stainless Steel Bolts throughout

Chassis- Fatman Fabrications, Mustang II Front Suspension, 4 Link Rear Suspension with a 6" Currie(Enterprises)Rear, 4 Wheel Power Disc Brakes, Power Rack and Pinion Steering, Front Sway Bar, Pro Shock Adjustable Coil Overs Front and Rear, Rock Valley Stainless Steel Gas Tank, Stainless Steel Brake and Fuel Lines, 2 1/4" Magnaflow Stainless Steel Exhaust System, Sanderson Headers, American Racing Torque Thrust Weels, 18x8 in the rear and 17x7 in the front, Nitto Tires, Frame was Powdercoated Semi-Gloss Black

Engine: GM Ramjet 350 Crate Motor, Gear Star 4L60 Overdrive, Billet Specialties Serpenine System, Griffin Aluminum Radiator

Body Modifications: Modified Window Openings with 1 piece Quarter Windows and 1 piece Door Glass. All factory trim was removed from body, Bear Claw Door Latches, 2005 Mini Cooper Door Handles, 2005 Rear Tailgate Liscense Plate Section, Custom Built Sheet Metal Firewall and Inner Fenders by CRK, 1956 Crown Victoria Tail lights, Rear Bumper was narrowed 1" on either side and moved 3/4" closer to the body, Front and Rear Bumper Bolts were removed/smoothed out, Custom Gas Door, after market Billet Aluminum Hood Latch Assembly, Chrome was done by Paul' Chrome Plating

Body and Paint Work: Done by Creative Rod & Kustom. PPG Base Coat/Clear Coat. Underside has a Spray On Truck Bedliner

Interior: RP Interiors Horseheads, NY. One-Off custom Leather Interior. Vintage Air climate control Air Conditioning, Flaming River Steering Column, Billet Specialties Steering Weel, Lokar Pedals, Custom Built Sheet Metal Dash Board by CRK, Classic Instrument Gauges, Pioneer Sound System, Power Windows

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
More photos

56 Ford Ranch Wagon Engine Bay 2.jpg1956 Ford Ranch Wagon (2).jpg1956 Ford Ranch Wagon (3).jpg1956 Ford Ranch Wagon (5).jpg1956 Ford Ranch Wagon (9).jpg

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Nice.... ya are soon going to need a bigger garage.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
VERY nice!!! Me likey mucho!!! :thumbsup:thumbsup

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Well done build.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Guys Richie Perez and I went to school together, He did cadzilla and all the rest, thats all leather hand sticthed. I saved this carcus from a friend in california 7 years ago..
Very rare 2 door ranch wagon....It started as a project with Nicholas my son and then took off into space.....
It has 15 miles on the complete build.....
You would be very surprised what I would take if it goes to good hands....
Im talking new taurus SHO territory.............
It doesnt have touch screen....which one would you take......enjoy......gtjoey1314

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Needs Ford Power.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Needs Ford Power.
I wanted that early fuelie look like the t bird, not only is the ramjet have it, Its 26 miles to the gallon,350 h.p., sealed control box, plug and play and with the rack and crossmember the chevy was SOOOOO easy to bolt in.....
Babe look how deep the reflection is on a 55 year old black car...............gtjoey1314

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I wanted that early fuelie look like the t bird, not only is the ramjet have it, Its 26 miles to the gallon,350 h.p., sealed control box, plug and play and with the rack and crossmember the chevy was SOOOOO easy to bolt in.....
Babe look how deep the reflection is on a 55 year old black car...............gtjoey1314

No question, Car is off the chart spectacular. The only reason I suspect you are selling is cause you want an Aston Martin a little more. I know how expensive it is to build a car like that.

I am a Ford Die hard. :willy

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Joey....I'm hurt. Are you calling 2112 to bump your thread. I thought we were friends. You didn't use those cheapass Ford GT guages in the 56 did you? Prolly not since you are quality all the way.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Needs Ford Power.

I KNEW that was coming! But, you're not one of the 3 people I thought for sure would bring it up! :lol

Flatrod

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
Really nice car, just got the wrong engine...

Its a nice engine... for a 56 Chevy!

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Interesting thing I have noted in my brief stint in the car business...You see the small blck Chevy powering all kinds of vehicles incuding Fords....but rarely see a Ford engine in a Chevy...hmmm..I'm just saying.....yeh, yeh, clears the crossmember better, oil pan is positioned better......maybe....but I think it speaks a lot in favor of the Chevy smallblock. I love that engine.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Interesting thing I have noted in my brief stint in the car business...You see the small blck Chevy powering all kinds of vehicles incuding Fords....but rarely see a Ford engine in a Chevy...hmmm..I'm just saying.....yeh, yeh, clears the crossmember better, oil pan is positioned better......maybe....but I think it speaks a lot in favor of the Chevy smallblock. I love that engine.

Not only what you mentioned, but, in GENERAL their parts are mucho cheaper too due to the heavier demand for mouse motors.

That said, one CANNOT beat the Ford for access to the distributor in cramped spaces! The engine can be set back 3/4ths of the way into the passenger compartment and one can STILL easily access the darn thing!!!!!!!!!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Not only what you mentioned, but, in GENERAL their parts are mucho cheaper too due to the heavier demand for mouse motors.

That said, one CANNOT beat the Ford for access to the distributor in cramped spaces! The engine can be set back 3/4ths of the way into the passenger compartment and one can STILL easily access the darn thing!!!!!!!!!

I like the way the Chevy water pumps are mounted vs. the Ford. On a Ford the cam chain cover is sandwiched between the water pump and block. Change the water pump you may have to reseal the cam cover which then requires you to drop the oil pan! On a Chevy just 4 bolts with gaskets to the block.

How do I know. I was dumb enough to let a friend use my garage to swap a water pump a 1 day job ended up have the car in my garage for 4 days!

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
This one I don't have to bump. I saw it in person. Car is gorgeous.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Could be sold........enjoy gtjoey1314

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Okay, last chance anyone else, I cant find Rick, it will be At Mecum in the spring, for alot more..........call or pm for details...........gtjoey1314

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Joey....I'm hurt. Are you calling 2112 to bump your thread. I thought we were friends. You didn't use those cheapass Ford GT guages in the 56 did you? Prolly not since you are quality all the way.

So what product are you using to alleviate the chafing on your knees?

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
You know that would be the perfect "FAMILY HAULER"...:biggrin gtjoey1314