GT is gone

jimfro

GT Owner
Jun 20, 2006
Sebring, Florida
I have sold my GT to a local owner who now has two great GT's. I have enjoyed reading the posts, this a great group of owners who have fun and are civil to each other I will miss not being a member. The GT is the greatest american car ever produced. Thanks to all those people at Ford, SVT, etc for making my dream come true.:cheers

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Why did you sell?

jimfro

GT Owner
Jun 20, 2006
Sebring, Florida
The car came too late in my life, the dream of having one was greater than the reality of actually owning one. I live in an area were you really can't enjoy the performance of the car and going to Walmart wasn't my idea of a great ride. I enjoyed looking at it just sitting in the garage but
these cars are meant to be driven. Just showing it off isn't my style so I let it go.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
We will miss you!

Tell your local guy to come visit the forum.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
The car came too late in my life, .

Appreciate your candor.

So much of life is enjoying the moment. I purchased at 37 (now 38) and am glad I did....as a long deserveds reward....life will deal you a host of cards that will make such purchases hard to rationalize in retrospect and plenty of people to tell you otherwise as well.

Put the $$$ proceeds to fun use.

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
Sad you decided to sell...

I've driven mine to Walmart several times... have to be careful where you park as the little blue haired old ladies don't care what they bang their door or cart into...

One of my greatest enjoyments is walking by my GT each morning as I go out through the garage.

Don't be a stranger around here....

Good luck
mardyn

Aug 25, 2006
I agree; this is a great Forum supported by wonderful people share a common passion.

That fact that you spent some time with the gal and shared with us is a large reason why this Forum is what it is.

By all means stop by and say hello from time to time.

Never regret where you have been but rather those places you elected not to go.

I for one am very happy that you made the GT a part of your life.

You take care

Shadowman

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Please stick arround and thanks for your great support of TRF!:thumbsup

sharp33

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2006
Rochester, NY
I agree; this is a great Forum supported by wonderful people share a common passion.

That fact that you spent some time with the gal and shared with us is a large reason why this Forum is what it is.

By all means stop by and say hello from time to time.

Never regret where you have been but rather those places you elected not to go.

I for one am very happy that you made the GT a aprt of your life.

You take care

Shadowman

Great words of wisdom Shadowman :thumbsup

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
Great words of wisdom Shadowman :thumbsup

Mucho dittos :thumbsup

M

Mark O

In 10 years I'll be the same age as you are now. Is this what I have to look forward to?!?!?!?!?! Dayum. :ack

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
In 10 years I'll be the same age as you are now. Is this what I have to look forward to?!?!?!?!?! Dayum. :ack

I hope not ................ I'll be there too:rofl

jimfro

GT Owner
Jun 20, 2006
Sebring, Florida
I can almost guarentee that what is important today probably won't be ten years from now. If you have kids they will probably be grown and I will bet as much as you want then to be around they will just like we did want to go there own way. Life is truly a cycle we are all on a one way ride just at different parts of the circle. My first and trustest love has been aviation, airplanes and the people who share this passion is one love I will never outgrow.

SuperGTman

May 23, 2007
I don't understand the sell .... you live at one of the greatest tracks in Florida. In less 60 minutes you could be in Orlando and a 1.5 hours to Tampa and less time to the East coast.