GT in Scotsdale

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 19, 2007
Frankfort Ill
There is a Black GT in Scotsdale on ebay right now. Does anyone know anything about it or the dealer? Any input would be appreciated.

Steve Malcom

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
If you are talking about the black NO stripe 850 mile car, last I checked, they wanted like $225k or so for it. It has been listed on ebay for about the last few months. Several times now it has been listed and nothing ever seems to happen. Other than this, I know NOTHING. Looks to be a pretty good car, but that opinion was made from me seeing the same pictures you are. I can run a FREE carfax on it for you and also get a Ford Warranty report on it also....

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 19, 2007
Frankfort Ill
Thanks Shelby. I guess I have missed it being listed before. Maybe he started the bids higher before? I'm hoping for some local feedback. Seems to be a large group of car guys out there.

Thanks,

Steve

PS

It is clearly a driver I'm shopping for. You are not forgotten, but I have to look at the loose ends.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Craig Jackson (Barrett-Jackson) has one there. Maybe it's his.

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
If you are talking about the black NO stripe 850 mile car, last I checked, they wanted like $225k or so for it. It has been listed on ebay for about the last few months. Several times now it has been listed and nothing ever seems to happen. Other than this, I know NOTHING. Looks to be a pretty good car, but that opinion was made from me seeing the same pictures you are. I can run a FREE carfax on it for you and also get a Ford Warranty report on it also....
That is correct,in addition the motor was supposedly removed and rebuilt(balanced and blueprinted) the factory warranty that is remaining is for the the rest of the car and does not include the motor.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
wonder why the motor was pulled... something sounds off, no reason to blue print these motors, they are jewels...

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
If anyone is serious about the car, I am sure come of us locals could take a look.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 19, 2007
Frankfort Ill
I'm serious at $160. Not so much at $225.

Steve

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
You will not find a black with no stories for $160k...

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I'm serious at $160. Not so much at $225.

Steve

Straight talk? You'll not be an owner @ $160K. Seriously.

'Not tryin' to give you a hard time, sir. 'Just stating the facts of todays mkt.

(Right now I'd pay about $160K for a PC that can POST something in less than 3 days...)

FLGT

Oct 16, 2006
SW Florida
Black Car on Ebay

FYI. I spoke with the man who did the work on the car. He said he drove the car for around 6 months breaking it in and ran it very hard for some test numbers. Also a mustang mag used it for some test numbers also. He put over 400 miles on it running it in. Changed the cams and some other engine work. It sounds like it is very fast, but I would be a little worried about the engine lasting long term with the high HP numbers it is running. With it only reading 800 miles the owner has not used it much. It still looks really nice. He said the owner spent just over 20K on modifications with him. I think 225K is very high.

Last edited:

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
$160k is not an option. I have made 3 offers in the very high $100's to which the guy was not even remotely interested. He told me $220k+. My offers were made a couple months ago. In light of the new info that has been brought up, I would have to go take a close look at the car before I purchased it.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 19, 2007
Frankfort Ill
Back to the original question. I didn't expect to buy the car with those mods for $160. Niether would I pay $225. No one else is in a hurry to buy it at $225 either. It is relisted and I don't think it even got a bid on the last auction. The starting bid was $160. That is what got my interest. I am not specifically looking for a black car. This one happens to be black. I am looking for a driver that can have mods and miles. I said exactly that in a very early post. The seller says it is a perfect car that has never been damaged and it is not Craig Jackson's car. At this point, this is all I have really found out about the car. The seller has my info. Several no story cars are available at $180-$185.

Thanks,

Steve

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Back to the original question. I didn't expect to buy the car with those mods for $160. Niether would I pay $225. No one else is in a hurry to buy it at $225 either. It is relisted and I don't think it even got a bid on the last auction. The starting bid was $160. That is what got my interest. I am not specifically looking for a black car. This one happens to be black. I am looking for a driver that can have mods and miles. I said exactly that in a very early post. The seller says it is a perfect car that has never been damaged and it is not Craig Jackson's car. At this point, this is all I have really found out about the car. The seller has my info. Several no story cars are available at $180-$185.

Thanks,

Steve

I agree 100%

sandiegored

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2006

Sent you a PM.

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
FYI. I spoke with the man who did the work on the car. He said he drove the car for around 6 months breaking it in and ran it very hard for some test numbers. Also a mustang mag used it for some test numbers also. He put over 400 miles on it running it in. Changed the cams and some other engine work. It sounds like it is very fast, but I would be a little worried about the engine lasting long term with the high HP numbers it is running. With it only reading 800 miles the owner has not used it much. It still looks really nice. He said the owner spent just over 20K on modifications with him. I think 225K is very high.

I am pretty sure I know this car. If it is the one I am thinking of I would not worry too much about built to last. It was built with that exact purpose in mind from what I know. Plus the cams sound badass and made big power without as much need for huge boost. The mag did the testing on an engine dyno. maybe one of the few in the world (outside of Ford/Roush)that has ever been measured this way. Now what it's worth is a different story. At a fair price I would not have been afraid of it any more than another whipple powered car. Just my .02

Accufab

Mar 14, 2006
The car in question was built here at Accufab. The engine was removed to do several camshaft swaps and engine dyno testing for Muscle Mustangs magazine. Also done was testing on a Kenne Bell prototype blower system as well as the Whipple that is currently on the car. The engine made 880 hp on the engine dyno with the Whipple at 22 psi. All runs on the dyno were done under my supervision and tuned with the Motec 880 system that I use on my race car.

The car makes 710 hp at the tires on pump gas with a mild tune up and 16 psi. We can raise the boost and make 800 on 100 octane. The car simply runs amazing and sounds bad to the bone with the new cams. The car was driven aggressively to break in the clutch and test all aspects of the new combination. I have no concerns at all about the durability of this car and as of delivery to the customer it was absolutely in perfect condition.

The car has the following parts installed.
Comp Cams Accufab grind
Comp Cams valve springs
Autolite race plugs
Spec clutch
Lightened flywheel
Accufab X pipe
Accufab throttle body
Accufab rear axle bolt kit
Accufab radiator springs installed
Accufab GT air inlet
Accufab magnetic oil drain plugs
Accufab SCT flash tuner
Whipple supercharger

So for the asking price, who's to say what its worth other than it's probably one of the very few that I will ever do. The engine removal is quite a task. The car is fun and not for an inexperienced driver.

Please feel free to call me if you have any questions.
Thanks

John Mihovetz
Accufab Inc

Last edited:

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Sounds badass. Would love to know more about the cam work.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Recd an interesting email from the selling dealer who I removed from the forum. Send me an email and i will forward a copy. Then you can determine if they are the right dealer for you... Or not.

Automotive8r

Feb 8, 2007
The only bidder at the moment has 100% bidding w/ this seller in the last 30 days, on 3 different cars. Wow! What a coincidence.