GT Guy's coming to Maryland VIII 5/15-5/17

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I have a tentative date for the GT Guy's coming to Maryland VII (2014) set for May 15-17 as long as we get enough participation for the event it will happen again. We have decided to push the event forward a month so that we can try to avoid any cold snowy weather as this winter seems as if it is not going away anytime soon. For those locals and semi locals (NY, NJ, NC, Del, Va. etc..) who need short shifters, cars lowered, pulley and tunes, routine service, fluids replaced, oil pump belts, serpentine belts, alignments, Whipple installs, 30# boost gauges, air fuel gauges, bumper deletes, double dins installed (if you have one), back up cameras, sub woofer deletes, exhausts, body alignments, door adjustments etc.. Please let us know so we can get the list going and Rich can get the pricing for their work out to you.

Spectators Welcome!!!!

Moderators could you please put a sticky on this thread?

tiger 6

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 5, 2006
virginia
I'm in.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Look forward to seeing you again Steve. We have 6 cars signed up so far. Keep um coming!!

cobraownr

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2007
Annapolis, MD
Rich and Denis will be bringing my GTX1 with them when they come in for Maryland VIII. They picked it up at Maryland VII, so it's been gone for one year! Count me in.

Tomcat

GT Owner
Wow, I'm already signed up for GT Guy work at Carlisle. This sounds like a great time. I finished up my Navy career with Reserve time at Pax River.

SuperNova

GT Owner
Jul 4, 2013
Ashburn, VA
I'll be there, thanks again for hosting this awesome event!

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Wow, I'm already signed up for GT Guy work at Carlisle. This sounds like a great time. I finished up my Navy career with Reserve time at Pax River.

Come on down Tomcat even if it is just too hangout

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I'll be there, thanks again for hosting this awesome event!

Chris we look forward to it and I hope you have your list straight

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
I'm bringing the 15 Stang for a drag race with that Shelby! :wink

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I'm bringing the 15 Stang for a drag race with that Shelby! :wink

Your on!! LOL

freeflyer

GT Owner/ Forum Sponsor
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 12, 2007
Montana
We might be there, better change the date or your address....

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
We might be there, better change the date or your address....

I can move it to Montana for next month......LOL

freeflyer

GT Owner/ Forum Sponsor
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 12, 2007
Montana
That would work great.

Bornn66

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 25, 2010
Annapolis, Maryland
John
Hope it went well and sad I missed it. On the plane home now ��

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
No pictures to post?

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
THere will be pictures, just give John some time to get to it. Let me also thank him for another great gathering of the GT lunatics. I got the GT Guys to do the 30,000 mile service on my car, and install the spring perch adjusters. I'll mention it in the other thread, but let me also say that they replaced the axle/CV joint bolts and plate. I asked Rich to measure the release torque and it was about 40 ft-lbs on all 4 bolts (2 per side), and THEY WERE ORIGINAL BOLTS. No problems, not broken, not cracked (that I can see with a plain magnifying glass), perfectly good. I wanted them replaced anyway, because they already were in there, and they had the kit to do it. BUT, if you have more than say 10,000 miles on the car, and the bolts haven't failed by now, I can now make a pretty good mechanical engineering/materials argument to leave them alone.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Another great event again this year with mother nature doing her best to bring us plenty of sunshine during the day (although we had a good blast of rain on Saturday night with almost everyone taken care of by then). Rich and Denis did a great job with everyone's cars (as usual) and a couple new attendees left with huge smiles on their faces (Brian and Leo) enjoying their new GT Guy exhaust. Thanks to tiger6 (Steve D), KDOGT (Kevin O), Leo G, Carnut12 (Joe F), PeteS, PeteK, Supernova (Chris L), cobraonr (Don S), FordGT75 (Brian C and son Tom C), the Owings Mills crew, and also a huge shout out to our Saturday professional photographer Jason D from J Michael Gallery (pics to follow) for their support of this event and we hope to have event IX be just as successful as the last eight years has been. Thanks again to all!!!!

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
My crappy cell phone Pics

Attachments

• IMG_4762.jpg
    IMG_4762.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_4759.jpg
    IMG_4759.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 151