GT Guy's coming to Maryland VII

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I have a tentative date for the GT Guy's coming to Maryland VII (2014) set for April 11-13 as long as we get enough participation for the event it will happen again. We have decided to push the event forward a month so that we can try to avoid any cold snowy weather as this winter seems as if it is not going away anytime soon. For those locals and semi locals (NY, NJ, NC, Del, Va. etc..) who need short shifters, cars lowered, pulley and tunes, routine service, fluids replaced, oil pump belts, serpentine belts, alignments, Whipple installs, 30# boost gauges, air fuel gauges, bumper deletes, double dins installed (if you have one), back up cameras, sub woofer deletes, exhausts, body alignments, door adjustments etc.. Please let us know so we can get the list going and Rich can get the pricing for their work out to you.

Spectators Welcome!!!!

Moderators could you please put a sticky on this thread?

Last edited:

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Having been fortunate to participate in this last year, I can tell you it is not just a workshop. It is an event! And John's GTs and GT memorabilia collection, as well as his hospitality, are worth a journey.

SuperNova

GT Owner
Jul 4, 2013
Ashburn, VA
I'd love to attend, I'm going to be pulling the trigger around that time and am not sure if I'll be in 'spectator' or 'new owner' mode. Thanks for coming to this area!

auroacobra

Nov 3, 2013
nj
are they selling the products their and installing them or do you have to buy them ahead of time and help would be their to install them..i just bought a 2006 and would like to have a pulley installed

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
We will be bringing most of the parts that guys have ordered through us ahead of time. Just send me an email as to what you are thinking and we can work through it. richgtguy@gmail.com

Thanks again John for having us out again this year!!

are they selling the products their and installing them or do you have to buy them ahead of time and help would be their to install them..i just bought a 2006 and would like to have a pulley installed

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
I'll be there. just a warning!

mvultaggio

GT Owner
Nov 9, 2012
Where in MD will this take place.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Leonardtown MD

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Hello everyone………I just talked to Rich (GT Guys) today about our scheduled event and Rich tells me that there is a parts backorder problem on some of the parts needed that could cause last minute issues so we made a decision to move the date to 5/2 thru 5/4. If this causes any problems with those that have signed up then we will try to push it to the following weekend so let me know ASAP. If this helps anyone attend that couldn’t make the original date please contact Rich to have a quote worked up on your repairs as we still have a couple of spots open.

Thanks, John

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Hello everyone………I just talked to Rich (GT Guys) today about our scheduled event and Rich tells me that there is a parts backorder problem on some of the parts needed that could cause last minute issues so we made a decision to move the date to 5/2 thru 5/4. If this causes any problems with those that have signed up then we will try to push it to the following weekend so let me know ASAP. If this helps anyone attend that couldn’t make the original date please contact Rich to have a quote worked up on your repairs as we still have a couple of spots open.

Thanks, John

Maybe it will stop snowing by then.................

blackjadeboss

GT Owner
Feb 17, 2012
Where in Leonardtown? Part of a larger event?

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
We are all set 5/2-5/4 hope mother nature is kind to us.
If anyone else wants to get in at the last minute you will need to do so ASAP

Bill Briley

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2005
Valley Forge PA.
Yeah, what he said - - Where in MD. ??

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I am located in Leonardtown Maryland....just send me a PM if you decided to attend and I will get you the exact address

Tomcat

GT Owner
Man oh man...I did Navy Reserves for about 5 years in/around Pax River and would drive through Leonardtown (all before I had my GT).
I need to look closely at this event.

300 miles from Greensboro (where I live)...but I have a big charity event THAT weekend.

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
Thanks again John for having us out for the 7th year in a row. WOW has it been that long since you had us out the first time!! Maybe we will figure out how to do an oil change yet. LOL
If there is anyone that I have not got back with yet please send me an email richgtguy@gmail.com and I will see if we can get you on our list. As of now we are stopping in Owings Mills, MD on the way to John's for 3 cars and then at John's we are planning on another 11 cars. Looks to be another great GT get together.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
John and Rich: I just bought a GT today, and may be able to get to the Leonardtown shindig. What are the directions/address/etc.? Email me at pkurzenhauser@cox.net

Thanks, Pete Kurzenhauser

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Congratulations on the new car Pete. :cheers

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
John and Rich: I just bought a GT today, and may be able to get to the Leonardtown shindig. What are the directions/address/etc.? Email me at pkurzenhauser@cox.net

Thanks, Pete Kurzenhauser

PM sent

SuperNova

GT Owner
Jul 4, 2013
Ashburn, VA
Just wanted to double check, would this event be open to prospective owners? I'm looking to be pulling the trigger soon and would love to be an observer to the session and meet other local owners. Thanks!