GT Garage

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
I think we might tear it up and install radiant heat. It has some pretty substantial cracks running in 4 directions. Will decide what to do with the surface after that.

depending on cost you may want to just put a concrete overlay and polish it. I had pretty bad cracks in my concrete as well and didnt feel like tearing it up so i did that in my garage and I was pleased with the result. cost me about 1/3-1/4 the price of tearing it all up and doing it from scratch.

garage1.jpg

garage2.jpg

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
That looks killer!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
+1 I like the urban style, very minimal and industrial,

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Dave - looks like you have a nice space with a LOT Of potential. If you would like, I can show you what I did with my garage -
1. Cracks fixed and 'Ucoat IT " epoxy on concrete surface
2. small gas forced air heater with thermostat installed
3. 'boxed -in" ugly pipes and support posts
4. Matching blue 'yoga mats' installed on certain surfaces for door and ding protection
5. 3rd bay added
6. extra electrical outlets
7.hot and cold water and tub
8.floor-to-ceiling cabinets to hid a lot of 'stuff'

pop me an email if you would like to see...
andybenedict@att.net

ajb (Andy)

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
That looks awesome!!!!!!!!!

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
+1 I like the urban style, very minimal and industrial,

Thanks guys, its actually a warehouse in the city thats about 5 minutes from my place. Bought it from the bank about a year ago and redid the floors, sandblasted, painted, etc, etc. The signs are all original porcelain signs from the 1920s-50s. Eventually i'll get around to adding a poker table and a bar!:biggrin

Colton74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Very nice, I was debating polishing for my garage floor. Was there a lot of dust from the polishing? The garage is attached to my house and I am a little worried about the amount of concrete dust that might be created.

Also once it was polished what was put on the surface? Is it durable so far?

Again, that looks great!!

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
Very nice, I was debating polishing for my garage floor. Was there a lot of dust from the polishing? The garage is attached to my house and I am a little worried about the amount of concrete dust that might be created.

Also once it was polished what was put on the surface? Is it durable so far?

Again, that looks great!!

It's actually a concrete overlay that covered the existing (prepped) concrete surface, it was then stained the brown color, polished and then had a clearcoat put on top. so far its been very durable but its only been a year. No issues with water, heat, stains. On the dust, when they treated the original flooring there was some dust but it wasnt terrible and pretty localized. NOTHING compared to what sandblasting does...

Last edited:

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
one of my friends garage, he put down big tiles and obviously is in love with white, not my choice but he has got a nice warehouse garage too, and some of the cars not bad either !

cameraroll034-1.jpg

cameraroll032.jpg

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I think it's absolutely wrong that y'alls garages look better than my living room!

gtforme

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2009
Pretty cool that every garage shown has a white GT in it , go white

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
depending on cost you may want to just put a concrete overlay and polish it. I had pretty bad cracks in my concrete as well and didnt feel like tearing it up so i did that in my garage and I was pleased with the result. cost me about 1/3-1/4 the price of tearing it all up and doing it from scratch.

Wow. Really great job.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
one of my friends garage, he put down big tiles and obviously is in love with white, not my choice but he has got a nice warehouse garage too, and some of the cars not bad either !

And it always looks that clean. Not really the place to do an oil change.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
I didn't know there actually was another color?

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL

my GT is actually quicksilver...bad iphone picture!

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Silver, great looking space! Email sent.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
My garages......

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Shelby - is that your sweet carrera gt?

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
I think it's absolutely wrong that y'alls garages look better than my living room!
You and me both. I always enjoy looking at some of the garages you high rollers have but just accept the fact that my garage is a place to stores snowmobiles, lifts, snow plows, log splitters, router tables, air compressors, several bicycles & chain saws, and generally all things associated with either playing or working on things. I am jealous!

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Shelby - is that your sweet carrera gt?

It was. I sold it about a year ago.