GT Garage

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Soroush's garage photos have motivated me to clean up and begin preparing a total garage renovation in 2012. We moved in this house last year, so of course the garage was full of bins and boxes until last week. I shall embark henceforth on actually putting up my mountains of GT prints, posters, models, memorabilia etc. Got up the R6 and Fuel Injected vinyl banners courtesy of Not 4N and 2012 Calendar for the time being. Need to redo the ceiling, redo the floor, add a heat source, most likely tear out the old cabinets, replace the garage door, redo that nasty lookin pipe.

Ignore the yellow thing. Shelby Claus sent that up for Christmas for someone else. I just won't let Francesca park a slushy winter car next to the GT indoors, so I have extra space for storage. :lol

g1.jpg

g2.jpg

And this one just because it looks cool. Just before it gets dark, the skylight in the garage illuminates the GT just enough to view the contours of the top of the car. This is a damn good looking car!!!

g3.jpg

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Damn good looking car is right - sexy curves at dusk :thumbsup

Garage art looks awesome, can't wait to see more pics as spring comes closer.

:cheers
Trent

H

HHGT

Are you staining or epoxy coating the floor?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I think we might tear it up and install radiant heat. It has some pretty substantial cracks running in 4 directions. Will decide what to do with the surface after that.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Really cool start there Dave.
Thanks for sharing.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Good start. Already looking good with those two cars in there.... :)

The tool box is a nice touch. Makes people think you actually do some work on your cars :rofl

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I love the ceiling!

Ed

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I can't really get a good inside view but here is my outside view of my garage. I like it because I know you have a SHO & Raptor also.

PS I hope this isn't considered a hijack!

Attachments

• DSC_0002-01.jpg
    DSC_0002-01.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 666
H

HHGT

Me thinks Ed likes white vehicles or does not like to wash them often.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Me thinks Ed likes white vehicles or does not like to wash them often.

Ed does like white cars, but the Ranchero is baby blue and he does clean his cars a lot, but with the FGT never with water.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Is that your scooter next to the Lambo? What is it?

Garage projects are fun, enjoy!

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
And this one just because it looks cool. Just before it gets dark, the skylight in the garage illuminates the GT just enough to view the contours of the top of the car. This is a damn good looking car!!!

wheres the snowblower? ....and no bars on the skylight? Dave has gone suburbian - welcome.......

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
"yellow thing", classic....

+1 on radient! it is awesome!

Cool garage!! On your memobilia, I can only imagine what you have kicking around.......

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
I think we might tear it up and install radiant heat. It has some pretty substantial cracks running in 4 directions. Will decide what to do with the surface after that.
I've got a couple of these installed in my 20x20 4 car garage. I keep the thermostat at 50 degrees, and bump it up if I want to do some work. They're pretty effective at maintaining the temp, but are slow to raise the temp.
http://www.eheat.com/categories/Wal...nel-Heaters/?gclid=CMuw6tLgtq0CFcZM4AodzB1iQA

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Where are the amps and axes? Toolbox?

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
looks nice Dave, glad I was able to give you a kick in the butt :)

tiger 6

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 5, 2006
virginia
Dave,
When you are looking at alternatives for your floor, check on stamped concrete. It is inexpensive compared to other alternatives, easy to clean, and offers an infinite variety of patterns.

gtforme

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2009
Another option would be to tile the floor (ceramic tile) and use nu-heat matts below the tile , this will give you a great look , a wide range of tile colors , the option to replace a tile if something gets stained or broken and nu-heat mats give you the heat

You also dont have to do any demo to the existing floor , just be sure to use anti fracture membrame over the existing cracks prior to tiling

This is what i did on my garage floor

Attachments

• Man Cave Picture 001.jpg
    Man Cave Picture 001.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 604

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Another option would be to tile the floor (ceramic tile) and use nu-heat matts below the tile , this will give you a great look , a wide range of tile colors , the option to replace a tile if something gets stained or broken and nu-heat mats give you the heat

You also dont have to do any demo to the existing floor , just be sure to use anti fracture membrame over the existing cracks prior to tiling

This is what i did on my garage floor

That look real nice!

However I would never think about electric heat in CA. CA has a income redistribution pricing schedule were I pay upwards of $0.40 a KW/hr and its only going to get worst. Heating with natural gas is more cost effective.

planmgb

GT Owner
Jun 21, 2011
Dallas, TX
Love the pics

IMG_3035.jpg