GT for 142k

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
On ebay there is an 05 red GT with 800 miles that has a "buy it now" price of 142k, amazing.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Where? Item #?

If true the seller must not have been a member of this forum, I understand being registered here adds $20k to the value of your car and having one of Dr. Sims decals puts it well over $200k... :thumbsup :lol

k4site

Jun 15, 2006
Phoenix
These car are going to go down in price. Did it sell or is the auction over yet?

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
Is that price (142k) for real ? Someone told me there's another one at that same price in Dupont Registry ??? Down so soon ? It's b/c those fines 997TT and Z06s !!! Oh well...

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
ROCK said:
Someone told me there's another one at that same price in Dupont Registry ??? Down so soon ? It's b/c those fines 997TT and Z06s !!! Oh well...

Nope, just checked DuPont Registry-

The 7 cheapest GT's listed there all have miles, they range from 43miles through 2500+ miles:

6 of these cheapest GT's are priced $158-167K and the 7th one (the very cheapest) is priced at $149995 - it has 43 miles and is white with blue stripes.
This seems like a darned good price for a low mile car with stripes.

<<is that price for real (142K)>>
142K? Has it been in an accident or some other questionable history?

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
k4site

Hope you are not holding your breath waiting for the cars to go down, you may be waiting a long time. Production stops and they are awesome, I may even buy another one. So there is a market, you just may be out of it.

Private sellers may take anything depending on the condition of the car and their need to sell. I would not take one offering on ebay motors from an unknown seller with an undocumented "car", as an indication that these cars will be discounted in the future. Granted, the cars selling over 180K may be not there, but you won't find dealers selling this pieces of mechanical art at a discount.

Hope springs eternal, my friend and so does rumors of the demise of great things! :thumbsup

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
Purportedly I've got two friends that bought a white/blue '06 and a black/silver '06 for $131,000 each. They claim a deal with a Ford higher-up and said this is $5,000 off manufacturers cost. However I've talked to the dealer these were delivered through and he claims they were sold for list. :headscratch

Conclusion: Price rumors will continue to modulate, if you can get a good price then great, however if you get the car at whatever price you'll love it and should have no regrets.

neilhellr

GT Owner
Oct 14, 2005
Central IL
Keep in mind...

There was a red 05 with 600 miles sold at auction in Chicago about four months ago. Had two previous accidents with damages over $50,000. Could be the same car???

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
A very well known and much respected individual on the Lambo boards acquired a GT a month or so ago. He originally said that it was a price point that would just be a joke to pass up - or something to that effect. Recently someone asked him what he paid and he promptly replied that he got "$12K back of MSRP" on a dealer to dealer transaction because the guy "owed" him. He further added that his Tungsten GT had a "sticker" of $176K and change and his deal was $12K off of that. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
This guy is an idiot, one born to the car world every minute. I paid sticker for my 06 Tungsten at $166.694.00. So, does this guy have any interest in buying a toll bridge in San Francisco, my family owns! Hmmm??..., $12K off of $176,000 seems to me to be about Sticker for an 06 Tungsten.

Must have been a big favor the dealer owed him, let him see this post!!

Duh :eek

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
nota4re said:
A very well known and much respected individual on the Lambo boards acquired a GT a month or so ago. He originally said that it was a price point that would just be a joke to pass up - or something to that effect. Recently someone asked him what he paid and he promptly replied that he got "$12K back of MSRP" on a dealer to dealer transaction because the guy "owed" him. He further added that his Tungsten GT had a "sticker" of $176K and change and his deal was $12K off of that. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Leave it to a Lambo guy to get a deal like that.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
AtomicGT said:
This guy is an idiot, one born to the car world every minute. I paid sticker for my 06 Tungsten at $166.694.00. So, does this guy have any interest in buying a toll bridge in San Francisco, my family owns! Hmmm??..., $12K off of $176,000 seems to me to be about Sticker for an 06 Tungsten.

Must have been a big favor the dealer owed him, let him see this post!!

Duh :eek

Hey, wait a darn minute, don't you think you should offer the Bridge to someone on this board. I have always wanted one, I understand the ROI
can be rewarding. PM and we can work out a deal