GT Driven in Anger - 200+ mph

nthfinity

Apr 18, 2006
South East MI
A Local GT was part of a small group to go up to Oscoda to legally hit v-max in their cars legally... or at least come close to it.

Speedo indicated 216 mph, GPS indicated 202 mph ( at 211 mph speedo), and Radar timed at 199 mph

Pully, Tune to 640 RWHP at Oscoda
Motorwerks_Airport_Run_2008_Ford_GT_14s.JPG

Motorwerks_Airport_Run_2008_Ford_GT_15s.JPG

Forgot to mention. Waiting was not for over 5 hours just to get in line, and everybody who wanted did at least 10-15 runs.

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Awesome!:thumbsup

thrashdu2002

Feb 26, 2007
Fortuna,Ca
dang finity thats along wait for a few runs but well worth the time i gather i dont own a ford gt but if i did i would wait that long too. beats standing in line for a rollercoaster for 3 hours

nthfinity

Apr 18, 2006
South East MI
dang finity thats along wait for a few runs but well worth the time i gather i dont own a ford gt but if i did i would wait that long too. beats standing in line for a rollercoaster for 3 hours

Waiting was about 45 minutes after running 4 times in a row. I was making a "stab" at the over abundance of cars, and not the best organization at the Texas Mile ;)

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
congrats:)

Aug 25, 2006
Very nice

Thank you for sharing

Shadowman

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
What was the distance you were able to run?

Is this an annual event or what?

Where do we sign up?:banana

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
cool ! In that first Photo your car looks like a police cruser with a light bar on it...:biggrin

nthfinity

Apr 18, 2006
South East MI
What was the distance you were able to run?

Is this an annual event or what?

Where do we sign up?:banana

In some time, Perhaps both DBK and I can work something out for something more specific here that is bigger. This trip was in conjunction with a local shop called Motorwerks here in Michigan. It was a big success for what it was; and hopes to grow that side as well.

The total distance of the runway is about 2 miles, however, you can start a "little" early in the staging zone to make it as if its slightly longer. It's enough distance for a pully tune GT to hit 200, that much is true :)

(this is not my GT, just the shots of it are mine)

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
cool ! In that first Photo your car looks like a police cruser with a light bar on it...:biggrin

Paranoid are we...:lol :thumbsup

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
since the runway was a lil over 2 miles long i assume you were on the gas for at least 1.5 miles before you started braking?

JimF

GT Owner
Dec 19, 2006
Palm Springs, Lake Tahoe
+200

My speedo only has a 5-6 mph error at 200 mph and it has not been adjusted on a dyno. I run the Goodyear tires. Could that have been a tire issue?

Big Dog

nthfinity

Apr 18, 2006
South East MI
since the runway was a lil over 2 miles long i assume you were on the gas for at least 1.5 miles before you started braking?
The driver was braking at the 2000 mark +-

My speedo only has a 5-6 mph error at 200 mph and it has not been adjusted on a dyno. I run the Goodyear tires. Could that have been a tire issue?

Big Dog

Stock GY's were on this GT. I wasn't the driver, or passenger... too busy taking photos. So the passenger noting 211 mph while timing 202 on the GPS may have had a poor perspective of the speedo....

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Paranoid are we...:lol :thumbsup

yep : this time of year I'm a Scaredie Cat....:biggrin