GT burned

RedGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 21, 2006
Foxfield, Colorado
This may have already been posted.
http://www.brainshrub.com/blogmedia/images/2006/2006feb/ford-fire.jpg
Guy got mad over the price of a new car and ended up setting the dealership on fire. He ended up committing suicide on a United flight a few days later.
Another link:http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/2006-02-09-denver-jet_x.htm

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
He ended up committing suicide on a United flight a few days later.

Good. Now "WE" won't have to clothe, feed, and house the bozo for several years... to say nothing of handling his medical & dental.:bored

Last edited:
M

Mark O

"A man accused of causing a nearly $1 million fire at a Miami auto dealership hanged himself in an airplane lavatory, and the flight was diverted to Denver after his body was discovered, authorities said Thursday."

There's got to be a joke in there somewhere. :lol

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
"A man accused of causing a nearly $1 million fire at a Miami auto dealership hanged himself in an airplane lavatory, and the flight was diverted to Denver after his body was discovered, authorities said Thursday."

There's got to be a joke in there somewhere. :lol

ABOUT AS FUNNY AS THE DEALER THAT ROLLED YOUR ODOMETER! No doubt the guy was troubled and needed medical help, not heartless cracks. Obviously you have never been exposed to folks that see no light at the end of the tunnel and put an end to their life. Please.:bs

Aug 25, 2006
ABOUT AS FUNNY AS THE DEALER THAT ROLLED YOUR ODOMETER! No doubt the guy was troubled and needed medical help, not heartless cracks. Obviously you have never been exposed to folks that see no light at the end of the tunnel and put an end to their life. Please.:bs

This truly sucks; as I always say "I would rather see the gun when compared to wondering if he has one"

This guys was obviously a smoking gun in "sadly" much the same way as the frenzy of Postal workers of years gone past.

All of this over a fricken car

May he rest in peace as something much deeper was troubling this man

Shadowman

RedGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 21, 2006
Foxfield, Colorado
Here is a lnk showing him at the dealership:http://www.collegeslackers.com/video/652
Some place along the line, you would think somebody would recognize this guy needed help.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Here is a lnk showing him at the dealership:http://www.collegeslackers.com/video/652
Some place along the line, you would think somebody would recognize this guy needed help.

It is really sad, I have had a couple employees go off into the dark side and take their lives.
Couple of my friends kids felt that the pressure of life was to much to bear.
Trust me, everyone involved is impacted and left guilt ridden. You ask yourself, where were you and how you could not see that it was coming.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
'Guess I'm a cold, heartless fool then. But, I have no sympathy at all for someone who pulls a stunt which endangers the lives of others. His lil' temper tantrum at the dealership certainly qualifies. So, whatever "bad" befalls someone who does that sort of thing as a consequence of having done it - self inflicted or otherwise - is of no concern to me.

There's too much "excuse making" for individuals who pull this kinda crap.

(I feel bad for his family & friends. I DO. But, that's as far as it goes.)

Vlad the Impaler

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
As I heard it.....

The dealership can be repaired, the brand new 2006 Ford GT that burned up in the showroom is gone for good. Bummer. A week later while trying to floss in the lavatory during heavy turbulence after a delicious airline meal, things went horribly awry.:ack

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
If I remember correctly, this all started over the sale of an Escape.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
If I remember correctly, this all started over the sale of an Escape.

YUP. He was ticked because, after the sale, he evidently came to the realization he'd either paid $2K to much ... or found he'd been charged $2K too much interest on the contract, one or the other. And it all went south after that.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
:confused

Mental illness is a disease. Jokes about cancer, childhood disease, paralysis, and other taboo medical events would not be funny if its your wife, kids, or family. A smirk/joke from a ER Dr. would not be funny next time you are in there would it....

ps, Not trying to pile on but this post is the first tasteless one....and should go.:bs

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA
Like when the doctor looks at you after running some tests and utters,"Well, the good news is that if I cure you, I'll be world famous".:bs
</IMG>

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
I drive by that dealership all the time, its still not put back together. I've never seen the heritage for sale in any of the salvage auctions...

M

Mark O

I'm sorry, I have a warped sense of humor sometimes. You can probably tell by looking at the picture to the left.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I'm sorry, I have a warped sense of humor sometimes. You can probably tell by looking at the picture to the left.

No problem, point made and accepted. thank you.
Great avatar, how hard was it to get the dealer into that chipper??? see we use the same collection service:lol :rofl :lol

M

Mark O

That's my wife & I working at the 2nd home in NH a few years ago. I got the idea for the picture & everybody who's seen it thinks it's a riot...except for my mother-in-law