GT Battery Replacrments / Definitive List

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Is it true it is an Odyssey underneath?

Sears Plat and Odyssey both made by EnerSys . I think specs virtually identical.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Johnson Controls owns Optima and Odyssee

DieHard is a bit more robust version

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
From the Enersys Website;

"EnerSys® is the largest industrial battery manufacturer in the world, operating manufacturing and assembly facilities worldwide for customers in over 100 countries. Worldwide and Americas headquarters are located in Reading, Pennsylvania, USA

Today, our reserve power batteries are marketed and sold principally under the PowerSafe, DataSafe, Hawker, Genesis, Odyssey, Varta and Cyclon brands. Our motive power batteries are marketed and sold principally under the Hawker, EnerSys Ironclad, General Battery, Fiamm Motive Power, Uranio, Oldham and Express brands. We also manufacture and sell related direct current—DC—power products including chargers, electronic power equipment and a wide variety of battery accessories. Our battery products span a broad range of sizes, configurations and electrical capabilities, enabling us to meet a wide variety of customer applications."

http://www.enersys.com

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
Here's a bump on a useful thread for old and new owners alike.

I just bought the Sears Platinum for $197. It's about as fresh as you can find on the shelf - manufactured two months ago. They had one that was 2 years 10 months old that they offered me for $100, and I bought it for my forklift. Same 48 month replacement + 52 month prorated (100 month total) warranty on both.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
I just checked the Sears site and came up with
VS
Am I looking at the correct (for our application) battery?
Thnx

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
This Diehard Platinum is in my car now. The number is in the top right corner.

DSC_4540.jpg

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
U da man

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Wow, last time I checked odyssey batteries they were a lot more expensive (like $800). I wonder if it's the same company or if they got bought out?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I bought the biggest AGM 31M Marine Drycell Battery Odyssey makes for my boat and they were about $500 each, now the exact same battery is available from other brands, sourced by Odyssey and significantly less money.

I just assumed it was demand now met by a bigger supply and thus less $.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Yes, AGM batteries can leak. This one is six years old. I think it has an intermittent internal short. Voltage would occasionally drop to 11 then go back to 12.8.

IMAG2031.jpg

Optima Group 25 is exact size replacement. $140 at Amazon if you can live without the FORD GT logo on top.

IMAG2032.jpg

Last edited:

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Had an OEM battery leak at the negative post. Didn't realize it until Carlisle this year when Rich took the front pan off and saw acid leakage residue. Replaced with another OEM battery.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
I know we have heard that Odyssey is a good choice for the GT.
I know there are 2,..with 2 slightly diff dimensions.
Are people buying the 25 or the 75/86 version?

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
I know we have heard that Odyssey is a good choice for the GT.
I know there are 2,..with 2 slightly diff dimensions.
Are people buying the 25 or the 75/86 version?

Did you look at the 1st page of this post? It's all explained there.

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I know we have heard that Odyssey is a good choice for the GT... Are people buying the 25 or the 75/86 version?
I just installed an Odyssey 75/86-PC1230DT in my GT. it works like a champ. $257 delivered from Amazon.

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
I went with the Odyssey PC1200T; It has reversed terminals to clear the front bar!!! I would go with the 35-PC1400T also, vice 25-PC1400T!!!

Last edited: