Gt 500 kr

gtforme

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2009
Is the 2009 Mustang GT 500 KR going to be collectable , I dont see many for sale and the ones that are seem to be holding their values

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Ehh, interesting historical piece but it was completely eclipsed by the 13 GT500 both in power and handling, significantly reducing its desirability. It will always be worth more than other 2009 GT500s but not likely to drastically increase in value for many years.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Ehh, interesting historical piece but it was completely eclipsed by the 13 GT500 both in power and handling, significantly reducing its desirability. It will always be worth more than other 2009 GT500s but not likely to drastically increase in value for many years.

Completely agree. I was thinking about a KR and just got a 2014 GT500 instead. However, I don't think you will get hurt on a KR if you buy a very good example in mid $50k range.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Maybe some time but they are not getting premium prices right now. They are unique cars is that the GT500KR (and the Shelby GT) were pre-title Shelby conversions. The cars were drop shipped "incomplete" from Ford to SAI and SAI finished them, and then they were shipped to the dealers. The Ford-Shelby Monroney label had "Not for sale" on it, and Shelby applied a photo overlay over that when the cars were completed.

If you are looking for one I'd suggest you check the Shelby web site at www.teamshelby.com. They come up for sale over there

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I was thinking the opposite there are several on ebay, and other sites. It was what an $80k car new, and they are easily had in the 40s with very low miles. Be a LONG time before they recover to sticker.