Gt 40 offered by rm at monterey auction

GTMikey

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2008
Lake Tahoe
Look at what the Ferrari's these cars beat have sold for, $20M-$25M with racing pedigree... I think they are just catching up.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
What an incredible winning bid. This certainly cements Ford GT's legend in automotive history.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the money this car brought. I should have gone and had some of those half empty cocktails Ed was talking about to help me figure it out.

Ah, yeah. And there are some significant ones out there yet.

The 1967 LeMans winning Ford GT (GT40 J6) at the Henry Ford is apparently (well under) insured for approx. $12M. I can't imagine what it would bring if ever sold.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Ah, yeah. And there are some significant ones out there yet.

The 1967 LeMans winning Ford GT (GT40 J6) at the Henry Ford is apparently (well under) insured for approx. $12M. I can't imagine what it would bring if ever sold.

Cobrar - This old adge comes into play .."If you Can't Afford It. Don't ask about The Price".

But then again dreaming is allowed!

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Look at what the Ferrari's these cars beat have sold for, $20M-$25M with racing pedigree... I think they are just catching up.
The GT should bring in more than the Ferrari it beat...

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
The GT should bring in more than the Ferrari it beat...

Agreed.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
This old adge comes into play .."If you Can't Afford It. Don't ask about The Price".

An aside(!):

:bs That adage has always annoyed the stuffings out of me! It's SOOOOOOOOOOOO obnoxiously pretentious. I mean, seriously, come on. How is someone supposed to write a check if he doesn't know the amount? (I guess if one were, say, Reginald Van Gleason III (apologies to Jackie Gleason) he might just sign a blank one, hand it to the seller and say, 'Here you go, my good man. Fill in the amount. I'm late for my group's teeee time. And, by the way - BOYYYYY, are you FAT!'...but, I wouldn't.

('Too old a reference, maybe?)

I'm 'dunn' now...flame away...

No Class Pockets

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
I agree...and not too many can afford an 11 million $ car...

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I agree...and not too many can afford an 11 million $ car...

The sale price was $10M. That was how much the seller received. R&M has a 10% Buyer's Premium so the buyer paid the seller $10M & paid $1M to R&M. At the auction when the gavel came down the auctioneer said "Sold, for ten million!"

Ed

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
I bought it. Its going to be my DD. Thinking of putting on turbos.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I bought it. Its going to be my DD. Thinking of putting on turbos.

:rofl:rofl:rofl :thumbsup

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
I thought i saw camilo's GT parked on the street outside the portola on saturday night...didnt see him though

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
There were plenty of ghost sightings of Camilo at Monterey. He's everywhere!

Ed