GT 200MPH Speed Day/Mojave Mile Update Thread

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Sorry for the picture quality but I wonder what these fit?

View attachment 20091

oooo ooooo I recognize that bench.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
The results are in!!! :thumbsup

The multi-drivers for some of the cars held things up a bit. 232 runs and everyone went home happy. I will have a ton of pics and vids to add as well. Probably be done tomorow or Sunday. :cheers

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Tom

Can't wait to see your post and the pix&vids!

Ed

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Tom

Can't wait to see your post and the pix&vids!

Ed

:agree:

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
I'm wondering what was the speed reached from a standing 1.3mile run? I recall seeing at least one blue GT which had a standing start run. Who was it? Was it u, Ice? If not Clinton, how is the car set up?

Ed

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
A bit depends on your power level, but from my experience my guess would be about 5 to 9 mph slower than speeds you reached with the rolling start. I did a standing 1.25 mile start in Miami and picked up about 7 mph (Whipple at that time). Most others with lower power went about 5mph faster than their mile times. Those with higher power levels were really only about 9mph faster. 1.3 might make a little difference over 1.25, but not much.
I know I would have been in the low 130s if I had started from stop as I probably could have been there in the standing mile with a few more runs, (I only made two). Most of the 1.3 runs I started at less than 30mph with rolling throttle because I was intimidated by the guy standing there starting us.:thumbsup

Last edited: